Quantcast

World Cup #1 - South Africa

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Riffle is on the Chumba WC team? i didnt even know they had a WC team anymore

edit: nm, just saw dirtmag's little blurb on Duncan Riffle Racing...a trade team

Last edited:

Cabdoctor

Monkey
Mar 25, 2008
Sacramento
What's up with every team dry humping houndstooth? Royal had it last year and this year and now Trek as well a few other teams that the names escape me.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Wonder how much kit Apline Star sells to paying customers (downhillers).......?..

That stuff is ugly.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Pssh...

I KNOW - right?

For racing this season, I'm gonna wear my Cop Uniform that I wore at Eurobike last year...

That sh!t is HOT, AND aerodynamic.

Added Bonus: Chicks dig it.

* Before anyone puts out a hit on me - someone tell me where this photo is from so I can properly cite it!
DIRTmag, perhaps?

Last edited:

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
So the full course is crap.
What is it just flat out with a few big jumps and a knarly rock section?
That it?
Would you have still when if you knew what the course was going to be like?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Results:

1st Kovaric
2nd Neethling
3rd Beaumont
4th Leov

Chicks:
1st Mosely
2nd Claire
3rd Fionn

Nice work!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Trek with a 2nd, 4th and a win in the girls!
That Martin I tell ya!

Rad for Claire too!

And hearing it's a crap course is not cool....so this track and then everyone heads to the otter for another one ;)

dondon

Monkey
It's the only rock section on the course, which looks like a longer version of sea otter. There is about 3 corners on the entire thing. LAME. Lots of travel for a crappy course.
Riders seem to prefer it to the Worlds Track this year, and thats further to travel to. But yes, just like Canberra this is not SA's best city to visit nor best track to race on. But if you actually walked the track during todays racing instead of sitting in the car by the finish line all day you would see that this is no sea otter :-)

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Riders seem to prefer it to the Worlds Track this year, and thats further to travel to. But yes, just like Canberra this is not SA's best city to visit nor best track to race on. But if you actually walked the track during todays racing instead of sitting in the car by the finish line all day you would see that this is no sea otter :-)
maybe he was all cracked out on energy drinks.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
But if you actually walked the track during todays racing instead of sitting in the car by the finish line all day you would see that this is no sea otter :-)
Haha! Called out! :busted:

I look forward to seeing pics from both of you!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Yes...

...and it's bloody cool to have guys like Craig, Fraser, Gary & Sven on here.

Last edited:

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
sven, you of all people should know by now that fraser is not happy at a race unless he can find something (everything) to complain about.

so it might not be an epic track, but it is the world cup opener and everyone's pretty fired up to get the season started.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Wow, Kovarik on top. Awesome.

Surprised not to see Peat, Minnaar, or Hill up there?