Quantcast

**thursderp gmt***

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Back from 90 minutes of afternoon trail riding, I the rode South Shore of the river on the new bike with adjusted psi in the fork, shock and tires. Much success for the tires at 25 psi, they don't fly up hills like skinnies on a hardtail but no care today, in fact I walked 2 short climbs, still no care. For the time being I am happy with the X Kings.

The float 32 fork will also be fine, I've got the sag correct and used about 80% of available travel in trail mode. The rear shock is proving hard for me to set up, even with increased psi I still used the full stroke without leaving the ground. It's amazing to me that the frame will bottom out but you never feel it, kind of puts a smile on your face.

At the trail head one guy and his dog were getting ready to ride a super fancy neon green something cool (forgot the maker already) that looked pretty beefy. I told him I'd let him hit the trail first so I wouldn't interrupt his flow. He said no worries and took off for the PAVED walking path bypassing half a mile of flowing XC descent. I flow'd myself down the trail and didn't see him again until the return back to the lot. He rode up the trail and I took easy up paved trail... not sure what I wanted to prove but I hit the decent again and zipped back down to the bottom and took the paved trail back up again.

The trail conditions close to town are fucking awesome.

EDIT: Intense Tracer in neon green, looked bad ass with black fork and kit.

X-Kings 2.4 is my favorite rear tire. I Like Mountain Kings up front for the extra cornering traction. They have held up really well for me. Sidewalls like to leak slowly but just needs constant topping off with your favorite tire sealant.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
X-Kings 2.4 is my favorite rear tire. I Like Mountain Kings up front for the extra cornering traction. They have held up really well for me. Sidewalls like to leak slowly but just needs constant topping off with your favorite tire sealant.
They haven't lost a pound of pressure in a week, my new maxxis on old rims are also keeping their air fine, both without sealant. Too early to claim victory?

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They haven't lost a pond of pressure in a week, my new maxis on old rims are also keeping their air fine, both without sealant. Too early to claim victory?

I would recommend sealant, or tubes. They hold air fine until the sidewalls get abraded against rock, then require sealant to maintain. Sidewalls on my front tire look terrible, fuzzy like mouse fur. They don't look like they should work, but they do. Actually never had a flat with them. Actually nothing on my bike looks like it should work, but it somehow does.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
No worries sorrybif i came off like an ass...my kids could back the truck over my bikes and i still would not say anything that hurtfull to them
I learned when the kids were 6 and 3 I needed to get them away from her.....so I did
Well, sounds like you did the right thing.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Sorry to hear. I've seen some mother do/say some pretty weird shit to their children no matter how good they are. My mother was convinced I had some kind of serious drug habit when I was a kid. Despite working maximum hours the state would allow, saving every cent for college, and being in the top of my class she was convinced I spent my free hours smoking rock. She has some weird paranoid fear that I would screw my life and just always assumed it was happening.
Wow sorry to hear that

We grew up poor in a broken home on grocery day you got your "goodies" 6 cookies for the week and 2 glasses of chocolate milk and a zip lock bag of Doritos and you could eat them that night or ration them all week...and mom cooked us our meals but nothing extra

socks and underwear for xmass but she made sure we knew we were loved and important to her

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
View attachment 122133

My looser X wife just posted this about our 16 year old daughter

Out daughter Tyler is here with me crying her eyes out over this says she does not know what it's about.....

Our daughter is a straight A student she is taking AP courses as a junior in school volunteers at special Olympics, her boyfriend and her volunteered to paint a church basement last summer .......I'm not just saying this because she is my daughter she truly is a sweet polite considerate young lady........I'm sooooooo out of my mind mad over this what possible could a 16 year old girl do to be berated like that....am I over reacting??? Sorry if this was the wrong place to vent
Fuck me

I really don't understand how people are so horrible to their kids. Does she not understand that everybody sees what she posts? Was she drunk? Have you contacted her and told her to take that down (I know the damage is already done to an extent but still)?

Everyone has frustrations as a parent but facebook isn't the place to be calling your daughter nasty names.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Fuck me

I really don't understand how people are so horrible to their kids. Does she not understand that everybody sees what she posts? Was she drunk? Have you contacted her and told her to take that down (I know the damage is already done to an extent but still)?

Everyone has frustrations as a parent but facebook isn't the place to be calling your daughter nasty names.
She is at work.....she is an RN imagine how she treats other people's kids

I can barely contain myself i woukd say all the wrong things and I am the better person so I'm just trying to lower the heart rate

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Just send her a simple, to the point PM on FB. Clearly she is on there.

"Please take this post down. It is inappropriate to be so negative about your child in such a public setting."

Nurses be crazy bro