Quantcast

Best Movie thread

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i have a krew that gets together every week for movie night. last night we decided to do "5 minute movies" where everyone brought in their favorite 5 minute clips of their favorite movies, and it was awesome. highlights:
~Office Space - the fax machine beat-down
~Princess Bride - Miracle Max scene
~Blazing Saddles - Lillian's burlesque show
~Bringing Out The Dead - I.B. Banging is dead (my choice)
~The Collective - Hawaii scene (my choice, went over great with a non-bike crowd)
~Jackass - Night Pandas (my choice, went over great with a non-Jackass crowd)

Cable43

Monkey
Oct 7, 2008
(Philly @ Heart)
i have a krew that gets together every week for movie night. last night we decided to do "5 minute movies" where everyone brought in their favorite 5 minute clips of their favorite movies, and it was awesome.
That's exactly what I want to do here - a movie night. Of course...I just moved here and don't really know anyone.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Bad Boys II...duh.

~The Collective - Hawaii scene (my choice, went over great with a non-bike crowd)
The Collective as a whole usually goes over great with a non-bike crowd. When I managed an office lunch spot I'd put it on the flatscreen from time to time and have customers wasting their lunch breaks watching it. Pretty cool.

Last edited:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i have seen a few movies in the last couple of weeks

old boy - awesome
mulholland falls - pretty decent
alien - forgot how good it was
big lebowski - always bears up to repeated viewings
audition - not as good as i'd hoped for
talladega nights - dumb, but still very funny

next in the netflix queue is _sherman's march_

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
i have seen a few movies in the last couple of weeks

old boy - awesome
mulholland falls - pretty decent
alien - forgot how good it was
big lebowski - always bears up to repeated viewings
audition - not as good as i'd hoped for
talladega nights - dumb, but still very funny

next in the netflix queue is _sherman's march_
Have you seen Ken Burns' Civil War Documentary? If not, add it to your queue. It's long but very good.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
yeah, that's the one.

i thought that Old Boy was a ton better.
Watch the whole oldboy trilogy. Mrs. Vengance was good but not as good as oldboy. Still have to see Mr. Vangance.

Audition was a bit more about cheaper trills but Miike is not as good as he used to be.

Leaving the asian stuff from the newer movies I'd really recomend Blindness. First realistic (very similar to some of the more famous experiments) decomposition of society in the first part of the movie. The details are a bit over the top but still I liked the movie and in most places I don't care about the details :P