Quantcast

16 inches of love, because size doesn't matter...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I semi-salvaged a 12" bike at the shop I used to work at. I disconnected the coaster brake and gave it a leopard print seat. We spent many a slow (drunken) afternoon seeing who could do the best footplant tailwhip.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
$3 at a yard sale..... I trued the wheels and threw on a seat, pedals and some grips I had laying around.
i hope you're getting him a smaller bar/stem setup.

imagine if your grips were shoulder high when you stood next to your bike . . .

some kids seem to have a really tough time riding pit bikes. always wiping out.... while kids on minis at the bmx track are blazing.

e.g.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
i hope you're getting him a smaller bar/stem setup.

imagine if your grips were shoulder high when you stood next to your bike . . .

some kids seem to have a really tough time riding pit bikes. always wiping out.... while kids on minis at the bmx track are blazing.

e.g.
I did swap out the bars on that thing shortly after that.... my son has a 20" mini now, a lot like the ones in the pic you just posted. :)

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Ahah, I've been waiting for one of these. Ironically my sweet 16 was just returned to me yesterday as a birthday present. Here's a couple from before it disappeared over the summer.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
An old Haro that I stripped and rebuilt for my oldest. Used a bunch of ligher components including relacing the wheels with FMF hollow axle hubs. It's actually at my in-laws and my daughter now uses it. Looks really good in natural sun-light.

Apr 30, 2006
The Team Hard Hard ESNEM 16/20 is the perfect mix of stability and agility. Personally, I think they were ahead of their time...

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
We held the 1st Annual Race For The Cup Of Spectacular Victory Of Triumph Downhill Pit Bike Race last night. It was epic. But I destroyed my feet in slip on Vans for brakeless stopping on crazy rocks...