Quantcast

Windrock in NWD 7

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
Right you are. I added it to it and changed the link. Its all there now.
np. When I first watched the movie, I thought it was the road gap but the angle they shot him threw me off. Because of the other footage in between the upper/lower waterfall section. :clue:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
That was the whole reason they used the Nomad. He wanted the trail to look really rough. He wasn't going as fast as you might think. He could have gone a lot faster on a DH bike, but they told me that big bikes hide too much of the trail. So like the shot of him coming out of the water fall looks burly because it was almost too much for the Nomad, not neccessarily because he was going fast. Not knocking his skill (cuz you know he's got it), but I was suprised how not-fast he was going.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
That is awesome! Seeing him boost off the rock in the upper section is sick - compared to how I just kind of pop over it :disgust:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Doug

Did he just session that section of trail all day or did they ride more of the trails. I always though that if someone with a really good camera filmed from where you drop into the first road crossing to the step up jump, it would look pretty cool. Obviuosly, it would need to be cut a couple of times since you can't see the step down and gap from the clearing just before the rock garden into the second road crossing.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
thanks jeff.

i'm not sure if i want us to be famous or not.
what the folks outside of the south don't know about would blow their little minds.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Doug

Did he just session that section of trail all day or did they ride more of the trails.
It was almost the most painful riding I've done. It was so slow, lacked flow, and boring. It took him all day to get to the road gap via trail 1.

Filming for those movies isn't about riding. It is about light and angles. It killed me to not hit sections at full speed, but we always just rolled in and were at about 1/2 speed by the time we went in front of the camera.

Plus the camera man was sooo Canadian and not much of an outdoorsman. It was really freaked about ticks. :brow:

Jun 11, 2004
That is awesome! Seeing him boost off the rock in the upper section is sick - compared to how I just kind of pop over it :disgust:

I was thinking the same exact thing..............

But after watching the clip........makes that rock seem much more "boostable" now.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
I was thinking the same exact thing..............

But after watching the clip........makes that rock seem much more "boostable" now.

big difference between watching a video and setting up to do the same as you're negotiating the knife edge line through the rocks leading up to it. :)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
It was almost the most painful riding I've done. It was so slow, lacked flow, and boring. It took him all day to get to the road gap via trail 1.

Filming for those movies isn't about riding. It is about light and angles. It killed me to not hit sections at full speed, but we always just rolled in and were at about 1/2 speed by the time we went in front of the camera.

Plus the camera man was sooo Canadian and not much of an outdoorsman. It was really freaked about ticks. :brow:
Funny you mention that aspect of filming since I just read the article in the latest Decline on Schley and him saying the same thing. He said "8 pedal strokes and push back up".

As for the cameraman...you didn't mention the words "poison ivy" to him did you? I've ridden Windrock all day and not even fall once, covered head to toe in body armor....get home and be tagged with that stuff! :rant:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
ya also gotta like how he came into the waterfall and almost overshot the turn, riding up on the edge of the l.s."v"rock.
and still rippin out the exit.

like i'm always sayin.
"stay off the brakes."