Quantcast

Why the lack of Cannondales??

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
why do people think bad about cannondale, I mean I never see any Judges at DH races AT ALL, so why? Cannondale makes really good bikes and the Judge is a good suspension design and can be built up to a sup 40lb rig, I was at snowshoe for a week and never saw one Judge

If I had had money a cannondale would be a top choice

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/07/CE/large/7wvcdh_rep.jpg
I mean come on it is a awesome looking bike, so why?

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
For whatever reason if someone is going to spend a lot of money for a high end frame they'll choose a botique brand like Yeti, Intense, Foes, Turner, etc, over a market share, mass produced, brand like Cannondale, Trek or Giant. The IH Sundays would be the biggest exception and the Specialized Demos another. How many Giant or Trek bikes did you see this weekend?

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
As far as trek goes really none, maybe a few here and there like a session 10, I saw one Glory DH and thats it

thanks for answering my question I was afraid that this thread was going to get some hatetrem but thanks guys

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
price only people i know riding the judge are shop mechanics, a kid who bought the shop mechanics old judge, george ryan, aaron chase (when he can ride) some dude who bought chases old judge, and whatshisface from the cut who rides really fast but yeah he has one too.

mfzbike

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Precious painville
doesn't matter..
i work at a shop.....and the only down fall with c'dales are price.
unless we get a customer that insists on buying US made...

its just tough to give price breaks on them cause wholesale is so high.

awesome bikes though and even better company to deal with...
i actually was considering one last year.

Feb 7, 2007
after riding a judge dh replica for a year i am through with cannondale. the play that always comes back time and time again is not worth it. i was told before i got it not to get the judge but i didn't listen since i was happy with my gemini but i can say now that the swingarm is 2 inches to long. for northeast riding that is way to long. as far as getting parts from cannondale this season. GOOD LUCK. it took 2 months to get a bolt for my linage plus other comon stuff.

i just switched to a commencal surpreme dh and i will not look back.

as far as mount snow my buddy raced his judge and at any creek race you can find at least 6-7 judges and a handfull of gemini's.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
Agreed. Even as a shop employee its not worth it for me to buy a judge.
I used to work in a 'Dale/Specialized dealer and I agree. SXT1 and Perp2 were similar in price, but the Perp came equipped with a poop fork/shock/cranks.

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
it took 2 months to get a bolt for my linage plus other comon stuff.

i just switched to a commencal surpreme dh and i will not look back.
Hmm, maybe you mispelled linkage and it took them 2 months to figure out what you were trying to order? :busted:
J/k, it's too bad they screwed up the Judge, I love my gemini.
And how long did it take you to get a Commencal? I heard they were having trouble getting their bikes into the states...

Feb 7, 2007
from the time it was ordered to the time it got in the states was a few weeks. as of now the only place you can get them is from a shop in maryland.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I have a feeling Cannondale has sort of died because they lost Cedric Gracia.

Anyone else remember when Cedric was shredding on a Gemini and tons of people wanted them (myself included)? Now its like they never exsisted, and Commencal has become a new company (although its not that new) that people want to ride...sorta.

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
yeah cedric was the biggest thing to happen to cannondale and now that he is gone cannondale has gone down the drain, my self included to that I wanted a gemini. and now that cedric rides for commencal every one is talking about there bikes, now dont get me wrong they do make really good bikes, I personally love the supreme DH, light fast and nimble, and now Animal commencal has become really big and that is helping commencal that much more

why did cedric stop riding for cannondale?

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
yeah cedric was the biggest thing to happen to cannondale and now that he is gone cannondale has gone down the drain, my self included to that I wanted a gemini. and now that cedric rides for commencal every one is talking about there bikes, now dont get me wrong they do make really good bikes, I personally love the supreme DH, light fast and nimble, and now Animal commencal has become really big and that is helping commencal that much more

why did cedric stop riding for cannondale?
Exactly my thoughts...it seemed like when Cedric left, even with the new judge out...people turned around and went for Commencal.

And I heard a rumor he left because they got in a fight and had some disagreements, must have been a big one if thats true though...because the judge WAS going to be the "Gracia".

Stupid move on Cannondales part to let him go.

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
cannondales hype has defintle gone away that is for sure, but they dont care they bring in so much money from there road biking scene and I think cedric is so happy at commencal

if that is true then that was a horrible move on cannodale, that was pretty much there life line

A.P.B

Chimp
Jan 6, 2006
I picked up my Judge fr 2 for 2500 + tax out the door . Not a bad price for the specs. When I was in Angel fire seen some Dh Gemini and anther Judge that was it. I took my Judge over to cannadale van to have the guy take a look at the play in the linkage he gave me
a linkage kit at no charge and that fixed the problem. I don't think they are pushing the Dh and free ride stuff to hard at all making money on different area of the bike market. Still a good bike for the price

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Same reason you won't find surfers wearing Body Glove wetsuits....

Moto guys wearing No Fear...

etc., etc.
Yeah...my buddies over there have such a hard time cashing their paycheck every week. Especially now that they have completely sold out of all of their 2007 stock. Wait til they hear....hah hah.:busted:

This thread is the best ball of cheese ever.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Yeah...my buddies over there have such a hard time cashing their paycheck every week. Especially now that they have completely sold out of all of their 2007 stock. Wait til they hear....hah hah.:busted:
You sure they're not living on royalties from bumper stickers and Wal-Mart t-shirts? ;)

norcalbiker

Chimp
Jul 15, 2007
Too many groms and wannabe racer boys base their purcahases on what the pros are using. Buy what feels right and what works and dont get too involed in the hype about certain suspension designs or fads. Look at all the grom poser freeriders on kona or in canada riding norcos.

DiRt DeViL

Monkey
Feb 6, 2005
CNY
Don't know about the lack but the same is happening in my area, Cdales are becoming extinct and prolly because of the hefty price.

To me the Judge is the next gen of the Gemini.

chinkerjuarez

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Englewood, CO
Cannondale's are great bikes have ridden them for years. The only problem with them is what everyone is talking about price. The only thing is that Cannondale is still handmade in the US, that would explain a lot about price. Even great local companies such as Yeti and Transition bikes have moved much of their operations over seas to Taiwan to save costs and that's why you can get an ASX or a Dirtbag for around a thousand bucks. Cannondale has kept it's promise and keeps it in the US, still hand making their frames and making those stealth welds.