Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
All you ladies missed out on Northstar, it was off the hook....
no joke!!
the drive was sooo worth it. sleep or no sleep, can't tell you how glad I am that we did this.

Joe, Edgy and Randy absolutely shredded Livewire, which was by far the funnest trail on the mountain.. i'm already daydreaming of 10' tall berms and 20' tabletops
on the drive home, all four of us would sit in complete silence for 30-40 minutes at a time with sh!t eating grins on our faces, all thinking about those berms and tabletop lines... absolutely unreal!

hate to admit the obvious, but NorthStar trails put Mammoth to shame

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
hate to admit the obvious, but NorthStar trails put Mammoth to shame
Agreed. I hate to overdue the whole, "N* was off the hizzle" routine, but damn fellas, you guys missed out on some really bad a$$ trails. Livewire, Karpiel, Pho Dogg, Dog Bone, Speed Demon...really, the only reason I stopped riding was because my hands started to bleed and I wasnt able to hold on anymore. I am definitely going back this summer if I cant work out Whistler.

Drive only took 7 hours up, 7 hours to get back. Good company, good riding, good times indeed.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I'm planning on heading back up for the July 26th weekend for any of those interested.
I'm in.

I'm seriously bitter that I bought a season pass to Mammoth. Hey Randy, I must have been looking at the wrong rate in line, the website shows passes to N* are only $229.

Adam, you will love it up there, you gotta make it in July dude...

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
yEAH...N* ROCKS!!!! I'm still going over Live Wire in my mind. That **** will f u you up!

I'm down for the next trip too.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
I'm in.

I'm seriously bitter that I bought a season pass to Mammoth. Hey Randy, I must have been looking at the wrong rate in line, the website shows passes to N* are only $229.

Adam, you will love it up there, you gotta make it in July dude...
Joe, are you making any moves on a new DH rig?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I'm trying to decide what I want. I like the V10, but I don't know if it's much of a jumper. There are just so many quality rigs to choose from...

Covenasty

Chimp
Mar 10, 2005
Altadena
livewire was okay.... i have this thing with doubles...haha...but boondocks and gypsy where sick.... karpel's (veitnam) rock garden was sick.... just sick....

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Best part of N* wasnt the trails, it was the amount of hot MILFS walking around the resort. The city of Tahoe also had a sh*tload of hot chicks...must be the climate. Not that Edgy cared, he's more into boys and Sam Hill.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
livewire was okay.... i have this thing with doubles...haha...but boondocks and gypsy where sick.... karpel's (veitnam) rock garden was sick.... just sick....
i expected nothing else from a guy that only leaves the ground to reach the cookies on top of the fridge :monkeydance:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
The whole weekend was just awesome. The was a huge concentration of hot chicks and MILFs. I might have to find one to bring home with me the next trip. I think we need to head back to Steamers for a pizza and a hot waitress. I need a big bike for the next trip...

RC_Compton

Chimp
Jun 24, 2008
Riverside
I should be getting the footage from Aris this weekend and have it all edited up by early next week. Any requests/suggestions for music on the vid?

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
wow thats pretty gay to the max... anyone else
anything but all that neo MTV metal sh!t

One thing I dug about Roam is that they chose mellow music for some of the segments. Instead of the typical head thrashing metal that everyone associates with downhill mountain biking.
It created a nice contrast to the aggressive nature of our sport.

It don't have to be Phill Collins or anything... 'cause that's just gay..
but how about Depeche Mode

ok, kidding.
but you get my point

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i'm down for a quick ride this weekend early saturday. perhaps a sully ride?

my hands and body are beat from riding the hardtail at SS. the two runs down CBailey back2back kicked my butt.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Joe, Scott... Mammoth for the 4th of July wkndn.

c'mon fellas, we gotta use those season passes.
I might be able to do that weekend. I am working the 4th at night though, so I wouldn't be able to leave until Sat morn. Maybe do Sat, Sun come home Sun or I could probably take Mon off.