Quantcast

You have $3000 to spend...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Lets bump this.

With my new job, my budget has increased a little. I'm now looking to spend $7000+ in cash. Though what I've found below is interesting...

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Subaru/Impreza/Vaughan/Ontario/5_21738213_20120831152358230/?ursrc=hl&showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=12_15_66
Low miles, but its white (ugh). Going to go take a look tomorrow.

Theres also something like this;
http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Subaru/Impreza/ST+CATHARINES/Ontario/19_8387808_/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=1_15_66

I am absolutely refusing to drive a Camry or Corolla.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah same here. There must be a catch...

I've seen molested versions with 50% more miles/kilometers for much more. :crazy:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
You can blow their brains out for short money.
If you're going to be burning the bodies anyway, why not?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If you do it right you never actually pay them. Might need a few bucks for shovels, lye, bone saws, and tannery supplies.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Odds are at least one of those Hookers is going to have some blow on her. No need to kill them. You probably can get a few grand from the Pimp in Ransom if you play your cards right. Consult with me before you go off and do something stupid. Just remember you are not Westy.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Get a team of trained alpacas to transport you

Everyone knows that Alpacas attract Law Enforcement. The Dog Fight place doesn't have Alpaca parking just so you know. Based on your known limits, that was a pretty well thought out post however. With enough practice you may actually contribute here someday....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have never gotten a Christmas card from a North Korean wolf. So if there are wolves in North Korea, they hate Christmas.
Even though they are close to extinction, I guess we need to let them go. You're hate has provided me with a small amount of clarity and a even lesser amount of morality. Thanks for setting the bar so low....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Even though they are close to extinction, I guess we need to let them go. You're hate has provided me with a small amount of clarity and a even lesser amount of morality. Thanks for setting the bar so low....
I suspect you have but a weak grasp on which you speak. Spend a few decades studying interactions between canidae and the greeting card industry, then get back to me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If it's too good to be true.......
Who would have thought...

Hi,

The vehicle is still available for sale, was well maintained, it's in perfect working order, never been damaged.The price, as stated in the ad, is $9500.I retired and moved to my wife's home country, Finland. I shipped a few of my belongings here from Sydney, NS and wanted to take the vehicle with me but decided against it. It is now in storage at the shipping company in Sydney. I will pay all fees to send it back. You will also receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase. Email me back if you're interested and have any questions.

Thanks,

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
^Did reply to that guy in a Blackholio way, but no response sadly. Could have been fun...

or LESBAmos
Thought that only applied to the Forester or Outback? :drool: Either way, I'm okay with it.

The worst part about this is having to drive my POS for another week. Fuck.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
That must be fun. STI's look like a hoot. I got the ho-hum WRX circa 2009. Bone stock too...
Although it kinda stinks it's not the wide-body like the later ones, it's vastly superior to the 2008, which was simply an Impreza GT imported from Japan with a "wrx" badge transplanted. It wasn't a "WRX" really. The 2009 is a pretty nice ride. Not being as wide would bug me so I'd want to lower/upgrade wheels, but a great car all around.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Although it kinda stinks it's not the wide-body like the later ones, it's vastly superior to the 2008, which was simply an Impreza GT imported from Japan with a "wrx" badge transplanted. It wasn't a "WRX" really. The 2009 is a pretty nice ride. Not being as wide would bug me so I'd want to lower/upgrade wheels, but a great car all around.
I totally agree. The later wide-body ones look stellar. I love that look. This one though felt incredibly solid and rides awesome. I wasn't even serious about making the purchase.....but one thing led to another and once I took it for a test drive, I don't think there was any turning back haha.

The plan right now is to buy some nice rubber for the winter and mount them on the stock wheels. Will have to keep an eye out for some new wheels for the summer months. I'm lucky too that there is a shop in town that I am in good relations with (used to deliver parts to them when I was a student) that deals primarily with Subaru's.

Will definitely have to do something about that shitty fake aluminum plastic on the interior. I wonder if a few coats of plasti-dip could improve that? Worst case I just peel it off and waste a few dollars?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Here is the obligatory potato picture.

Literally 10 feet out of the entrance of the car place, some dude almost merged into me. That would have been a great way to start out the ownership. I've only driven it for about an hour, but it is definitely going to take some getting used to the clutch and gas pedal. I haven't driven anything other than that POS for the last 5 or 6 years.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

My 2002 WRX suffered a little front end damage from aforementioned sweetness. How the hell can a rally inspired car have 12 miles of front overhang?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Here is the obligatory potato picture.

Literally 10 feet out of the entrance of the car place, some dude almost merged into me. That would have been a great way to start out the ownership. I've only driven it for about an hour, but it is definitely going to take some getting used to the clutch and gas pedal. I haven't driven anything other than that POS for the last 5 or 6 years.
I had a car exactly like that for a couple years. Both a hoot, and a holler.

It kinda ruined the sea to sky for me now though... Oh well, sunrise...sunset...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
What a shame that road is glorious. If it makes you happy I can guarantee you even in the Mazda3 its a lot better than having to drive me Volvo XC70 in and out of NYC to go mountain biking.
yeah, i'm still spoiled... I pay through the nose for it, but still kinda spoiled. but I'm jealous of your car... so much room for activities!

Anyway... @canadmos, just wait till you put some winters on it and it snows... The one time we had significant snow in the city, I must have burned a half tank of gas just doing laps in the commercial industrial area near my place. 2nd gear funtimes.