Quantcast

What did you have for Christmas Dinner?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
There's only the 2 of us so a turkey and trimmings is too much work.

We had lobster,shrimp and small sirloin steaks. Being in Butte there is no such thing as good fresh seafood so we make do with frozen.

This year we fried our lobster tails after coating then in corn meal, flour, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper. We cut the tails into shrimp size pieces and fried them a little less time than than you would shrimp. We let them rest for 5 minutes before eating.

The results was awesome - juicy, tasty and gone in about 5 seconds!

What did you have / make for Christmas Dinner?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
4 rib roast, coated in mustard/thyme/tarragon/garlic, slivers of garlic jammed into random holes.
homemade gravy (shallots, thyme, tarragon, red wine, broth, flour)
mashed taters
braised brussell sprouts and bacon
steamed green beans
sauteed red chard w/ garlic
pumpkin cheesecake (the only thing store-bought)

bottle of '07 Cakewood cab, and '06 Stags Leap cab

massive amounts of deliciousness.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
dinner for 3
vertically roasted 12 pound turkey with an herb rub, stuffing, roasted Yukon Gold potato's [in turkey drippings], caramelized green beans, peach pie with vanilla ice cream.
If I remember anything from math class that's 4 lbs each minus skeletal structure and assorted innards equals a lot turkey sandwiches.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
A perfectly Roasted Roast Beef with gravy, carrots, Smashed Potatoes. All in all my sister in-law did an excellent job! It was very good.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
There's only the 2 of us so a turkey and trimmings is too much work.

We had lobster,shrimp and small sirloin steaks. Being in Butte there is no such thing as good fresh seafood so we make do with frozen.

This year we fried our lobster tails after coating then in corn meal, flour, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper. We cut the tails into shrimp size pieces and fried them a little less time than than you would shrimp. We let them rest for 5 minutes before eating.

The results was awesome - juicy, tasty and gone in about 5 seconds!

What did you have / make for Christmas Dinner?
we did lobster too.
on xmas eve i grilled us up a nice bison steak & we had a red wine, wild mushroom sauce with it and mashed potatoes & turnips and beer braised brussles. x-mas night we had lobster tail with vanilla bean beurre blanc, wild mushroom risotto, & cauliflower mash. vino both nights too. :thumb:

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Went to my parent's house, had pork ribs, sweet potato casserole, fresh veggies and homemade chocolate cake for dessert.

Also ate candy in between everything. And got a big box of cookies/desserts from my friend's bakery yesterday. And brought home more cake.

Pretty sure I'm going to need a Rascal soon.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
4 rib roast, coated in mustard/thyme/tarragon/garlic, slivers of garlic jammed into random holes.
homemade gravy (shallots, thyme, tarragon, red wine, broth, flour)
mashed taters
braised brussell sprouts and bacon
steamed green beans
sauteed red chard w/ garlic
pumpkin cheesecake (the only thing store-bought)

bottle of '07 Cakewood cab, and '06 Stags Leap cab

massive amounts of deliciousness.
I did a BBQ prime rib, with my home made rub,
red/white & blue potatoes,
green beans,
persimmon/pomegranate/goat cheese salad.
Poached apples cooked in port wine over vanilla ice cream.

Wines: Beringer, Howell mountain private reserve, Merlot 1999 & 2000

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i'm a heathen....i don't fvck with wine....

must visit this place....300+ variety of whiskey....

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
I made a roast tenderloin w/cornichon sauce. There were roasted root veggies and potatoes from our garden. Our friend Dr. Dover joined us and the 3 of us killed off 4 bottles of champagne during the preparations.