Quantcast

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Im torn between the new standard every year (bb/headtube/seatpost/axle) and horizontal bikes.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
I bought some purple annodized bar ends, a pink water bottle cage, and a pair of cool Onza peace sign canti brake cable hanger for my Bridgestone yesterday.

MarkDH

Monkey
Sep 23, 2004
Scotland
Making a big deal out of 10 or 20mm of travel. 'Hmm, I think this ride will be more all mountain so I'll take my 150mm travel bike, I'll save the 140mm one for aggressive XC all day epics'. Wtf?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Worst trend? Extreme unicycling. These assholes keep trying to hang out with the trials riders, it's like inline skaters trying to hang out with skateboarders all over again. Get your retarded contraption away from me, it's embarrassing.

edit: And he needs a giant backpack with huge water bladder cause he's going so far out in the boonies on his unicycle.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Worst trend? Extreme unicycling. These assholes keep trying to hang out with the trials riders, it's like inline skaters trying to hang out with skateboarders all over again. Get your retarded contraption away from me, it's embarrassing.

edit: And he needs a giant backpack with huge water bladder cause he's going so far out in the boonies on his unicycle.
not really. i did a trials comp a few years back, and enough trials unicyclists showed up that the event coordinator allowed them to have their own class (i think it was like 3 or 4 riders). i gotta say i was impressed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Once, a number of years ago.

And, yes, the majority of trials riders dislike the unis. But they are generally tolerated because the scene is so small.

You seem to be into it. Got a uni in your closet?
maybe the trials riders you hang out with. i personally have never encountered unicycle animosity from a trials rider. befuddlement maybe, but never hate.

haters gonna hate i guess

evilamish

Chimp
Nov 9, 2009
New Mexico
Do yourself a favor and google the history of clipless pedals and why they are called that instead of just being ignorant of it.

Also, how about trying clipless before ****ting on them. I ride clipless on all of my bikes and won't go back to flats.

*Attitude used mainly because of Eaterofdog's post.*
Are you talking about toe clips and why would I need to spend money on something that would be useless

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

evilamish

Chimp
Nov 9, 2009
New Mexico
History lesson - http://www.speedplay.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.history

BTW, you can troll about pedals if you want. I ride road clipless, mountain clipless and flats, commuting both styles of pedal too.

You don't like clipless, I got no problem with that, but DHers, BMXers, and roadies all use clipless.
I know that Charles Hanson made the first clipless pedals. It still does not change the fact. That you clip you foot on to the pedal.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
I know that Charles Hanson made the first clipless pedals. It still does not change the fact. That you clip you foot on to the pedal.
actually when you're riding clipless, its a cleat that clips to the pedal, the cleat is attached to the shoe, the shoe secures to your foot... so technically, your foot is not clipped to the pedal. :D

Just imagine the pedal design that actually clips your barefoot to it.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, history is only useful for the intelligent.

Like if you were smart, you might understand that for decades, the only real pedal option was toe clips and straps.

So when Look developed the first workable road pedal that used a cleat retention system, riders didn't call it CRS or "Cleat Retention System Pedals". They called it naturally clip-less.

Now, a fool might think, "Well, I just got involved with biking last year, and there is a stupid thing called clipless pedals, which is stupid because no one uses toe clips (except for my buddy, Toeclip Todd)."

Tell you want, why don't you put your brain power into thinking of a new name for clipless pedals, like "Pedals for dorks who can't ride flats", and possibly RM can popularize the new name.

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
while going fast is cool (toe clips, flat pedals), going even faster (clipped in) that's just a stupid trend.