Quantcast

Widest 26" DH Tire?

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Good find. That'll be my lighter option but maybe too minimlist on the knobs. I just found the Duro Razorback 26x3.0 and from what little info is available it's marketed as a full on DH tire and popular on the Stealth brand e-dirtbikes. I wish I could find a weight to get an idea of burliness but I think this is what I'm looking for.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good find. That'll be my lighter option but maybe too minimlist on the knobs. I just found the Duro Razorback 26x3.0 and from what little info is available it's marketed as a full on DH tire and popular on the Stealth brand e-dirtbikes. I wish I could find a weight to get an idea of burliness but I think this is what I'm looking for.
:rofl:

Edit: check your pm's

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
choose whatever tyre you want and get another worn out tyre, cut the beads off and double bag it.
this was the only way we could run strong enough mud tyres for DHing BITD.
it's actually an old BMX tyre bodge.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
re: arrow vs duro.
????

Am I missing something?

Arrow Racing tires were a thing that perhaps people remember because downhill. They were rebranded Duros which have been a thing in unicycling and apparently is still a thing which one could buy.

Anyway, surprised that one can still get these Duro tires. Last I heard/saw of them was when some people that rode/raced platty were using them some time ago.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Arrow Racing tires were a thing that perhaps people remember because downhill. They were rebranded Duros which have been a thing in unicycling and apparently is still a thing which one could buy.
They weren't rebadged, Duro was contract manufacturing the tires for Arrow.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
The 2.6 Magic Mary comes in DH casing. I think a Cush Core in there could help.
How's the single speed working out on steep climbs? Do you ever overheat the motor and need to let it cool off?

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
The 2.6 Magic Mary comes in DH casing. I think a Cush Core in there could help.
How's the single speed working out on steep climbs? Do you ever overheat the motor and need to let it cool off?
With stock gearing it's handled all the steepest climbs around my house in Hawaii. I'm gonna get a slightly lower geared sprocket as people say it increases torque without lowering top speed more than 1 or 2 mph. It doesn't seem to get beyond warm and I haven't noticed it cutting power to save the motor from heat.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
With stock gearing it's handled all the steepest climbs around my house in Hawaii. I'm gonna get a slightly lower geared sprocket as people say it increases torque without lowering top speed more than 1 or 2 mph. It doesn't seem to get beyond warm and I haven't noticed it cutting power to save the motor from heat.
Do you know my friend mike walker?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
maybe i'm missing something, but doesn't that mean they were rebranded Duro tires?

i mean, we all know the old haro bikes made by intense are still intense bikes regardless of what the sticker on it says..
no. it depends on who owns the IP (designs). kinda like how Giant makes bikes for Trek / Specialized. Doesn't make them re-badged Giants.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
the dirt wizards are nice tires but be aware that they aren't really DH tires, and the last surly branded steel tires I had were pure shit. Heavy, low traction shit, so even though the tread pattern looks money, I'd be aware that they are for MTBR-ers and not ridemonkey elitists.

Are there any E-mtb tires that fit the bill? I would think something like that would be perfect. Unless they have all abandoned 26....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Michelin Comp32. It's 26 x 2.8. You'd have to look in classified ads for a good set.

I might have an old pair in the tire pile
Not all of these were actually 2.8. the version I have is only 2.5 despite being marked 2.8. there was a thread on here many years ago on this subject but I can't seem to find it.