Quantcast

@@@ thursdump gee em tee@@@

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Have a call about a jorb today working on commercial drone software that includes field testing. I am very intrigued by this prospect.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
thoughts?
Bike pretty impressive. Some things were amusing. As @Fool put it "you were at the top and bottom of that switchback at the same time". To say it wants to run is an understatement. Longer than my he DH9, same HA, and pedals better. It's a go fast sled.

Michelin Wild Enduro's goat balls

Fork needed huge help

I'm looking forward to being scared once I get it dialed.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
^ Came here to make this joke, was beat by somebody with my own joke.

It's a good looking bike. Once you have it dialed how you want it, that thing will fly.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ended up Apex/Enchanted-ing it. 3 laps on Enchanted, to be specific. Lots of hikers. Good times nonetheless.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
cactus or Dr.?
Physical therapy.... would likelt end your leg cramp issue. It hurts, but lets you heal. I tore another part of my calf muscle a few weeks ago.

Started this five years ago when i really tore up my calf, used it again two years ago when i tore the rotator cuff, again last winter when my k ee was in pain, now i have a partial tear in the right calf, first time it was the radial side, now its the lateral side..

Last edited:
Physical therapy.... would likelt end your leg cramp issue. It hurts, but lets you heal. I tore another part of my calf muscle a few weeks ago.

Started this five years ago when i really tore up my calf, used it again two years ago when i tore the rotator cuff, again last winter when my k ee was in pain, now i have a partial tear in the right calf, first time it was the radial side, now its the lateral side..

Quack quack quack...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I am SURE you have checked, but left hand thread?
Shop broke one tool - sheared the teeth. Had to bolt another to it and two people with a breaker couldn't get it. Took a big hammer, breaker, and shock to get it. I don't feel bad about not getting it now.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
sounds like a little wd40 and some overnight patience woulda done the trick...:D
I dumped a bunch of citrus into it from non-drive side and let it set on its side overnight. It was "fuck you and your wrenching" tight.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So what do you do when your legs are still sore from climbing the tallest peak on the east coast ? Go for ride, duh. Had an easy 2.5 hour spin out to the lake and back. Hit the shed sat on a rock and fed the fish some crackers. A couple of catfish show up, which was pretty cool.

On the way back into downtown I passed a family on the other side of the road. My deaf ass could clearly hear the dad bitching at his toddler who just wanted to keep playing outside. Both parents were glued to their phones and the dad was saying they had to turn around because his foot was sore and that he will understand when he gets old. This tool was in his early twenties. The fat ass mom started to yell, "pedal, pedal" at me as I went by. I ignored them but really wanted yell some motivational words their way, but just looked at her like she was new to the planet instead.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Meanwhile in Crested Butte...

That picture is ace.

Wife sometimes has dry needling done for one of her niggling injuries.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Someone died on a local DH trail here yesterday.

That trail is pretty easy, but you're doing mach chicken down it...

And this one happened on the trail beside it a few years ago...

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Someone died on a local DH trail here yesterday.

That trail is pretty easy, but you're doing mach chicken down it...

And this one happened on the trail beside it a few years ago...
:(

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So today's call was really cool. I will admit, it is a stretch, but aim high, right?

There is a start up that has been here about 7 years. About 2 years ago they were purchased by a large telecom but have been left to do what they do, just with deeper pockets. They make software to navigate drones for automated flight for various stuff (like the California wildfires).

While I am no aviator, I do have the skills in the software realm. The idea of field testing makes me excited.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
So today's call was really cool. I will admit, it is a stretch, but aim high, right?

There is a start up that has been here about 7 years. About 2 years ago they were purchased by a large telecom but have been left to do what they do, just with deeper pockets. They make software to navigate drones for automated flight for various stuff (like the California wildfires).

While I am no aviator, I do have the skills in the software realm. The idea of field testing makes me excited.
do it

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
On the way back into downtown I passed a family on the other side of the road. My deaf ass could clearly hear the dad bitching at his toddler who just wanted to keep playing outside. Both parents were glued to their phones and the dad was saying they had to turn around because his foot was sore and that he will understand when he gets old. This tool was in his early twenties. The fat ass mom started to yell, "pedal, pedal" at me as I went by. I ignored them but really wanted yell some motivational words their way, but just looked at her like she was new to the planet instead.
:rofl:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

im interested. i think my left leg is all kinds of fucked from surgery & injury