Quantcast

Winter bike overhaul pics

Oct 9, 2006
Isn't there something on the market for adapting non disc brake bikes to disc brakes that is very similar to the floating disc setups but for bikes without the mounting point for a floater but mounts using the v-brake post.

similar to this....

or this one...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
yup, that's it....mikedsx is working on machining one for me. danscomp has a bmx 20" adapter but i could never get much info on it and i'm scared to waste my money. i'll have to look it up again.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
thought i'd add some action shots of the new setup from this weekend.

regency dj's

and i built him a dj at the house. after a few tries the kiddie picnic table came out :D

new manitou minute fork is on the way as his highly modified xvert is actually too plush for him now. it keeps bottoming on the face of the takeoff. a few mods to the minute and he'll be in business

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
noah has needed a new fork for a while as the old one is a little too plush and bottoms on the face of dj's. dump was selling his old manitou minute for dirt cheap because the disc brake mounts were stripped but the fork was in pristine condition.
so after about 5 hours of spring cutting, oil changing and just general manimalizing, he now has a 95mm, not too heavy, adjustable fork. he hit up the dj at the house today to test it out and he really likes it. i'm still fine tuning it and i might come up with a different spring combination to stiffen up a tad more but so far, it's better than the old one.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
that's a sweet rig....for when he's about 12 ;) he can't even touch the ground w/ his feet on a 24 yet. he's just now fitting his 20" properly so i'll keep him on that for a while. mikedsx is working on machining a disc adapter for the rear of his current frame :thumb:
i can hardly reach the ground on my faith, i know the feeling lol

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
we got to do a full test on the new fork today. i tweaked it a little more last night, added some pieces of stiffer springs to try and make it more progressive...and it worked :D it's still fairly plush for his weight but ramps up a lot past the half way mark and doesn't bottom out on the lips of jumps anymore and it also doesn't bounce when he pedals like the old one did. i put in just a few pumps of air in the spv chamber for dj's and if i let all of the air out it's super plush for DH. i'm so stoked and i found that i really enjoy customizing forks.

anyway, he's getting a lot more boost off of the bigger jumps now as evidenced by his little tweakage here :thumb:

Aug 6, 2007
amish country
That kid is unbelievable.

My little cousin rides...not that good...but my uncle got him a unicycle and the little guy rides it no problem. It upped his soccer game tremendously.

You have given me hope that a little kid will skip barney and dora for The Collective and Earthed movies. :clapping:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
we did a cold ride today to see if he can handle the frigidness of the upcoming night DH race at fontana, nc. it was about 22 degrees and he handled it just fine as long as we kept moving.
i thought i'd post it here as it pertains to the overhaul pics....i put on a sweet gold hbar that mikedsx donated. it's literally half the weight of the old steel bar and looks hella pimp too boot. i also cut down some OURY grips i had laying around and slapped them on.

a little stair huckage

eroded curb drop to tranny

flying through a fun little section on the way back to the car. i think he was testing his jedi skills by closing his eyes. check the gold bar :thumb:

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
I know if I close my eyes I'm doomed,he obviously has the jedi in him!!

im doomed most of the time with my eyes open!! this kids amazing!! way to go getting him on the bike early. someday when i have kids (that is if i dnt hit the top tube too much:busted:) theyre gonna be jumping bikes before they can walk

nwd_26

Monkey
Nov 29, 2007
Toronto, Onterrible
where the hell were you when i was growing up? damn!

bikes are all looking good, and its nice to see a young kid ripping it up who isn't another woodward robot.

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
thats some Seriously salacious super shreddage by Nasty Noah himself! I'm gonna have to go hit up CP and Salem lake sometime soon cause I just got a DMR Sidekick built up!

nobrake

Chimp
Jan 28, 2008
you and noah inspired me to get rid my son's targets 40 pound bike.
bought a used hotrock .
my son goes out with me everynight to ride after work. he loves his new red bike.
i am sure i am one of the many fathers here who got inspired.
thanks!
btw. how do u post pic here?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
cool, the right bike makes all the difference. as far as posting pics; i have a photobucket account. it's free and very simple. once you have an account and upload your pics, just click the "img" block and then paste it in your post.