Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
SW Colorado got pasted from the last storm - Wolf Creek was reporting 40" 48-hour totals. Telluride and Purgatory got the goods as well.
Good my side of the state. this may be a deal breaker, didnt want to drive to the FR plus i got 4 free days at puragotry, just not sure if Laura would like it....which may break the deal again. :think:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
got an unpleasant call this morning. wife's father died last night, apparently of a heart attack. 66. i'd only met him once, and my wife hadn't seen or spoken to him since her sister's wedding in 2009. he was an asshole but she's still pretty torn up.

no baby yet either.
sorry to hear it.

:stupid:

My dad passed away before I had kids, and it's something that I will always regret. At least I get to tell my kids about all the cool stuff he did...

what also sucks is having to deal with this at this point in your/her pregancy. My wife's dad had a bad stroke when she was pregnant with our first and was still in hospital when he was born. She says she kinda glossed over those last few weeks of pregnancy because her priority was her dad at that point. I guess my only point is to remember to take time for yourselves and your baby-to-be in the next few days.

good luck with it all...

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Why would Laura not like Purgatory?
well Ive never been so my opinions are based on hear say...but she likes mellow groomer & just cruising.
I am under the impression there is not too much of that there.

EDIT-
May have been off my rocker. Trail Map looks full of runs she could ski.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
well Ive never been so my opinions are based on hear say...but she likes mellow groomer & just cruising.
I am under the impression there is not too much of that there.

EDIT-
May have been off my rocker. Trail Map looks full of runs she could ski.
Yup. Maybe you're thinking of Silverton. There's ZERO mellow groomers there. Which is what makes it awesome.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
My weekend was pretty good.

Off to job interview #3 of the week. All 3 2nd interviews. Hopefully multiple offers by the end of next week. Who the hell knows... At least I got to drive a GT3

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

Off to job interview #3 of the week. All 3 2nd interviews. Hopefully multiple offers by the end of next week. Who the hell knows... At least I got to drive a GT3

Been wanting to do that would you say it is worth the money?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My rehearsal just got canceled for tonight. This is probably a good thing.

In other news, here is a photo from this morning. Wife went to fetch Mariko while I tried to sleep more. Mariko immediately wanted to climb in bed and then act crazy and climb down:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Been at the leather shop all day designing new gear for the department. Had the boy with all day, was a great way to spend 2200 dollars, have some good food for lunch and better supply my guys with better gear to keep them safe.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I hung out with my Dad today. He's a funny guy. Let loose some real zingers as he calls them. He made fun of the salesman at a store and ruined my deal. My Buddy let him drive his Dodge Challenger. My Dad rarely leaves his home. I was glad he enjoyed himself. I put $250 on a card for him to enjoy himself and bought him lunch.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Nice. My friends and I did this last summer at the same place. I made the mistake of choosing the Audi. My buddy in the GT3 flew by me like I was driving a Prius. :(

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
To be honest, if you aren't a car dude, it might not be. For $400, you are in a car for about 5 minutes.

But as I car guy I loved it.

I found the most fun was going for the intro lap in the Porsche Macan. The guy driving was awesome. I was shocked at how fast that little SUV thing could go around corners while loaded with 5 grown men in it. That's worth the price alone (I think you can pay for just that?).

I think the GTR is quite cheap as well.

I also found it scary the first lap, in a good way. The dude sitting next to me really showed how late you can brake into some of the turns and what the proper apex is. It literally felt like you were going to drive off the track before braking and turning.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If you heat your house with wood. Then you run out in the middle of the winter and can't get anymore good wood. I have no answer for you.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Fuck yeah. It was awesome.

And the intro lap in the Cayenne was ridiculous. The guy driving was a very skilled driver. That first long corner out at the end of the straight pretty much made me poop myself.

Problem is, you can't cheap out. I had initially just bought 5 laps in the GT3. Then I got the briefing, and there was a special on for extra laps, so I bought 2 more laps. Then I watched my buddy take off in the Aventador and was really only getting the hang of it after his first 7 laps. That was enough to convince me to get 5 laps in the Cayman S for another $100 (again, on "special").

Not cheap, but once you haul your ass all the way to Vegas, you start to think "When am I going to get the chance to do this again???" Then the CC starts to heat up.

I think I got value for money. It was an absolute blast. But like Canadmofos says, only if you're already a car guy. This was something the guys I was with (childhood buddies) and I have been dreaming about and blather on about for as long as I'd known them, so it was totally worth it.

BTW, my fastest time in the GT3 was faster than my buddy's time in the Aventador, which has an extra 250 hp or so.... The GT3 was absolutely awesome.

There was one guy lapping in one of the Ferarris (either the 458 Italia or the 430 Scuderia) that was absolutely destroying the course. Such a loud car. He must have dropped $5K in laps. I was very jealous.

EDIT: I just checked, and my buddy who was slow in the Aventador was .04 seconds faster than me on his fastest GT3 lap. Holy crap that car was awesome.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fuck yeah. It was awesome.

And the intro lap in the Cayenne was ridiculous. The guy driving was a very skilled driver. That first long corner out at the end of the straight pretty much made me poop myself.

Problem is, you can't cheap out. I had initially just bought 5 laps in the GT3. Then I got the briefing, and there was a special on for extra laps, so I bought 2 more laps. Then I watched my buddy take off in the Aventador and was really only getting the hang of it after his first 7 laps. That was enough to convince me to get 5 laps in the Cayman S for another $100 (again, on "special").

Not cheap, but once you haul your ass all the way to Vegas, you start to think "When am I going to get the chance to do this again???" Then the CC starts to heat up.

I think I got value for money. It was an absolute blast. But like Canadmofos says, only if you're already a car guy. This was something the guys I was with (childhood buddies) and I have been dreaming about and blather on about for as long as I'd known them, so it was totally worth it.

BTW, my fastest time in the GT3 was faster than my buddy's time in the Aventador, which has an extra 250 hp or so.... The GT3 was absolutely awesome.

There was one guy lapping in one of the Ferarris (either the 458 Italia or the 430 Scuderia) that was absolutely destroying the course. Such a loud car. He must have dropped $5K in laps. I was very jealous.

EDIT: I just checked, and my buddy who was slow in the Aventador was .04 seconds faster than me on his fastest GT3 lap. Holy crap that car was awesome.
Pretty much the same story here. There were some Australians there trying out every car. $$$$

Did they have the tuned up Corvette there taking people on a lap of the course while buddy drifted the entire time? That was pretty cool...Being on one of your laps and having this guy fly by you SIDEWAYS at TWICE the speed haha.

They didn't have a Cayman while I was there, but if they did at that price I would have paid for it too. I was tempted to take the GTR out, on top of the Audi R8, but it only the first day in Vegas so...

Given the chance, I'd probably do it again.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
This is my first winter heating with wood. Glad I decided to order two extra cords after all.
Last summer I / we / I built them a new concrete walkway from the house to the Bong Shed. We moved the wood they had stacked by the Garage into the basement to facilitate this. A few pallets were stacked in front of it and they forgot about it. I think they have utilized the Bong Shed to many times. Got nobody to blame but myself....