Quantcast

Vertical Earth Blue Mountain Closed 9/12!!! WTF

BrokenBob

Chimp
Jul 20, 2008
Philly
I can't believe Blue Mountain closed at 12:30 on Sunday. There was no announcement on the Vertical Earth website or any of the Ride Monkey forums. Who closes a mountain bike park while people are riding the mountain and still showing up in the parking lot??? It wasn't even raining. I was so pissed to get there and be told they were closing in 30 minutes. I was able to get one run in, and aside from a few puddles of water, the conditions were good. Hopefully, they are able to get their act together, because it is a little annoying riding those super slow lifts and riding trails that have little or no maintenance done to them.

wyatt79m

Chimp
Dec 30, 2007
I've only been there twice, not a very professional operation. I believe there is potential there though.

bikenbrew

Chimp
May 31, 2008
You know what else is a little bit annoying? People who complain about a 2 year old bike park not grooming their trails enough, despite the fact they are still building new trails, hosting races and have 2 jump parks. Another thing that is kind of annoying is people who don't realise sh*t happens and sometimes weather conditions or things beyond anyones control dictate lifts have to close. Anyway keep complaining, maybe people will stop going there and they will have to close, then I can go back to driving 3.5 hrs to Diablo. By the way, I have had an incredible time at Blue Mt, had my bike fixed for FREE, TWICE while riding there, and enjoy the natural DH trails that they offer.