Quantcast

~~~ Welps!day GMT~~~

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. The last round of after work social rides is here as it gets dark early. Illegal night riding season is just about to begin.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SerialMidget please take note of an example of a proper GMT title format
  • Three or so non alpha-numeric characters surrounding the title. If not three repeating characters it is nice to reverse the order on the epilogue for symmetry
  • The day: a whimsical analog to the day is acceptable
  • GMT: Self explanatory.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No traffic jam on the way to work this morning, I'm shocked.

Today is the first day in about a week that I haven't had to be at work for 7:00 am. Yay.

Coffee/banana time and then its down to work.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Mornin'. I just got honked at by an angry driver for running a very very ripe yellow light. ok so maybe it was red by the time I entered the intersection. Problem is, the guy was obviously very angry. He'd been driving next to me for about 5 blocks and wasn't giving any space. Sometimes even creeping into my bike lane (a painted line on the edge of the street) because of parked cars on the other side of the road, or to avoid speed bumps or cracks in the road due to the construction there. It was uncomfortably close. So I made the conscious decision to put some space between myself and this angry person, and he honked at me. Whatever, I don't care. Except some other guy pulls up beside me at the next light to explain why angry dude honked. When I explained (calmly) that it was to put space between myself and an angry driver he understood (I think). I take a detour to be able to ride in this lane to avoid douches in their cars who are in a hurry to get to the next red light. It's annoying when those douches take the small residential street and don't give space to the bikers in the bike lane dedicated to them.

whatever, it's part of life cycling in the "big city", but still, it kinda puts you in a shitty head space to start the day. luckily, I have teh :monkey: to say hi to!

Have a good day y'all!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Rode the spaghetti plop of bike paths in the vicinity of the house last night to figure out where some of them go. Kind of have an idea how but they appear to have multiple legs weaving in and out of various neighborhoods. Gonna take a while to figure out where I'm going for sure.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Mornin!

Rode the spaghetti plop of bike paths in the vicinity of the house last night to figure out where some of them go. Kind of have an idea how but they appear to have multiple legs weaving in and out of various neighborhoods. Gonna take a while to figure out where I'm going for sure.
If you haven't already, use Google's My Tracks app to record your route. Super accurate and records the track right over the Google Maps backdrop so its easy to identify real landmarks vs. your route, etc.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Another good morning ride. Having somebody to ride with just makes it so much better and you always end up pushing some more.

On the ride to work a guy called me an asshole. This is the stuff that makes you love living in New York where people can express their opinions freely :D

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Nobody called me an asshole yet so it's a good day! Blasted out a couple hours of mountain biking after work then had beers with some friends. Happy Wednesday!!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
If you haven't already, use Google's My Tracks app to record your route. Super accurate and records the track right over the Google Maps backdrop so its easy to identify real landmarks vs. your route, etc.
Hmm. I'll check it out. The only issue will be if I can Strava the bike path or not using that.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Last no light evening ride of the year last night. Washed that reality away with a few pints. Need to shop for some new lights ASAP.

Yard work day.

Morning. The last round of after work social rides is here as it gets dark early. Illegal night riding season is just about to begin.
Generally not s'posed to ride after dark?

SerialMidget please take note of an example of a proper GMT title format
  • Three or so non alpha-numeric characters surrounding the title. If not three repeating characters it is nice to reverse the order on the epilogue for symmetry
  • The day: a whimsical analog to the day is acceptable
  • GMT: Self explanatory.
Yes, professor.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Stayed up all night talking to my buddy who recently joined Skinny Puppy, as their guitarist. He busted his ass, and his first show with them was in front of 50,000 people. We had no shortage of stories and hadn't seen each other much in the last year.

2am bed time. Walking in to a 9am meeting. Not bad for a middle aged quadriplegic.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Finally have Wifey on board to look at 3br houses with better layouts and unfinished basements. Price on those is below or in line with what we can sell our house for. That allows me to put 20% down and walk away with $40-50k of equity, which is more than enough to finish a basement to get the extra 2 rooms that she wants.

Otherwise, one more day solo with Haley. I have decided that the November race is unlikely at this point, so I am focusing on my series 65 for the new job then will be studying for my CRPC (Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor℠).

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Why she want all those rooms? She like dustin' shit??
Assuming rd 2 - bedroom for Haley, #2, and us
Bedroom for guests - Not a conversation starter
Office - She works from home and wants a separate office.

And Maria does all of the dusting

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Assuming rd 2 - bedroom for Haley, #2, and us
Bedroom for guests - Not a conversation starter
Office - She works from home and wants a separate office.

And Maria does all of the dusting
Is Maria Mexican? If not you know you've made it when you have white people doing your housework.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Took Lucas to his first day of third grade today! My how they grow! Not much else to report! Run or ride tonight! Pretty excited to get there!

Mornin'. I just got honked at by an angry driver for running a very very ripe yellow light. ok so maybe it was red by the time I entered the intersection. Problem is, the guy was obviously very angry. He'd been driving next to me for about 5 blocks and wasn't giving any space. Sometimes even creeping into my bike lane (a painted line on the edge of the street) because of parked cars on the other side of the road, or to avoid speed bumps or cracks in the road due to the construction there. It was uncomfortably close. So I made the conscious decision to put some space between myself and this angry person, and he honked at me. Whatever, I don't care. Except some other guy pulls up beside me at the next light to explain why angry dude honked. When I explained (calmly) that it was to put space between myself and an angry driver he understood (I think). I take a detour to be able to ride in this lane to avoid douches in their cars who are in a hurry to get to the next red light. It's annoying when those douches take the small residential street and don't give space to the bikers in the bike lane dedicated to them.

whatever, it's part of life cycling in the "big city", but still, it kinda puts you in a shitty head space to start the day. luckily, I have teh :monkey: to say hi to!

Have a good day y'all!
Dude, sorry people are stupid. They are though. Be safe!

is it beer o'clock yet?
Absolutely :cheers:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Busy morning. Hopefully less busy afternoon.