Quantcast

women in combat

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Resistance is futile!

Futile? How about wholeheartedly discouraged. Packs of hormone frenzied teens would fight the insurgents to keep that occupying force on the streets.

If the military was smart the Recruiting offices would be filled with female recruiters who look EXACTLY like that. They could probably get a $20 cover charge too.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
So, what do you all think about transsexuals in the military? I mean, Michelle Dumaresq can race women's downhill...

If some chickie gets her naughty bits sewn up and a ding-dong attached, can she hang out in the foxhole with the boys? Even if she's not quite as hairy?

:monkeydance:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
If the military was smart the Recruiting offices would be filled with female recruiters who look EXACTLY like that. They could probably get a $20 cover charge too.
Back on a base where I was stationed, the guy who basically worked as the camp superintendant forwarded all kinds of administrative crap via email every week.

One Monday, a friend of his sent him a naval message, formatted and everything, about new women's uniform regulations. Unfortunately, he didn't read it and didn't realize it was a (very un-funny) joke...it was all about how women were now authorized to wear thigh-high boots and carry riding crops, and how "female officers so attired may now be addressed as 'mistress' vice 'ma'am.'

He sent it to like 500 people, mostly high-ranking, many female, without knowing what it actually said.

I was very offended by the fact that it wasn't really funny. I'm kind of an anti-dentite that way. The fact that the guy sent it out, though, was hysterical.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Back on a base where I was stationed, the guy who basically worked as the camp superintendant forwarded all kinds of administrative crap via email every week.

One Monday, a friend of his sent him a naval message, formatted and everything, about new women's uniform regulations. Unfortunately, he didn't read it and didn't realize it was a (very un-funny) joke...it was all about how women were now authorized to wear thigh-high boots and carry riding crops, and how "female officers so attired may now be addressed as 'mistress' vice 'ma'am.'

He sent it to like 500 people, mostly high-ranking, many female, without knowing what it actually said.

I was very offended by the fact that it wasn't really funny. I'm kind of an anti-dentite that way. The fact that the guy sent it out, though, was hysterical.
Heh...e-mail at it's finest. A time where "Reply All" wasn't the culprit, but "Forward" (w/o reading) = Hilarity. Good times...good times.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
We had distribution lists where I used to work, but when I first started there, they weren't very well marked (e.g. no prefix or anything, it was just lumped in with the people whose last names started with E - "Entire Site").

About two weeks after I started a guy in the art department forwarded along one of those body painting emails that was kicking around for a while... Nude women painted to match the surface they were standing in front of. I didn't think much of it until I heard gasps around my department, went back to check the email and noticed it was addressed to, among other recipients, "Entire Site."

I.T. very quickly changed the distribution list name and the person in question shortly was forced to find employment elsewhere.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We had distribution lists where I used to work, but when I first started there, they weren't very well marked (e.g. no prefix or anything, it was just lumped in with the people whose last names started with E - "Entire Site").

About two weeks after I started a guy in the art department forwarded along one of those body painting emails that was kicking around for a while... Nude women painted to match the surface they were standing in front of. I didn't think much of it until I heard gasps around my department, went back to check the email and noticed it was addressed to, among other recipients, "Entire Site."

I.T. very quickly changed the distribution list name and the person in question shortly was forced to find employment elsewhere.

10 or so years ago there was a new hire around here that sent a non offensive, but very large dumbass image to all employees, all 400,000 employees of the corporation.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
4 years ago almost to the day, someone forwarded the current payroll information (current salary, previous year bonus, potential current year bonus, last 2 merit increases, last 2 inflation increases, vacation days and car allowance) for employee's with last names A-G to the entire company.

Oh what a glorious time that was.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Bwahahaha... That's beautiful. I bet there were a lot of extremely pissed off people when they found out what they were making in relation to the rest of the company.

Our financial director kept a directory with her name on it on the public network drive with her reviews & her direct reports. I used to poke through those. Her boss didn't like her much :busted:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
4 years ago almost to the day, someone forwarded the current payroll information (current salary, previous year bonus, potential current year bonus, last 2 merit increases, last 2 inflation increases, vacation days and car allowance) for employee's with last names A-G to the entire company.

Oh what a glorious time that was.
My wife works for a company where the head HR guy keeps his door open and talks really loud (oh the stories!!). Apparently, when they were looking for her new boss, she got to find out that they were offering the guy 100K more than she makes. And he has less experience, is just as old, and would be doing the exact same thing as she's doing now. That was a good day.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I googled my name years ago and found a document on from my alma mater's website that contained the name and personal info of all my classmates including SS#. I saved it for a rainy day purposes and informed the college of their problem. In a moment of good intentioned weakness I deleted the file a while ago.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Our financial director kept a directory with her name on it on the public network drive with her reviews & her direct reports. I used to poke through those. Her boss didn't like her much :busted:
It's this kind of piggish, misogynist partiarchy that's standing in the way of my woman taking it easy on me tonight and me perhaps being able to walk tomorrow.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
It's this kind of piggish, misogynist partiarchy that's standing in the way of my woman taking it easy on me tonight and me perhaps being able to walk tomorrow.
Just do what I do. Call in and leave the following message: "You know that commercial that tells you to call a doctor after a 4 hour erection? Well...I'm going on hour 6. Don't count on me to show up today."

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I like how the Google ads that appear at the bottom are Heidi Klum Bikini Shoot and Sexy Photos of Tyra Banks :rofl:

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
I say we have an all women army then. There are more of them right? Then I don't have to worry about a draft. Done and Done.

sorry if this was already posted I got bored at the end of page two.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
We were just cuddling, says sergeant 'in lesbian clinch'
Sergeant Louise Ashman and Lance Bombardier Kerry Fletcher are said to have kept the rendezvous after one sent the other a text message saying: "I feel randy."

But yesterday Miss Ashman insisted she was only comforting her colleague who had been upset by the unwanted attentions of a male sergeant.

"We were in her horse's stable and I was comforting her with a cuddle when Gunner Ashley Yates appeared with his wheelbarrow," she said.

"We both turned to look at him and he smiled at us and carried on his way.

"When he saw us I did not have my hand inside Kerry's trousers and we were not kissing. I was cuddling a friend who was crying.

"I cannot understand why he is saying these things.

"I would not allow myself to get into such a position at work, as Yates is claiming, because I cherish my career too much and would not want to jeopardise my chances of progressing."

Both women claim they were pestered for sex by a male sergeant at their Army base in Topcliffe near Thirsk in North Yorkshire.

Miss Ashman said he had sent her and Miss Fletcher explicit text messages proposing sex.

She was serving as a clerk with the 40 Regiment Royal Artillery from November 2004 until April 2005, when she was posted to Iraq.

She struck up a friendship with Miss Fletcher at a corporals' mess function where they were the only women.

Miss Ashman told the hearing in Leeds: "A few days later Kerry invited me to her room for a coffee and I then realised that she was gay as she had photos of herself and her partner Pam [Begbie] on her wall. I am also gay so we had something in common."

She said she was invited over to the stables for coffee several times and was introduced to Miss Fletcher's sergeant, who came across as a womaniser.

"He seemed to be interested in any new girls that were posted to the regiment," said Miss Ashman.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
"We were in her horse's stable and I was comforting her with a cuddle when Gunner Ashley Yates appeared with his wheelbarrow,"
Cue cheezy base heavy music.

"did anyone order a wheelbarrow?"