Quantcast

thursday gfmt

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:dance:

Took two tries for my boss to realize that I was serious. Figured the printed letter was pretty obvious.

I learned a lot, but glad to be out of that very toxic and unstable place.

Took the offer from a small family owned seed company. I’ve known the owner for 10 years or so. Should be good. It’s the same company I had been an independent dealer for the last 3 years. Now get moar moneys a new truck and more responsibility, but should be sweet.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Work was busy and stressful yesterday. Today looks like a return to some normalcy on this WFH day.

I swam 2500 yards early this morning and will get out for a run around noon. No pedaling until next week.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Again, I find myself this morning at the door of Jury Room 261, 360 Adams Street. The aperture is black with a darkness almost material. That tenebrousness is indeed a positive quality; for it obscured such parts of the inner walls as ought to have been revealed, and actually burst forth like smoke from its aeon-long imprisonment, visibly darkening the sun as it slunk away into the shrunken and gibbous sky on flapping membraneous wings. The odour arising from the newly opened depths was intolerable, and at length I heard a nasty, slopping sound down there. It lumbered slobberingly into sight and gropingly squeezed Its gelatinous green immensity through the black doorway into the tainted outside air of that poison city of madness. The Thing cannot be described—there is no language for such abysms of shrieking and immemorial lunacy, such eldritch contradictions of all matter, force, and cosmic order. A mountain walked or stumbled. God! What wonder that across the earth a great architect went mad? The Thing of the idols, the green, sticky spawn of the stars, had awaked to claim his own. The stars were right again, and what an age-old cult had failed to do by design, a an empaneled juror had done by accident. After vigintillions of years great Cthulhu was loose again, and ravening for delight.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

School things are starting back up. Wife is going in for classroom organization and some training. I have to take kid to highschool at 10 for pictures and schedule pick up. Maybe I'll go ride after, if I can squeeze one in before the monsoon kicks off.

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Again, I find myself this morning at the door of Jury Room 261, 360 Adams Street. The aperture is black with a darkness almost material. That tenebrousness is indeed a positive quality; for it obscured such parts of the inner walls as ought to have been revealed, and actually burst forth like smoke from its aeon-long imprisonment, visibly darkening the sun as it slunk away into the shrunken and gibbous sky on flapping membraneous wings. The odour arising from the newly opened depths was intolerable, and at length I heard a nasty, slopping sound down there. It lumbered slobberingly into sight and gropingly squeezed Its gelatinous green immensity through the black doorway into the tainted outside air of that poison city of madness. The Thing cannot be described—there is no language for such abysms of shrieking and immemorial lunacy, such eldritch contradictions of all matter, force, and cosmic order. A mountain walked or stumbled. God! What wonder that across the earth a great architect went mad? The Thing of the idols, the green, sticky spawn of the stars, had awaked to claim his own. The stars were right again, and what an age-old cult had failed to do by design, a an empaneled juror had done by accident. After vigintillions of years great Cthulhu was loose again, and ravening for delight.
So yeah, what else is going on?

Morning pooh flingers...3 day weekend for me...if I dont get to pedal I am going to lose my ever loving mind...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

School things are starting back up. Wife is going in for classroom organization and some training. I have to take kid to highschool at 10 for pictures and schedule pick up. Maybe I'll go ride after, if I can squeeze the in before the monsoon kicks off.
Crazy weather up here last night...you guys get pummeled? I think the mad scientists at the Mountain were screwing with the weather control thingamajig...again.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Crazy weather up here last night...you guys get pummeled? I think the mad scientists at the Mountain were screwing with the weather control thingamajig...again.
We had a hell of a lightning show, but only got about 15 minutes of mild rain. I was definitely expecting hail, but we didn't get any. How bad was it up there?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Heads are rolling at work, 2 more peeps bite the dust. Will there be more? Guess we shall see. I may have partially contributed to one of the departures by highlighting that said individual was not adequately managing the supplier relationship they were responsible for. :redface:

Flooring and sanding on tap for today. Tomorrow starts an uninterrupted 10 day span of no work, which will be weird since I have taken 2, maybe 3 days of PTO this year.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey brodingos

birds woked me up again so I went out for an early bike ride. It's great to get out at the butt crack, would be nice if I was seeing some gainz tho.

Scooped up yet another trash pick. This time it's a trek precaliber 20 that the owner presumably ran over with his or her car. It's practially brand new aside from a taco'd front rim and a bent crank. I will see if I can unbend the crank or aliexpress a new one, then swap wheels and my son will have a new bike.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Found a pretty good deal on a practically new inflatable kayak.

IMG_7365.jpeg

I already have one but don’t really like it that much.Thankfully I have a buyer lined up for my current boat already.

It’s been raining consistently at night here, which means the trails are probably hero traction. But I have not had time to sample the goods as work has been hecka busy and I’ve been otherwise engaged in the evenings.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
you need to work the word gibbonous into your next post...

i think lovecraft used that word quite frequently....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
went to the annual Fly Fishing Club BBQ last night. Really good Tri Tip and Chicken plus good sides and desserts. First mug of espresso isn't doing me much good so to quote a certain movie..."Thank you sir, May I have another?
hey....

this guy ties some nice flies

nice guy....excellent taste in music

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Driving to Junction for the race. 70 and 40 are both currently shut down for the next 20 min. Yay! Going to stop at Colorado Natl Monument on the way out for day 1 of the vacation part.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Is a taco'ed rim worth rebuilding or fixing, or is it pretty much toast? I think I can pull the one off my daughter's old bike to put on this new one, but I am shocked at how difficult it is to find a replacement honestly, and the rim and hub are like new aside from the rim being...wobbly. 24 spokes or whatever and an hour of my time doesn't sound so bad if it's salvageable.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

"things I should have said outloud during jury selection"

Is a taco'ed rim worth rebuilding or fixing, or is it pretty much toast? I think I can pull the one off my daughter's old bike to put on this new one, but I am shocked at how difficult it is to find a replacement honestly, and the rim and hub are like new aside from the rim being...wobbly. 24 spokes or whatever and an hour of my time doesn't sound so bad if it's salvageable.
Depends on how tacoed. Try it and report back.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Aren't you the guy that buys from Ali-bay-chen all the time? You can find EVERYTHING there. ;)
Anyway, if the rim is really badly taco'ed then the spokes are toast too and need to be replaced. If it is a cheap wheel, getting a full wheel is often the more economic solution.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'd give it the ole, grab it firmly with both hands and whack it on the ground until it's somewhat true then get it as good as possible with spoke tension, trick. Then ride it till it dies.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Whelp. Picked as an alternate. The cuckold of the courtroom.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Glenwood Springs. The girls minds were blown driving through when explaining how the river cut it. Geology ftw.