Quantcast

What garbage are you buying this Friday?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
seriously! their stuff is crap these days.

i have to admit, i've ponied up for 2 pairs of patagonia jeans now. they are both 2 years old, and look almost brand new, and that's included wearing them weekly. (i did buy both pairs at nearly 50% off though). the quality is really good.
Really I have had good luck with mine and at around 30 dollars on sale its difficult to do much cheaper. I have a pair of black that it took me 8 years to kill. Plus they fit skinny tall Euro me. Their commuter line jeans are well actually really good for riding including reflective when you fold up.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I will have to look into patagonia. I had a pair of jeans from structure (yeah that old) that I used as my cut the lawn, chop wood, etc jeans, they lasted me 15+ years before they wore out.
they retail for $90, but they run closeouts 2-3 times a year on their website and you can get them for around $50.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Really I have had good luck with mine and at around 30 dollars on sale its difficult to do much cheaper. I have a pair of black that it took me 8 years to kill. Plus they fit skinny tall Euro me. Their commuter line jeans are well actually really good for riding including reflective when you fold up.
in the last 10 years or so my levis have worn out the fastest. i have a pair of zoo yorks that are in really good shape despite years of abuse and crashes riding BMX. the only rip was from chain snag, and it hasn't propagated at all. i also have a pair of honoluas that have held up better than my levis. to be fair, i haven't tried the commuter line.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

i have to admit, i've ponied up for 2 pairs of patagonia jeans now. they are both 2 years old, and look almost brand new, and that's included wearing them weekly. (i did buy both pairs at nearly 50% off though). the quality is really good.
Ok, don't get me started on crap jeans. I rocked Levis for years without issue (my carharts are for actual work, though). My lady bought me 8 pairs of Lucky jeans at the Rack fir about $70 a pair :twitch:

Within 3 months, all of them have holes where my keys and phone sit in my front pocket. Maybe a dozen wears. These bitches retail for $120+ and I put holes in them in a few months? My Carharts (while not pretty) are 5 years old and have 2 holes in them. One from battery acid and the other from a grinder. :rofl:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
About the only thing I'm gonna buy is a couple pairs of pants for my son. His ones from last winter are all "Floods" now.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Btw, know who makes some solid jeans? FOX... Ive been rocking a pair for about 3 yrs now and they are in perfect condition.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru

good compared to what?

I use mostly diesel jeans (in the least metrosexual colors i can find). the quality and fit is top notch; I usually get 3-4 years of use from a pair (weekly use).

the problem is finding my size on sale for ~$100 (because no way in hell, am paying $200 for pants).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
good compared to what?

I use mostly diesel jeans (in the least metrosexual colors i can find). the quality and fit is top notch; I usually get 3-4 years of use from a pair (weekly use).

the problem is finding my size on sale for ~$100 (because no way in hell, am paying $200 for pants).
good compared specifically levi's. i've given up on a number of other brands that i can no longer recall because they were just that bad - ie wore out way prematurely.

and i could never justify spending over $100 for a pair of jeans like diesel. i certainly recognize that exchange rates might play a factor in the prices where you are, but they don't seem that far off for what i've heard they go for in the US.

regarding my patagonias - they retail for $90, can be found on sale for ~$55. both pairs are 2 years old and i wear them weekly. not just casually, but hiking, wood chopping, that kind of shit. and they still look practically brand new. they are also organic cotton which is a plus.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Nothing, but only because I can't think of anything that I want or need. I'll be checking out some web sales to see if there is anything I need to buy. I'll be working though.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Nothing. I bought my carbon rims a month ago and American Jesus didn't come to China when Christopher Columbus invented thanksgiving. french fries and pizza. NoBlackFridayForYou.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Nah I got one of those ones you use at the Hotel that flips over. I just need to repair the plug and fix the rubber things on the base.

I don't fuck around when it comes to waffles.....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
and how does one make waffles with that?
It is for the racing volvo, so I will enter races where the prize, for last place, is waffles. That, or use it to drive to the store to buy waffles. The waffle store, on waffle street, down in the waffle district.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It is for the racing volvo, so I will enter races where the prize, for last place, is waffles. That, or use it to drive to the store to buy waffles. The waffle store, on waffle street, down in the waffle district.
I would buy a generator. Go to those races. Bribe the officials with waffles and take away your wins. Go ahead try me. Racing Volvo?? You're kidding me right?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I actually bought something electronic on line. We were in Yosemite and lady collapsed near the top of Vernal Falls. No cell service, so after 4 of us made her comfortable gave her some glucose, Gatoraid, and wrapped her in a space blanket. One other emt and two first responders stayed with her and I took off down canyon to activate SAR. It took me an hour to make it to the road where I got a shuttle bus to radio for help. Took 3 hours for them to reach her. So I bought a 5watt VHF radio with emergency band capability to take with me hiking, biking and kayaking, from now on.