Quantcast

Ti frame longevity? (Warnign, bike related content!)

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Like Woody mentioned, Shimano seems to make nice skewers. Not the best looking or light, but they work.
Yes, agreed. Roughing up the dropouts would almost certainly help, but you can't really know by how much until you try it. I wouldn't do that first either.

Another option is the DT RWS skewer. I haven't used them, but people seem to like how they work and one of the main selling points is the ability to get higher clamping forces than regular skewers.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
@ IH8RICE: Actually my road bike is a bit slacker than that bike was.

But yeah... he did. When he drew up the bike in cad he built it around 50% sag on the rear shock... (which is too much IMO), and Zero sag on the 100mm fork. So with the bike all sagged out in the rear and fully extended in the front, all the numbers come out pretty close. Of course no one rides their bike like that, and in the real world it just made for a super sketchy ride.
wow.

Another option is the DT RWS skewer. I haven't used them, but people seem to like how they work and one of the main selling points is the ability to get higher clamping forces than regular skewers.
i love mine on my Butcher. it gets the rear wheel nice and tight. it is a bit heavy though

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not the guy I was thinking of, I did race with a Bob (Anderson I think) for a brief period though, but can't remember what he was riding.

That's my boy! Nicest dude I know. Badass on a bike.

Sorry for the necro bump but I originally missed the reply and this thread randomly popped up in my RRAM.

Really Random Access Memory