Quantcast

Videos (and pics) that don't suck

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Andreu Lacondeguy in Chile. The guy is so stylish and laid back :dirol:

There is another one i Peru too. All that high altitude hab is impressive!

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Vital just posted this on their main page. Great vid made into an insane vid by the fact the riding is a 13yo and the video was shot and edited by his 16yo brother

the kids are alright

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I don't usually enjoy videos filmed on bermed trails... but all the tricky little off-camber set-ups Kolb does in this video are pretty impressive:

also, I slowed down the playback on the slomo shot of Garlicki burping his tire in that vertical berm at the end of the video. I found it odd that the burp happened on the top half of the wheel/tire rather than above the contact patch. I guess it makes sense though - if the tire is being yanked (for lack of a better term) by the force of the turn, it will pull down from the top just as much as the bottom, but it doesn't have the force of the bike and rider pushing down on it... pretty cool to see that in action.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Seth seems like a really cool dude. And great rider.

I like the end of this video from a few years back, where he sounded fully ready to go for another lap.......with a flat tire.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Did you get the through the whole hour? Feel like you could click anywhere in the video and basically get the same 5 minutes of "content".
haha.. When the video came up on my youtube recommended feed I actually thought it was just going to be a 3min end of year recap video. But after the intro I did then end up watching (and enjoying) the whole thing. Watched on the TV in the living room. which def make a big difference to any media actually holding my attention. TBF tho I only really like watching stylish riders above my own paycheck and almost every minute of this doesn't fail to deliver on that score. It doesn't hurt they're mostly riding fuck out of smaller bikes and not wanking over set-up minutae or parts tech.

If you're short of time, hardwired to enjoy Tiktok/insta length media or just ADHD AF but not in that particular hyperfocus try watching the intro 0:00 - 3:00 and then the outro 57:00-1:00 obviously you won't have seen every move but probably a large propotion of the highlights.
then again if you don't like BMX style jibs/tricks done on mtbs or big consequential hits you'll probably still be left unfulfilled and robbed of 6 whole minutes of your busy life.

Can't please everyone all of the time.:boss:

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Did you get the through the whole hour? Feel like you could click anywhere in the video and basically get the same 5 minutes of "content".
I'm about halfway through, got some rad shit in it. I agree it can be repetitive but the Hardline bits sneak in, plus I have a soft spot for those rut track corner banging clips the UK lads always do.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
That was Insane. The pace,the second rider laughing at following the Lead rider. Walk in the park for him. You do not see riding at the level with such coverage by the second rider. Unreal! Fucking Next Level! I’m sorry,but that is Top Notch Shit!

Fucking buck,I know you loved It! Was it not Next Level Brother? Is that you Brother?

Dogboy,Great find. Word.

Avy

I forgot somehow? That,I too rub my hands in the local dirt,I pick up a good handful,enough for two hands,rub my hands together to get All the sweat off them,and tap. Pay Respect. Word.

Avy

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
You know the kids were all "crap, moms making me go to Hobby Lobby!"
Now she can't figure out why they won't quit laughing...

At hobby lobby with wife , she started to laugh and pointed this out .had to take a pic, I appreciate bored kids and creativity..lmao
I laughed cause this is some crap my boys would have done, wife agreed..

20240103_171034.jpg

Last edited:

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
^^ epic trail and Eddy the Eagle was on an absolute belter. Totally caught Danny off guard. Some of the shit Eddy was pulling off.
Need to get Jack Moir and Eddy together on a trail like this = Chaos.

On a side note, the 2023 Vital Raw edit is sick. What the hell is going on with Loic and Finns setup. Those bikes are so smooth, noticeable through sections with repeated hits.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
^^ epic trail and Eddy the Eagle was on an absolute belter. Totally caught Danny off guard. Some of the shit Eddy was pulling off.
Need to get Jack Moir and Eddy together on a trail like this = Chaos.

On a side note, the 2023 Vital Raw edit is sick. What the hell is going on with Loic and Finns setup. Those bikes are so smooth, noticeable through sections with repeated hits.
disliked because no link... :disgust:

are you referring to this one?

holy shit, it's almost 4 hours?!?!