Quantcast

Are these the all mountain bikes of the future? Discuss

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
I've got in in the "low/slack" position. I thought I'd experiment with the high position too but I haven't yet because it feels really good in "low" and using the TALAS fork and travel adjust shock put me in a good enough climbing position. Switching the geo chip is quick enough though that the first time I'm faced with a 1 hour climb I'll try the high position just for the hell of it. I probably won't leave it there cuz I want this to feel like a light DH bike that can climb, not a long legged AM bike.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I've got in in the "low/slack" position. I thought I'd experiment with the high position too but I haven't yet because it feels really good in "low" and using the TALAS fork and travel adjust shock put me in a good enough climbing position. Switching the geo chip is quick enough though that the first time I'm faced with a 1 hour climb I'll try the high position just for the hell of it. I probably won't leave it there cuz I want this to feel like a light DH bike that can climb, not a long legged AM bike.
Cool, I think with the travel adjust on the fly you can get away with the low setting and not clip too many pedals due to the reduced travel and different geo.

I am going to build one up soon, I hope.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
I am going to build one up soon, I hope.
Unfortunately they don't seem to sell the alloy frame. You've gotta pony up some serious cash for the carbon or start with one of the two complete alloy bikes. The carbon frame in small is claimed to be 6.2lbs, my large is 6.5lb. My best guess is the alloy frame is 3/4lb heavier.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Unfortunately they don't seem to sell the alloy frame. You've gotta pony up some serious cash for the carbon or start with one of the two complete alloy bikes. The carbon frame in small is claimed to be 6.2lbs, my large is 6.5lb. My best guess is the alloy frame is 3/4lb heavier.
I will hopefully get one today. I have to go to the Scott HQ this afternoon and I saw a couple laying around the other day in both carbon and alu.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Didn't notice who I was talking too. It's been a week or so since someone on here told you how lucky you are so please allow me.
Haha, thanks! I didn't end up grabbing an LT today but will pick one up in a week or two. I gotta get the parts ready.

How are your cranks working out?