Quantcast

Best Movie thread

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
original thread, huh?

Some of the best I have seen in the last few months...

There Will Be Blood- FRIKKIN AWESOME.
Son of Rambow- great flick, damn funny.
Zohan- good in a nostalgic, i haven't seen Billy Madison, in years kinda way.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
millers crossing
le samourai
once upon a time in the west
mongol
the killers
harper
rififi

there are more that i am forgetting about

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
shawshank redemption
any kubrick movie
any tarretino movie
lost angels
breaking away
two lane blacktop
gone in 60 seconds...the original
vanishing point....the original

and im hoping quantum of solace will be good when i get the screeners copy soon!

too many more to list

Last edited:

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I don't know how many times I've seen Blood Sport and The Hunt for Red October on TBS but I always seem to watch it through.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't know how many times I've seen Blood Sport and The Hunt for Red October on TBS but I always seem to watch it through.
I have honestly never seen Hunt for Red October all the way through. But the Sea Hawk helicopter that sinks it was one of the birds we had on deck for Desert Storm. It was one of the tourist selling points along with our Captain quaterbacking Navy in the Sugar bowl back in the 18th century or something.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I have honestly never seen Hunt for Red October all the way through. But the Sea Hawk helicopter that sinks it was one of the birds we had on deck for Desert Storm. It was one of the tourist selling points along with our Captain quaterbacking Navy in the Sugar bowl back in the 18th century or something.
it was the actual choppa they used in the movie?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
it was the actual choppa they used in the movie?
Yup, looks the same as all the others :D

I was on a CG, we had 2 birds for West Pac. I always got to play tour guide for duty days in port. Back when you could still tour a war ship that was in port.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think this is a bad idea for a thread.

What you think is a good movie has mostly to do with how many movies you have seen.

For example, you might think Iron Man is a good drama if you haven't watched "Twelve Angry Men" or "Network".

I particularly hate when people tell me Braveheart is a great movie. It is ok, but when you see the greatest movies ever, like Spartacus or Ghandi, it ain't so good.

Cable43

Monkey
Oct 7, 2008
(Philly @ Heart)
So I like movies.....a lot. I watch about 4-5 a week. These are some or my favorites.
Check em out if you haven't seen them.

MUSA THE WARRIOR - one of the greatest movies I've ever seen

[/IMG]

Will go down as one of the greatest matial arts stories ever told

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I think this is a bad idea for a thread.

What you think is a good movie has mostly to do with how many movies you have seen.

For example, you might think Iron Man is a good drama if you haven't watched "Twelve Angry Men" or "Network".

I particularly hate when people tell me Braveheart is a great movie. It is ok, but when you see the greatest movies ever, like Spartacus or Ghandi, it ain't so good.
Don't take it so seriously....its just the internet.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Don't take it so seriously....its just the internet.
It isn't so much this thread, but I take my movies seriously.

What I hate is when movies which are not so good are supposed to be miracles. The 3 that come to mind is:

Dances With Wolves
Do The Right Thing
Braveheart

The first two were revisionist films about race, which makes them noteworthy.

I think Braveheart has some cool battle scenes, but is not particularly dramatic.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
substitute 'music' for 'movies' and now you see why people hate me so much.

:monkeydance:
You and I have similar music tastes, although you have seen 10x the bands I have.

I know when a 16 year old questions your disdain for Sum 41, I know it is because you have seen the Descendants.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Office Space
Mike Judge was from Austin and someone that used to work at my company helped mold the part of Lumberg after one of our VP's. I told my wife this and she never believed me until I had to take a conference call in the car and she got a full dose.

Glengarry Glenross was the best movie ever made.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Blake: We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize?
[Holds up prize]

Blake: Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.

Awesome!