Quantcast

***Wednesderp GMT***

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
see, I have no idea what that means, so I am leaning towards the stinky.
If it boings up and down correctly without any weird play or noise the Yeti is >> than that ancient stinky for WP.

Yeti is likely ~2009ish, but a yeti freak would need to confirm.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
If it boings up and down correctly without any weird play or noise the Yeti is >> than that ancient stinky for WP.

Yeti is likely ~2009ish, but a yeti freak would need to confirm.
AH! I see.
10 yo DH bikes are gonna be beat to shit mostly as that one is.
I can CL dream tho, cant I?

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
see, I have no idea what that means, so I am leaning towards the stinky.
I think we lost @Serial Midget to fun-tirement, but I had been on his case to sell the giggle pig (basically 3? year old fancy downhill bike) while he can recoup some of that sweet, sweet Obamacare health insurance money for it.

He usually "gives" away his bikes to hardship cases but you never know...

ETA: I've been meaning to reach out to him re: Yellowstone road biking in the spring/mud season, if we hook up I'll ask him again...

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
RE: wife is making plans for summer time trip your way. I'll be in touch.
ID/Montucky mini-monkeyfest 2.0, sounds good :banana::banana::banana::banana:

I don't think I'll get the rental "online" until mid- to late summer (if I'm lucky), so you and yours are more than welcome to stay there in the interim.

25 mins to West Yellowstone, 2 blocks from the river and a very kid-friendly float (we have SUPs, pfds, 17' canoe and a fishing kayak)

Oh and (s)miles and (s)miles of gravel roads and singletrack in every direction.

PM me when you have tentative plans and thoughts of what you'd like to see/do and I can help you fine tune/minimize drive time...

If you're hoping to stay in the park, I'd look sooner rather than later, though there are always cancellations.

https://www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com/

The rental is close enough to do the West side tourism in day trips (I.e. no need to stay at Old Faithful) but the park is quite large and I recommend folks stay in Canyon and/or Cooke City to see the NE section...

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well fuck.... what was a good morning turned to shite, just got done at the dentist.... been waiting for a bad visit like this..... just like dad my teeth are about trash as I come to my 40's...... been doing really good.... then BOOM..... need 8 fillings......

Fucking genetics and almost 20 years of chewing has caught up

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Nope..... skoal.

Been seven years since I quit, but damage is done
well its a start. my great uncle started smoking as a teenager, continued until his mid 50's when his dr told him to quit or he was gonna die. he switched to chew, mouth cancer finally got him. didn't make it past 65.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
When growing up our neighbor’s live in handyman talked funny. That was because his tongue was a piece of a shoulder muscle.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Anyone have recommendations for backyard ground cover? I have a small backyard (20x19 - we live downtown in a townhouse). We currently don't use our backyard because there's a garden that's overgrown, and a small floor of paving stones that's uneven and hurts our bare feet. We were thinking of putting a deck in, but quotes are coming in at around $7000. I'm thinking of maybe doing it myself. I mean how hard can it be to build a deck?! :rolleyes:

Or... maybe going with a different ground cover... like flagstones or something. Essentially, we want something low-maintenance, that we can put a table and chairs on, and a 2 or 3 Adirondack chairs. We'd put in some planter boxes and plants too.

Are there other options other than decks and flagstone/paving stones? [edited to add:] that are pleasant under bare feet.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Anyone have recommendations for backyard ground cover? I have a small backyard (20x19 - we live downtown in a townhouse). We currently don't use our backyard because there's a garden that's overgrown, and a small floor of paving stones that's uneven and hurts our bare feet. We were thinking of putting a deck in, but quotes are coming in at around $7000. I'm thinking of maybe doing it myself. I mean how hard can it be to build a deck?! :rolleyes:

Or... maybe going with a different ground cover... like flagstones or something. Essentially, we want something low-maintenance, that we can put a table and chairs on, and a 2 or 3 Adirondack chairs. We'd put in some planter boxes and plants too.

Are there other options other than decks and flagstone/paving stones?
gasoline is like $3 / gal. burn all the vegetation, put down gravel.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

Are there other options other than decks and flagstone/paving stones? [edited to add:] that are pleasant under bare feet.
I put in a patio with flagstones and a low stone wall around part of it when we bought our house. I did it right, with proper layers of drainage underneath, etc. It was a pretty big job to do solo, but I think it came out well in the end and has held up pretty well over the past decade. I'll snap a pic when I get home.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

What about AstroTurf/fake grass? Seems like that might fit the bill.