Quantcast

Ti spring for 2010 Boxxers?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Looking at motorsport suspension I think you'll be waiting a while.
Why does everyone in RM think that the motorsport industry technology translates 1:1 to bike technology. I hope you are not waiting for your a toyota bike. Though that would save hayes some effort ;)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
BTW. If anyone wants air springs in their coil sprung fork lookup protone. They make dual air springs for almost any DC fork on the market. Not really proven yet but some locals here ride it and claim they are pretty good.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
This is marzocchis only..... not marzocchi to boxxer.
MARZOCCHI ti springs work with the (marzocchi) nickel stanchions... they are slightly bigger than the black stanchions as well as the nickel coating makes the material harder so the od is the same but the.Nickel id is bigger. So if you slap a steel spring in the nickel stanchion it will slap around and the ti in the black will rub. Not to say it can't be done but the springs od's are different.

Last edited:

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Marz spring in a Bxr... besides the need for two springs, the physical lengths are different. I'm trying to get a Bxr spring to fit in a '07 RC2X WC, w/ a BOS cart. I'm hoping the longer Bxr spring will mean I get a bit more small bump compliance and more linear travel thru out its stroke. But to go the other way...yeah, about 100lbs. So if you're a small girl, a firm Ti 888 spring might work. But don't forget the 4" spacer needed to get the Marz spring to the proper length.