Quantcast

What bar am I describing?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I told you guys ebike stuff is producing some more burly bike part options.

Now we get to make fun of HAB's ebike handlebar!
It's insanely stupid that it took ebikes to get the bike industry to make stuff beefier, but I guess I'll take it over not having that stuff available.

I haven't bought an ebike bar though. Yet.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'd defend myself, but my last post already exceeded my daily quota for saying nice things about ebikes. I physically can't do it.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Wait what bar is that? Do they make an aluminum one? That might actually convince me to go 35mm.
Well it's 6 back 4 up but I rolled it forward a bit, Controltech and K9 had 5deg back sweep bars but K9 is long gone and Controltech only do 9 back now.
Mine is a Candy Ray bar, not cheap but they are made in house in Poland, not a fan of people that farm out Carbon component manufacturing, if shit goes wrong I want to be able to discuss it with the people that made it.
Have had one cracked Chinese made carbon bar, sent the "manufacturer" a pic of the massive voids in the layup and got no reply.
EDIT- Ooops it's 34mm rise, my last bar was 25, sorry.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Just want to update that I put an 8/4 degree bar I had sitting around on my bike and after two rides I still hate it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
urns out Funn makes a 5/2 degree bar... but in 7mm rise only. There's a 15mm one, but it goes to 8/5.5.
hey there's these things called headset spacers that'll move your stem (and thus your handlebar) upwards. they are available in several millimeter increments.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
hey there's these things called headset spacers that'll move your stem (and thus your handlebar) upwards. they are available in several millimeter increments.
It's going on a bike with a dual crown, direct mount stem, and no room to put spacers under the top crown though, so it's not the ideal spacer situation.

I know DM stem spacers are a thing, and I do have some, but for a variety of reasons I'd rather not use them.