Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
yeah, i took the day off. i'm cool w/ getting outta here just after the morning rush-hour. i have a call into OTE to find out his schedule. haven't heard back yet.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
I spoke with OTE Sunday evening, he said our departure time is complete dependent on the 3 of us (ManD, Blend, and Me). He is camping and gets home Thursday evening.

I'm down to leave anytime Friday so we can shuttle LRC.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I hope both of you know that you are asking for it now. Nothing says I can't wait to crash like getting a new helmet.

Holy crap 7am is early. I have to see what time our crew is planning on leaving. I would just prefer to go either before or after rush hour traffic....

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Yeah.. after traffice for us in the OC is like 9am...that would put us there bout 2-3PM..plenty of time for 1 -2runs but ti would think 1 run would suffice.

But whateves....Lets just go................

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
if OC aint goin until 9am. Burbank shouldn't be thinkin' bout leaving until 10 if we want to match arrival times.
in all honesty, that sounds more like my cup of tea
i wouldn't mind being well rested before a full weekend of shred, rather than trying to catch up on sleep the whole time.

edit: ughh.. if you read what i typed here before, plz ignore it

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Oh BTW, everyone needs to bring a shower towel. That is the only thing that is not there. Other than that we should have all cookware and other BS.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Oh BTW, everyone needs to bring a shower towel. That is the only thing that is not there. Other than that we should have all cookware and other BS.
i'm bringing a 3-piece set of 2 way walkies.. in case Edgy is too slow, and needs us to wait on him.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
P and A, what time on Friday do you want to leave? I'm up for whatever.

Anyone know if doing to 2 LRC shuttles would be too much?
LRC twice... I've done it...LRC is like an SJT/Wilson ride with better scenery smooth flowy with a few obstacles, some sections have mild pedaling. I'd prefer it on a trail bike though. I'm bringing a half shell for that one. Twice could be fun if we round robin...that way we just bang it out. Might be down for just one charge and then some:cheers:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i'm down for the single LRC run, then some clankity-clank of beer glasses.

i maintain that our crew leaves about an hour after the OC shift goes. OC at 9am, LA at 10am. LA crew should be at J$ place around 930 to pack stuff. and play rock-paper-scissors for shotgun.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
dude, we have a condo that will sleep all of us, including the bedding, and the only thing we gotta bring is a towel? SCORE!!! :greedy::greedy::greedy:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
as long as backside mountain trails are open, it's all worth it
flow, shotgun, pipeline and the like are some of the funnest runs on the mountain anyway.

Scott, what time you wanna come by my place tomorrow?

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Taken from another board;

- Due to snow above the Main Lodge only the lower trails will be open.
- The following lower mountain trails will be open: Uptown, Downtown, Paper Route, Big Ring, Timber Ridge, Lakes Trails, Juniper, Lower Bullet, Lower Follow Me, Shotgun.
- The shuttle bus will start running on Saturday every 20-30 minutes from the Village for access back to the Adventure Center from 9:00 to 5:30.
- With continued melt-off and a bunch of hard work from trail crew we plan on having gondola access to trails from McCoy Station and the Top of the Sierra on July 3."

Bummer, but whatever....lets just go ride.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Taken from another board;

- Due to snow above the Main Lodge only the lower trails will be open.
- The following lower mountain trails will be open: Uptown, Downtown, Paper Route, Big Ring, Timber Ridge, Lakes Trails, Juniper, Lower Bullet, Lower Follow Me, Shotgun.
- The shuttle bus will start running on Saturday every 20-30 minutes from the Village for access back to the Adventure Center from 9:00 to 5:30.
- With continued melt-off and a bunch of hard work from trail crew we plan on having gondola access to trails from McCoy Station and the Top of the Sierra on July 3."

Bummer, but whatever....lets just go ride.
ugh.. oh well..
if the mountain sucks, we could do some repeat LRC shuttles

is anyone considering bringing a lighter trail bike? hardtail maybe?
or DH bikes all around?

Last edited:

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Fellas, bad news. Confirmed with Mammoth that the gondolas will NOT be running. I repeat, they will NOT be running. In this case, there is no way in hell that I see the money we'll be putting out for lodging, gas, food, etc to be worth the trails they'll be opening up to us. In addition to that, we'll be dropping another 30-40 bucks to ride from the main lodge down to the village.

I say we try to pull out of the rental thing saying our trip was booked entirely on the fact that we thought the mtn was going to be open for riding, but of course we learned otherwise. Its worth a shot. If not, we can cut our losses and just pay Joe for the place and stay local.

What do you guys think?

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Fellas, bad news. Confirmed with Mammoth that the gondolas will NOT be running. I repeat, they will NOT be running. In this case, there is no way in hell that I see the money we'll be putting out for lodging, gas, food, etc to be worth the trails they'll be opening up to us. In addition to that, we'll be dropping another 30-40 bucks to ride from the main lodge down to the village.

I say we try to pull out of the rental thing saying our trip was booked entirely on the fact that we thought the mtn was going to be open for riding, but of course we learned otherwise. Its worth a shot. If not, we can cut our losses and just pay Joe for the place and stay local.

What do you guys think?
I completely agree. Thats too much $$ and travel time etc. to ride XC kitty litter trails! ON top of that ..they still want to charge full price for s huttle ride...no good. From Joe's perspective on the condo...yes, this trip was booked on the FACT that the info provided by Mamoth is/was misleading. If this was reserved via credit card, I would discuss it with them as you have rights as a cardholder.

OR

Lets work out NOrthstar now!

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA

What do you guys think?
I hate to admit but this might be the best thing to do. Cut our losses (pay Joe of course) and hit SS on Saturday in masse instead or reschedule for next weekend.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
J$ is out camping so I can't comment on his position regarding N*, but i'm pretty sure he'd be out of Mammoth for the no-lift situation.

Not sure I'm down for N*, i'll think about it and decide later today. who else is rolling there? who is staying local and interested in a SS?