Quantcast

**thursderp gmt***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yello.

We are going to attempt two NetApp rackings today. Its a whole lot of waiting around for them to update the OS, so there will be lots of coffee consumed today.

The clouds are high today and the sun is trying to poke through them, it is creating a wonderful orange glow. I haven't been this excited for summer and riding in a long time.

Quick question for anyone that has done the seal kit for Fox Float CTD or any other Fox air shock I guess. Mine feels buttery smooth and while I only have two short rides on it, there seems to be a lot of float fluid on the shock shaft and sitting at the main dust wiper. Is that normal for a few rides? Did I just squirt a little too much Float fluid into the one chamber?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
TSA, bound to make this hippie a small government conservative. :disgust1:

The clouds are high today and the sun is trying to poke through them, it is creating a wonderful orange glow. I haven't been this excited for summer and riding in a long time.

Quick question for anyone that has done the seal kit for Fox Float CTD or any other Fox air shock I guess. Mine feels buttery smooth and while I only have two short rides on it, there seems to be a lot of float fluid on the shock shaft and sitting at the main dust wiper. Is that normal for a few rides? Did I just squirt a little too much Float fluid into the one chamber?
Very generally speaking, I wouldn't worry about some fluid the first couple rides. Probably just left overs from assembly. If it continues, I might rebuild it again.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
last day on the short bus untli Monday. Heading out with the wife in the camper with the hores in the trailer to a Dressage competition in Gilroy. She will compete and I will get paid to watch (show EMT). Taking the dogs who will enjoy walking the trails on the 500 acre property.

Moar Coffee plz.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies!

Tuesday's long day really knocked the crap out of me, I was basically worthless yesterday and didn't go riding even though I'd made the time.

Today will be my Friday and I plan to cut out at noon and take a nice slow trail ride in the expected 80 degree weather.

Other than that I can only dream about having enough whores to haul around in a trailer.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning Monkies!

Tuesday's long day really knocked the crap out of me, I was basically worthless yesterday and didn't go riding even though I'd made the time.

Today will be my Friday and I plan to cut out at noon and take a nice slow trail ride in the expected 80 degree weather.

Other than that I can only dream about having enough whores to haul around in a trailer.
Keep it simple. Start with one gigantic whore.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Did a 4 mile run last night and brought the dogs with me. Paced at 10:30, which is faster for the longer run, which is good. The dogs however were spent when we got home. Gave them a bath and they quickly fell asleep. No pee last night, but I did get woken up around midnight because they needed to go out. Wifey is travelling today, so I dropped the dogs at daycare. Hopefully it wears them out for tonight as well.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
No hos in my trailer today. :cray:

Shards -> luck, right? My old Moto X fell from 1ft on tiles and the glass imploded. B&H photo has great deals on Nexus 5x so I've ordered one, I hope they'll ship before shutting their door for their extended pesach holiday.

Also, WFH today, lunchtime ride FTW.

No hos in my trailer today. :cray:

Shards -> luck, right? My old Moto X fell from 1ft on tiles and the glass imploded. B&H photo has great deals on Nexus 5x so I've ordered one, I hope they'll ship before shutting their door for their extended pesach holiday.

Also, WFH today, lunchtime ride FTW.
Dial it now.

Breaking news: Fired up the lawnmower and used it for the first time this year...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
More soccer with the little guy this morning now sporting real soccer shoes a lot better than playing in my running shoes and actually very comfortable. Brilliant ride to work just perfect weather for a commute. Did get a little close to a lady crossing the street when she started dancing back and forwards which made it difficult for me to know where to go.

JLStout

Chimp
Mar 12, 2010
Redding Ca
I rode with a one armed guy that was 68 years old a while back. Had a prostetic hand and did the whole ride with a chew in his mouth!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
A coworker just asked me to come by his desk to help him with something. While I was there he ate an entire large bag of Lay's barbecue chips, and a whole bag of gummy bears (not sequentially either, he was switching back and forth).

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Back from 90 minutes of afternoon trail riding, I the rode South Shore of the river on the new bike with adjusted psi in the fork, shock and tires. Much success for the tires at 25 psi, they don't fly up hills like skinnies on a hardtail but no care today, in fact I walked 2 short climbs, still no care. For the time being I am happy with the X Kings.

The float 32 fork will also be fine, I've got the sag correct and used about 80% of available travel in trail mode. The rear shock is proving hard for me to set up, even with increased psi I still used the full stroke without leaving the ground. It's amazing to me that the frame will bottom out but you never feel it, kind of puts a smile on your face.

At the trail head one guy and his dog were getting ready to ride a super fancy neon green something cool (forgot the maker already) that looked pretty beefy. I told him I'd let him hit the trail first so I wouldn't interrupt his flow. He said no worries and took off for the PAVED walking path bypassing half a mile of flowing XC descent. I flow'd myself down the trail and didn't see him again until the return back to the lot. He rode up the trail and I took easy up paved trail... not sure what I wanted to prove but I hit the decent again and zipped back down to the bottom and took the paved trail back up again.

The trail conditions close to town are fucking awesome.

EDIT: Intense Tracer in neon green, looked bad ass with black fork and kit.

Last edited:

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
IMG952217.png

My looser X wife just posted this about our 16 year old daughter

Out daughter Tyler is here with me crying her eyes out over this says she does not know what it's about.....

Our daughter is a straight A student she is taking AP courses as a junior in school volunteers at special Olympics, her boyfriend and her volunteered to paint a church basement last summer .......I'm not just saying this because she is my daughter she truly is a sweet polite considerate young lady........I'm sooooooo out of my mind mad over this what possible could a 16 year old girl do to be berated like that....am I over reacting??? Sorry if this was the wrong place to vent

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
A month ago my daughter's grandmother passed away and this shows the person my daughter is her grandmother basically drown in her own lungs is was not a pretty sight and Tyler got in the hospital bed with her and held her hand until she passed on
Screenshot_2016-04-21-19-57-09.png