Quantcast

coffee

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
B_A_MTBIKER said:
A nice warm cup of coffee is a good way to wake up on a winters day and go to class I think.
Just plain old Folgers 100% Columbian...not some expensive over-priced bean bag brand.
That Folgers makes a great chain cleaner.

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
turkish proverb - coffee should be black as night, hot as hell and sweet as love.

and by and far the BEST coffee ever is Community Coffee - based in New Orleans. Got hooked on it living in Baton Rouge. Had it shipped to NC for a couple of years and then thank the coffee gods Winn Dixie started selling it. best stuff ever.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
bigginsis said:
turkish proverb - coffee should be black as night, hot as hell and sweet as love.
sweet! i gonna have to remember that.

I was listen to the Jazz station the other night & they had a block of coffee songs. i cant remember them all but it was really cool.

right now, im sipping an espresso roast that is very nice.

The fresher the coffee, the better it tastes. Roasted beans start
getting stale after about 4 days. Ground beans get stale after about
5 hours. The coffee you get at Starbucks is stale. The ground bagged
coffee you buy is stale. Now, some people get used to and prefer
stale coffee. Freezing beans doesn't stop them from going stale.
Vacuum packing helps a little, but the beans still go stale.

Conclusion: for *really* good coffee, you've got to roast your own.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Ginzo said:
there are some great teas in the world. what do you love, and what do you usually drink?
actually i rarely do but if i do it's herbal all the way....

Haiku-

Delicate lemon balm, spearmint, eucalyptus, rosemary, linden, oat straw, wood betony and blackberry leaf.

World Peace-

Organic peppermint, cloves and licorice root. We brew it with equal parts fresh ginger. Good for what ails you.

Teahouse Kuan Yin
http://teahousechoice.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT

Caffe Fresco

Chimp
Sep 17, 2004
wooglin said:
Damn. Way late on this thread.

www.doubleff.com <------ web site for a buddy of mine who's a coffee roaster and MTBer.
MtBikeBetty said:
I am a big fan of this coffee!!
Hello,

This is the founder & roaster of Caffè Fresco™. Straight away I would like to thank Wooglin & MtBikeBetty for the plug on this forum. I was alerted to their posts by the SiteMeter on the bottom of Caffè Fresco's web-page (www.doubleff.com), and I also noticed that a few of you clicked through the site. Thank you for looking.

I too ride, both Mtn & Road and I also enjoy a great cup of coffee. There seems to be a great connection between bikes & beans. In order to achieve a great cup of coffee I decided, about two years ago, to start a small roasting operation. Today that roasting operation is alive & well. I roast in small batches with a Diedrich infra-red drum roaster. It's one of the best small commercial roasters out there! Every roast is tended to with great passion, and the beans are quickly packed & shipped or delivered. All my extra roasted beans feed the wrenches at my local bike shop. There're a smiling group of people. A link to that shop is on the web-site.

Anyway, I would love to pass the joy of my passion on to the people of RideMonkey. So, I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse! Our Introductory Offer, which is only offered by me, is something special. It's two 12oz bags of beans for the price of two 8oz, plus shipping. All one has to do is purchase two 8's from the web-site, and Caffè Fresco™ will automatically ship the two 12's. It's that easy, and it's a great bang-for-the-buck too. Our prices are very reasonable even without the Intro Offer. This Intro Offer also gets the you entered into our "Be A Star" Promo. Please have a look at www.doubleff.com for the "Be A Star" details.

Well, I hope to hear from you all. In the meantime "keep the rubber side down"

Best Regards,

Tony

Caffe Fresco

Chimp
Sep 17, 2004
Caffe Fresco said:
Hello,

This is the founder & roaster of Caffè Fresco™. Straight away I would like to thank Wooglin & MtBikeBetty for the plug on this forum. I was alerted to their posts by the SiteMeter on the bottom of Caffè Fresco's web-page (www.doubleff.com), and I also noticed that a few of you clicked through the site. Thank you for looking.

I too ride, both Mtn & Road and I also enjoy a great cup of coffee. There seems to be a great connection between bikes & beans. In order to achieve a great cup of coffee I decided, about two years ago, to start a small roasting operation. Today that roasting operation is alive & well. I roast in small batches with a Diedrich infra-red drum roaster. It's one of the best small commercial roasters out there! Every roast is tended to with great passion, and the beans are quickly packed & shipped or delivered. All my extra roasted beans feed the wrenches at my local bike shop. There're a smiling group of people. A link to that shop is on the web-site.

Anyway, I would love to pass the joy of my passion on to the people of RideMonkey. So, I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse! Our Introductory Offer, which is only offered by me, is something special. It's two 12oz bags of beans for the price of two 8oz, plus shipping. All one has to do is purchase two 8's from the web-site, and Caffè Fresco™ will automatically ship the two 12's. It's that easy, and it's a great bang-for-the-buck too. Our prices are very reasonable even without the Intro Offer. This Intro Offer also gets the you entered into our "Be A Star" Promo. Please have a look at www.doubleff.com for the "Be A Star" details.

Well, I hope to hear from you all. In the meantime "keep the rubber side down"

Best Regards,

Tony
bump ... it's been a while ... but, there's nothing wrong with a little SPAM on a coffee thread ... www.caffefresco.us

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
WWW.HOODRIVERCOFFEECO.COM

sh#t man, that's all you gotta say...... yeah, it's not "fresh roasted" by me, so it's stale or whatever. but it tastes better than any other stuff i've had.
ground right before brewing, french press. no sugar, about a tablespoon of cream (full on real cream, not 1/2 and 1/2 crap) and i'm good to go. preferably a very dark italian or french. yum! black, no cream, if i'm in the mood, or when out of cream and too lazy to go to the store.

and a really good brew-up of some sweethotbitter turkish coffee once in a while rocks.

the girlfriend just brought home some new stuff she ordered from her fav place back east. first cup will bo tomorrow. battle of the west vs. east coast roasters in our household now........

J

JRB

Warning the Basemaster General has determined that coffee is good for your health
Doug is bouncing off the walls
Ray is drooling big spit balls
Feeling cranky, logged all night
Kids on coffee
Where's my Bonus Cup?
Come on man, fill me up
I need some Krappers to wash it down
Kids on coffee Kids on coffee
Went driving down to San Diego
Passing by the nuclear tits
Go away off my earth!
Kids on coffee
Kids on coffee!
The amount of actual sleep is now optional.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
What is it about coffee when you drink it in the Carribean? I noticed this in Barbados the stuff is soooooooooo much better or maybe just different and I like the change but I've been told it's that good all over the carib islands....what gives??

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
loco said:
Warning the Basemaster General has determined that coffee is good for your health
Doug is bouncing off the walls
Ray is drooling big spit balls
Feeling cranky, logged all night
Kids on coffee
Where's my Bonus Cup?
Come on man, fill me up
I need some Krappers to wash it down
Kids on coffee Kids on coffee
Went driving down to San Diego
Passing by the nuclear tits
Go away off my earth!
Kids on coffee
Kids on coffee!
The amount of actual sleep is now optional.
:thumb: