Quantcast

¿?¡!• Sat turd day •!¡?¿

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Woke up at 4:19 with an urge to poop. Not back asleep yet as brain now going. No kids up overnight thus far so have that going for me.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Cold and rainy. Coffee. Neither of the dogs {or myself) have any enthusiasm for a walk. Keeping an eye on Fed-Ex tracking for the new frame I accidentelly-ed. Have to replace a dead light fixture in the basement, tighten up a loose toilet seat in the main bath, and a leaky faucet in the kitchen. Dishes and laundry. Dinner res with Mrs. Scrub this evening.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Had to take the Mrs. to the airport stupid early. Now heading up to ski, gonna just nap in the truck until the lifts start spinning.

Lungs still feel like shit, so I probably won't manage many laps but I need to get outside for a bit, I'm going insane.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
this 5.5 lb bundle of joy arrives thursday or friday

20230304_093409.jpg

4 whole shots per roll of 120 film....

will be using phone/app for viewfinder to compose shots.....unless i can find a viewfinder to match the lens...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Was supposed to tile kitchen backslash.
But since all cutting has to be done outside, horizontal snow escalated my motivation into fuck it territory.

Might go out on the Hoks later.

Planning road trip.
Is Bentonville a worthy smallish detour while heading west?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Snow is still flying and shall be for most of the day, how peaceful.

I shall be temporarily relocating some electrical boxes in preparation to shift a wall in the basement.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Planning road trip.
Is Bentonville a worthy smallish detour while heading west?
depends on how far out of the way.Less than a couple hours sure. Anything more IMHO, no. I take 40 west from Asheville to my folks in Utah and make the detour once every other year and only if timing is not on weekend.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
depends on how far out of the way.Less than a couple hours sure. Anything more IMHO, no. I take 40 west from Asheville to my folks in Utah and make the detour once every other year and only if timing is not on weekend.
If calculating home>Hurricane it's about a 4 hours detour. Not sure I want to do 70W through Denver in early April anyway. Noted for week-ends.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
stayed up late baking, now sipping espresso, wind has kicked up, rain is showing up just on the edge of the KMUX Radar image so that should hit here in an hour and Kidwoo in about 2

I guess I will try to mow the yard before the wet shit hits

20230304_080944.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If calculating home>Hurricane it's about a 4 hours detour. Not sure I want to do 70W through Denver in early April anyway. Noted for week-ends.
You're already traffic.

But I'd wave at you from my living room!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
blowing will happen later today.
Frig, heavy snow! Not helped by the temperature now being 1c.

Going to venture to the trails in a bit in hopes that someone rode or groomed them. If they get packed down, it'll be nice. If not, absolute torture.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
My 2020 Canfield Balance still makes me pause with wide wonder after every. Single. Ride. How can a bike be that good?!

It's my Red Ryder Range Model Air Rifle, I suppose.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Frig, heavy snow! Not helped by the temperature now being 1c.

Going to venture to the trails in a bit in hopes that someone rode or groomed them. If they get packed down, it'll be nice. If not, absolute torture.
We have the fluffy stuff. -5c

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I did a two hour workout on the kickr this morning. I don't get why I can ride 120 miles outside on the tri bike just fine, but put the bike on the trainer and two hours is all my crotch can handle. It doesn't make sense.

Slept 10 hours last night. New bed is still fantastic. @I Are Baboon how do you do this all the time?
I only do it on the weekends! And weekdays when I am a lazy fuck.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rode the MTB for the second day. Still need to nail fitting. Trails were mostly dry and frozen so that made for some fun riding. Still slow but it is still only early March.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
'Morning! I did a two hour workout on the kickr this morning. I don't get why I can ride 120 miles outside on the tri bike just fine, but put the bike on the trainer and two hours is all my crotch can handle. It doesn't make sense.

I only do it on the weekends! And weekdays when I am a lazy fuck.
Fewer visual distractions while on the trainer vs on the road. That and your position tends to remain fixed and you move around on the saddle less. So you brain focuses on how bored you are or that your crotch is getting numb and not things like dodging potholes and oblivious drivers. All mental. But I agree, the trainer sucks.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
tesla fires and jackknifing will happen all day today
View attachment 190368
Good to see the snow line is really low. :thumb:

Yeah - the early April dice-roll with I70 probably ain't worth it. 40's probably a safer bet.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Over a foot of heavy wet snow last night and still snowing a bit. Heading to Oneonta in a little bit for a gymnastics meet for both girls. Should be a long day!
Awesome, drive safe.

If there is even a slight chance that a snowflake might be spotted everything here shuts down the day before and the grocery stores get ransacked. So wish I wasn't exaggerating. When I was a kid living in PA, I can remember standing on two feet of snow, so cold the straps on my book bag froze, waiting for the school-bus.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
8" powder. New powder skis I got from @Nick last year. Turns out I don't suck at trees, I was just sinking before. I did decide to try and bend my shin at the top of my boot when I slid sideways 10" down a fallen log. Haley is complaining that her skis, also from Nick, are too hard to turn. I guess she's gotten too used to snowlerblades...

Sleeping until 6:30 was amazing. Even getting to sleep at 1030 was late, but the sleep in was epic. 10/10 would buy a mtn house if I could afford to.