Quantcast

white Outlaws

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I'm considering some of those, too. It looks like bti recently added them but no availability yet. You liked your other ones enough to get some more?

toby

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
I like how they were crappy rims until somebody painted them white....
Everyone I know loves the rims. Even the clydesdales have had good luck with them, and some of the guys I know go pretty big w/o issues.

The hubs on the other hand aren't the best, but what do you expect for a nicely priced set of wheels that can take a lot of abuse.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
my bad, i thought they were crap.

i just really wanted to bash the white wearing, KKK supporting, perfectly clean, dh princesses. :D

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
Rims are from Alex, right (Supra D)? Anyone know the manufacturer of the hubs? Formula? JT? I'm a little concerned with some of the issues with the pawls.

Also, DH1 or DH2 Maxxis strip with these?

toby

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Rims are from Alex, right (Supra D)? Anyone know the manufacturer of the hubs? Formula? JT? I'm a little concerned with some of the issues with the pawls.

Also, DH1 or DH2 Maxxis strip with these?

toby
I use the DH2 with my Outlaws to setup my Michelins Tubeless. No Stans, just a little soapy water on the rim strip and tires so they sit in right. No problems at all. I do lose about 5psi a week when the bike is sitting around.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
my bad, i thought they were crap.

i just really wanted to bash the white wearing, KKK supporting, perfectly clean, dh princesses. :D
Yeah, I wasn't knockin' ya. I just wanted to point out that it actually is a pretty good rim (rebadged Alex Ds).

I'm with you on the white, but I guess after all is said and done it's no different than having the yellow Deemax, or camo MTX's. It's all about the bling.:biggrin:

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Gotta rock the white. I smashed up the rear pretty harshly and had to throw a black rim on in the meantime...looks like crap. My only choice other than white would be yellow, like Berrecloth ran in his signature invitational(same bike)...

Was looking into the white outlaws pretty seriously(my supplier owes ME some money, was gonna take these as payment), but if the rims are just Alex rims and the hubs are Formulas, and I have a pair of gold Hadleys on the bike right now...I think I may just go with some custom powdercoated 729s or 6.1ds?