Quantcast

Trail Question

mtnbiker49

Monkey
Jul 12, 2009
Milford, PA
I am heading back to the park on Thursday. Last two times I've been there, I have been wondering how to get to anthem. I take a trail to the lake and always went over that two part ladder bridge. (which is very sketchy) But I saw that there was a gravel road heading up a bit and decided to turn around because I was not certain about the uphill trail. Could someone tell me if I have to go up that road or go another way? Thanks

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Take the right hand uphill rocky gravel fire road - it will take you to the top of some runs, including the entrance to Tempest, which contains the Anthem drop/section.

The bridges will take you to careless whisper, asylum, and others, but not to Anthem!

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
Make your way up to monarch for a fun run. When you get to the top of the fireroad hike, you will be presented with 3 options. Legion, Monarch, and tempest. You will see a start platform for races, straight is legion, right (from the platform) is Monarch. and tempest starts a bit further down the fireroad, past legion/monarch.

AtomikMan

Chimp
Nov 12, 2007
United States of America
I am heading back to the park on Thursday. Last two times I've been there, I have been wondering how to get to anthem. I take a trail to the lake and always went over that two part ladder bridge. (which is very sketchy) But I saw that there was a gravel road heading up a bit and decided to turn around because I was not certain about the uphill trail. Could someone tell me if I have to go up that road or go another way? Thanks
If you think the two ladders on Lower Exodus are sketchy, I wouldn't really suggest hitting Anthem, but what the heck do I know...

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
The thing that freaks me out about the exodus bridges is that one of em goes UPhill. The penalty for failure on those bridges is pretty substantial too, and the 2nd bridge is pretty flimsy feeling.

Personally, my confidence isn't where it needs to be for me to try and ride either of those bridges. Which I suppose makes little to no sense since I've pedaled the crap out of anthem in the past, haha.

bike_hiker

Chimp
Mar 3, 2009
If you can sail anthem shouldn't those bridges on exodus be a walk in the park. Just saying. Anthem is sizable and a tricky on being it's one of the narrower drops in the park. Just my 2 $s.

Bikezilla

Chimp
Dec 4, 2006
LOL, you only need to pedal on the first bridge. :D

OTOH Anthem gets my goat b/c I'm can't spot the line on the apporach so I dump a lot of speed to line it up. I avoid pedaling on it so I can get set to hop off ...which is ironic b/c I'll pedal the 1st bridge on CW no problem. The thing is I know I need more speed to launch Anthem and miss that big arsed rock on the top of the tranny.

Annnyway if you like Anthem, you should enjoy Road to Nowhere (after careless whisper). It's not a blind approach like Anthem and it's a Nice drop.

Last edited: