Quantcast

+++ Y no thurzdeigh gmt***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hour and half drive home ended up being 6 with naps....

no cruise control was as a drag...

cvt trans in sentra.....sounded like a buzzsaw...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sort of. I’m going to Syracuse, which is close. However, the lake effect can be so localized that Syracuse could get a few inches when Buffalo gets 5 feet. It might, however, really fubar our flying plans.
yea, its due to buffalo's proximity to lake erie. i remember buffalo getting 2 feet when over in rochester we'd only get a dusting.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Winter seems to be wintering here. Phat Byke BROs are out in force. We have at the most 1.5” of snow. . .
I rode my fat bike to our mailbox yesterday to collect the mail :p

(It's a quarter mile there and I'd just got a package delivery notification for a chainring)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So the wife's dog has been on a steady diet of chocolate the last couple days. After he ate my scorpion pepper jerky, I knew nothing can faze that garbage gut of his. He figured out how to open the end table drawer where the wife had stashed some super dark chocolate. He's a smart little fucker I tell ya.

PXL_20221007_235757828.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Snowing. Back still hurts. Steroids are bad for patience with little children.

Wifey not happy snow tires don't go on until Wednesday. There are people driving as fast on all-seasons and I do on my snows. That is just a bad idea, IMHO.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Morning Monkeys.

So the wife's dog has been on a steady diet of chocolate the last couple days. After he ate my scorpion pepper jerky, I knew nothing can faze that garbage gut of his. He figured out how to open the end table drawer where the wife had stashed some super dark chocolate. He's a smart little fucker I tell ya.

View attachment 184986
Isn't chocolate super bad for DSO's?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I rode to my post-op visit, for the record. 47 min Schwalbe Marathon Plus did just fine.

A9115DCB-DD4C-4BC0-B8CB-BE9D5CCF19C7.jpeg

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Don't blame the drugs... blame the children.

AFAIK, yes, choc is really bad for DSO's. That said, I've anecdotally heard a number of incidents where they ate a bunch with no ill effects...
Reminds me of a story from college. Girls in the apartment above me had two little hand dogs. They ate a bag of chocolate chips. One evening girls were screaming about like they were being murdered, ran upstairs to see what was up. Little dogs were shitting used 10w30 looking shit all over their apartment. #neverforget

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Another day of toddler petri-dish mystery illness, perhaps it's a sign from Zeus that I need Thai food for lunch?

A few hours of very mild discomfort. Now feel fine and am seeing 20/20 in right eye, 20/25 with a few errors on that line in the left.
IIRC my vision kept improving for about 2 weeks post surgery as things healed, I think I ended up at like 40/20 or something silly. Glad it went smoothly, I'd feel bad if I told you it was a nothing and it turned out to suck.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
As a side note, my new overseas supplier confirmed the upgraded skateboard that costs $32 each shipped is the same board offered by CCS with Independent trucks for $110. She also said had she known I needed tools she would have sent them free saving me about $130, so now I know.

I figured if there are some kids who would benefit from a better than average skate, I know it would totally be worth it. Hell, at $10 a pop for Indys it's almost worth it just because. :rofl:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
A few hours of very mild discomfort. Now feel fine and am seeing 20/20 in right eye, 20/25 with a few errors on that line in the left.

7/5 would recommend

Yet you’re further from skiing somehow. :D
It'll keep improving. I think I settled out at 20/15 in my right eye, and perhaps 20/20 in my left. I continue to have issues under artificial light though, something about it has me seeing wonky.