Quantcast

Windrock Carnage

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Old stuff there. What is the steep section everybody's sliding on - I wanna say Dark Hollow but I didn't know it ever had any dirt on it.

First time I've ever seen anybody stack a road crossing.

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
Old stuff there. What is the steep section everybody's sliding on - I wanna say Dark Hollow but I didn't know it ever had any dirt on it.

First time I've ever seen anybody stack a road crossing.
It was a trail that was built for that race pretty much. I don't think any one rode it after that at all. It wasn't dark hollow, but it did run parallel with dark hollow. Out of the race, only two people successfully made it down. Well, three, thats if you count Doug's tri-tripodding :busted:

The one who wrecked at the end on the first road crossing was a girl. She bounced right back up and kept going.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Awesome. I was the only one you got to see coming into that section. Looked fine until you hit that damn rock on the right. I didn't see anybody who could dodge it. I just had to saddle straddle and keep on going. Do I get points for my Ron Jeremy like banger of the bike?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I actually crashed up high enough that I was able to get back on my bike in a tripod fashion. So I really didn't make it down.

But that is some good stuff right there.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
note to self: don't ride windrock in the mud.

don't worry.
i don't allow it.
i've seen what riding muddy trails has done to places like snowshoe and others.

that was a b.s. trail hastily cut in for that race, so as to keep what used to be an outstanding steep rockgarden right next to it from getting destroyed.

it was never ridden again and time and mother nature scoured the old rockgarden into unridable shape.
shame too.
rippin the old darkhollow rockgarden at speed was one of the best runs we've ever had up here.

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
Oh man watching Jason crash over that sapling is hilarious. He was so dazed he could hardly walk straight.
Look closely in the vid frame by frame, and you can see his rear tire come come out of the drop outs right before he wrecks. :shocked:
It took him a good 5min to get it back on. I remember that incident well. I was standing right there.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
ha.
that was back when he was on a REAL bike.

man i miss that trail.
maybe one day..........

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Does anyone have any footage of me stacking it up on the old triple at Big Foot? I think it was the same weekend. Boy I got knocked the F out!!!! I remember everyone asking me if I was alright when I got my helmet off. “I was like yah, but I have a broken wrist…..” Someone was like can I help you down the hill? You look bad man!!! “Nah, I got it.”:imstupid: I walked very slow to the bottom of the hill and started asking myself how I got there? I was Fed up bad……:disgust1:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Oh man that is awesome! What else you got?
Now I know why they call those bikes a Yeti...it reminded me alot of this.

Personally, I think it's a conspiracy and the real Ben was sitting back at the truck kicking BACK PBR's. That was a gorilla dressed up in body armor to slightly resemble Ben and stuck on the bike to trick the eye! Hardly confirmation that Ben was even there that day....let alone racing.:monkey: :monkey: