Quantcast

{=} zombie gmt {≠}

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
12 miles, 2200ft of verticals. Surprisingly good levels of pop still in my legs after yesterday on the techy power moves up the climb.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Trails are too muddy so I’m taking a rest day. Probably throw some weight on my back tomorrow.

Seasonal trails in Pisgah close to bikes on the 15th. Really need to make serious effort of riding Butter to Cat Gap since the chunky bits will get the axe this year and a nice bobsled run will be installed in it’s place. This will be the last chance. Humph

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Why we can’t have nice things:

A stunning 66% of Americans said “biblical accounts of the physical resurrection of Jesus are completely accurate,”
Lol, that’s overall Americans right ? Cuz that percentage gets considerably higher in the South.

Also the number of believers who have actually read the Bible is shockingly low. They rely on what others, such as a minister or Sunday School teacher, tell them is in the Bible. Who discus (preach) in such manner that discourages reading. It’s basically an oral tradition disguised as scripture for the majority.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Somebody just gave my buddy's son a bike, which is awesome. So I just spent the last hour doing a breakdown with them over the phone. We'll spend time over the next week finishing it and rebuilding.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I don't believe the 66%.
Woulda been way funnier if it were 66.6%

Hard to believe that number either, I think the percentage of Americans who even identify as Christian is lower than 66%. Plenty of Christian who don’t believe in the literal accuracy of the Bible.

People smart enough to know the entire Bible was just anti Roman propaganda are probably less likely to answer silly surveys. We’re busy trying to make Roma great again, hail Caesar!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The people who commissioned the research are fundies, no doubt, but they claim ‘all Americans’. I would personally apply a liberal salt garnish, if only to keep myself sane.
Seriously. I like to think my kids and their generation have questioned these things and know using logic and science that it's crap.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Trails are too muddy so I’m taking a rest day. Probably throw some weight on my back tomorrow.

Seasonal trails in Pisgah close to bikes on the 15th. Really need to make serious effort of riding Butter to Cat Gap since the chunky bits will get the axe this year and a nice bobsled run will be installed in it’s place. This will be the last chance. Humph
Really? God damnit. I do enjoy that one.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
32% believing God isn’t concerned with their daily decisions.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Consider that source: the 700 club and the other links were are part of the Pat Robertson brainwashing cabal
Agree, pretty shady. 70% Christian which would mean only that 4% were non-literalists. Fairly nopey.
Shows improvement though:

Last edited: