Quantcast

@@@ Windstorm Friderp@@@

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
holy hell we had winds up to 50 mph last night . the noise was insane. still blowing like mad but not like it was. I actually have to wear pants a a windbreaker soft shell this morning to stay warm

BBQ Steaks tonight WOOT

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Feeling like a normal human being again for the first time all week. Throat is still ravaged, so I still sound like a 13y/o, but otherwise normal. So, back to work.

Solar panels are going on today, but not powering up for like 1.5 months due to permitting.

Edit: sound like. Not would like. Dat's nasty.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey man! 2800 yard swim done. I got home late from work last night but climbed onto the kickr for a rather grueling one hour spin. I'm feeling that a little this morning.

I'm wearing the same shirt and pants to work that I wore yesterday. Different location, building and people, so why the hell not. Figured it was just easy to just pack it right into my gym bag last night after changing. Different boxers and socks tho. :monkey:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
present. taking kiddo to dive practice so wife can go to yoga. it's her bday plus she has to go to hotlanta for a conference tomorrow so i also made her coffee and pancakes. need to squeeze in a bike ride sometime this weekend.

i, too, am wearing fresh boxers. no socks though because eff that. flip flops are appropriate summer work footwear, dammit.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Weekend incoming, which means I trade my desk job for my hard labor job. At least there's an end in sight for tiling, right?

I still would like a 13y/o
:think:. I'm not even sure what that's supposed to read.

Also, not being able to turn your panels for 1.5 months due to permitting is bullshit. I've read entirely too many stories of people getting delayed MONTHS for silly shit like that, despite being out money for the install.

Weekend incoming, which means I trade my desk job for my hard labor job. At least there's an end in sight for tiling, right?

:think:. I'm not even sure what that's supposed to read.

Also, not being able to turn your panels for 1.5 months due to permitting is bullshit. I've read entirely too many stories of people getting delayed MONTHS for silly shit like that, despite being out money for the install.
Permits about don't exist here. I turned my panels on as the installer van drove away.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
blergh. feeling sick. not as exhausted as last night, but clear head cold territory. A week ago I was wondering why my training was coming off the rails...well here we are.

Sadly I need to head to home depot to get a cable to fix our garage door that broke last night. I have an N95 that I will wear and stick to self checkouts. Maybe I can order online and pickup so I don't have to be near anybody.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Vacation time is upon us. 4 days off and doing as little as possible. I won't have a 5 day work week for like a month, score.

Do yours feed power back into the grid? That was seemingly the commonpoint amongst all of the stories. The utility companies kept dragging their feet.
It feeds directly into the grid. Remember, this is Vermont.

In the early 1980s Hilarie and I rewired our entire house with a 200 Ampere entrance panel. When I asked Green Mountain Power to switch from the old box to the new the line person who came to do the work apologetically asked if he could come into the basement and look at my installation. He looked for about a minute and happily switched us over (an Electrician at work had been good enough to teach me code and technique before and as we did the work).

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It feeds directly into the grid. Remember, this is Vermont.

In the early 1980s Hilarie and I rewired our entire house with a 200 Ampere entrance panel. When I asked Green Mountain Power to switch from the old box to the new the line person who came to do the work apologetically asked if he could come into the basement and look at my installation. He looked for about a minute and happily switched us over (an Electrician at work had been good enough to teach me code and technique before and as we did the work).
Didn't know if you had battery storage for any excess.

Want to refresh your skills? We need everything from the weatherhead down redone. Electricians wanted $6K for it. :brows:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Jagged a solid 6hrs sleep last night, that's great until the next night when you aren't tired at all.

Was glad it was a four day week, one morning I managed to crack my phone screen within five minutes of waking up, I took pyjamas and bed socks to get changed in to after work instead of clothes and on another morning I managed to hit the spoon in my Granola with a throw pillow and catapult Granola and milk all over the carpet, yay!
The amount of stuff I fuck up when my sleep is crap is amazing.

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Morning folks..."teleworking" today, thankyouverymuch! Taking the daughter for a run to watch her run away from me in the first 1/4, to find her back at the car on her phone when I came puffing and huffing along...

In other news, got an email that my shipment of my stuff (To include bikes...) has been scheduled. It hasnt left Belgium, but it has been scheduled. 2.5 weeks at sea to land on the east coast and wait for a truck...with a little luck I will have it by St. Pattys Day...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
what permit??
Douglas County inspection. Apparently the county only has one person inspecting solar installs (wtf?!) and he's backlogged over a month. They hate anything that's not GQP policy line though, so no way they're hiring more people.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Le work.

@slyfink you getting a new fancy frame from Transition, like @Jozz ?

no. they still have seatstays available to purchase. but I'm ok with that because I don't have the cash on hand at the moment to get a new frame. And I'm not sure there's any of their frames I'm really interested in... the Sentinel would be the closest to what I want, but it's 29" and I want to stick to 650b. And the Scout is 10mm less travel than I'd like (plus, I'm not sure my shock would fit, and the rear wheel spacing has been "boosted", which means a new hub and possibly new crank and chainring. wait, is this the "what's wrong with the industry" thread?!) :butcher:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
no. they still have seatstays available to purchase. but I'm ok with that because I don't have the cash on hand at the moment to get a new frame. And I'm not sure there's any of their frames I'm really interested in... the Sentinel would be the closest to what I want, but it's 29" and I want to stick to 650b. And the Scout is 10mm less travel than I'd like (plus, I'm not sure my shock would fit, and the rear wheel spacing has been "boosted", which means a new hub and possibly new crank and chainring. wait, is this the "what's wrong with the industry" thread?!) :butcher:
Ah true and yeah that'd be a lot of changes. At least they have seatstays for you, which should be pretty quick and easy to swap out...rather than redoing the entire bike.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
no socks though because eff that. flip flops are appropriate summer work footwear, dammit
Appropriately enough, I totally shuffled out of the house wearing slip on sandals today. Whoops. At least I have my Darn Tough socks on under them.

The Joint Commission will just have to suck it if they happen to stop by this hospital today.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Went for a ride in Ute Valley yesterday. Augured in pretty bad in one of the rock gardens. I feel awful this morning. Elbow, wrist, ankle, neck and back are all pretty sore. It's hell, getting old.

Morning folks..."teleworking" today, thankyouverymuch! Taking the daughter for a run to watch her run away from me in the first 1/4, to find her back at the car on her phone when I came puffing and huffing along...

In other news, got an email that my shipment of my stuff (To include bikes...) has been scheduled. It hasnt left Belgium, but it has been scheduled. 2.5 weeks at sea to land on the east coast and wait for a truck...with a little luck I will have it by St. Pattys Day...
You want a loaner in the meantime?

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Woohooooo!!!!

Weather is about to hit so I decided to have lunch and a beer until the rain starts. My wife sprung an early 50th birthday present on me. A season pass to Beech which also gets you a few days at Snowshoe and Bogus Basin (doubt I’ll make it there though).

MY. WIFE. RULES.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Wife told me to shave the beard I've let go for the past 6 months. Hope she enjoys a pretty metal goatee for a bit. Then it's gonna be a fu Manchu.

She asks, she shall receive!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Wife told me to shave the beard I've let go for the past 6 months. Hope she enjoys a pretty metal goatee for a bit. Then it's gonna be a fu Manchu.

She asks, she shall receive!
yea I'm going to need you to produce evidence of a proper John Waters / Errol Flynn-esque pencil moustache during this important transition. Kthx.