Quantcast

%Thoisday GMT%

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
little one has red dots all over his belly. haysus I hope it's only a heat rash.
Remind me to never go back to Ottawa. You guys constantly have the herpaids or something over there!

Thursday! I might have a date tonight, who knows though really.

Looks like I will be spending all of tomorrow driving to go pick up some audio equipment. Three hours there and probably four hours back if I hit traffic. BALLS. The mileage claim should be half decent, though.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was up at 4:00 AM yesterday for work. Went for a ride despite the lack of sleep, it was awesome. Brain didn't work so I never knew where I was despite being extremely familiar with the trails. It was awesome, best ride I have had in months.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Tis my Friday. Headed to the Sunshine Coast for the weekend to do shuttle laps on my "enduro" bike and drink expensive tequila with my lazier ride buddies.

Our trip to Leavenworth last year pretty much nailed the coffin shut on the concept of "climbing" with that gang. Heh.

Just gotta get through today's "work".

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I do like the short weeks, it makes it a little easier to tolerate. One thing I really love about my job is the validation of other peoples defect fixes. Especially when the defect is written well like "Things don't work like they are supposed to and stuff". I tend to leave validation comments like "Things now work as expected and stuff in version X".

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Our trip to Leavenworth last year pretty much nailed the coffin shut on the concept of "climbing" with that gang. Heh.
:thumb:

I'm slated to work on academic-y things today. Like getting my leased LEAF inspected and selecting low voltage options for the house (e.g. speaker wiring).

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Leavin las vegas ...
High roller dinner was stellar, meetings successful, yay.

New shock for the trail bike should arrive today. Review and technical shimz report to follow.

Coffee would be nice.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Freakin' finally. Back up and running last night. Need to make some adjustments and tidy up my rat's nest of computer cables, air lines and wires, but it moves and cuts again. Now with moar power.

The inside of the van has been a mess since Le Vélo Neige de Coaticook in mid-January. Yesterday's ride, which was kind of soggy in sandy soils racked it up a notch on top of the salt and gravel from Quebec, so I spent the morning on bike cleaning and maintenance followed by emptying the van completely, vacuuming and washing the inside, and loading it back up in a more ordered fashion. That'll make a better starting point for going up to NEMBAfest in a couple of weeks.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Wait, I'm confused, I must've missed this one while I was out gallivanting around outside the interwebs... What happened that would turn you off of Leavenworth Climbing? I mean, it's not my favorite climbing area, but I don't go there often (or quite frankly, at all the last several years), but I have fond memories of climbing there!

In other news... we tried to strike the Fear Of God in the little hoodlum last night. He keeps getting in trouble at school, so I had to move from calm and cool, to a "You are in DEEP SHIT!" (ok, I didn't say deep shit, I said he was in big trouble). Seemed to be effective based on his response in the car of ... can we please talk about this calmly? So after scaring him, I did. Then waited for Dad to get home and repeat the interaction. He was awfully helpful this morning....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Freakin' finally. Back up and running last night. Need to make some adjustments and tidy up my rat's nest of computer cables, air lines and wires, but it moves and cuts again. Now with moar power.

Where do I put my name down for a RideMonkey emblem? Maybe I can put some glue on the back of it and pretend I have one of those rare monkey stickers.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Where do I put my name down for a RideMonkey emblem? Maybe I can put some glue on the back of it and pretend I have one of those rare monkey stickers.
If the powers that be gave the ok, I could easily knock some out, then maybe have them powdered. It would be waaaay easier if I was provided a .dxf or vector drawing....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wait, I'm confused, I must've missed this one while I was out gallivanting around outside the interwebs... What happened that would turn you off of Leavenworth Climbing? I mean, it's not my favorite climbing area, but I don't go there often (or quite frankly, at all the last several years), but I have fond memories of climbing there!
That'd be climbing for an hour and a half in 95 degree, 0 humidity air, with no shade and moondust all around/up in everything.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
CUSTOM. HEADTOOB. EMBLEMS. dew it.
I'd have to see what I could do on size to see how good I can get the resolution to still get a clean cut. The logo is pretty simple so it might work. Worst case, I could do all
the file and design legwork and then farm them out for laser or Waterjet.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Q

Making Angel's logos (trademark MLB) and Cock'nBalls profiles?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Not illegal if you don't sell it :). FWIW I actually abide by not selling copyright material. Don't want that headache. The A logo was a gift for a buddy. The circles are just test cuts. But I'll cut you some cock and balls if you want...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not illegal if you don't sell it :). FWIW I actually abide by not selling copyright material. Don't want that headache. The A logo was a gift for a buddy. The circles are just test cuts. But I'll cut you some cock and balls if you want...
How about a giant Cock'nBalls where the balls are RM logos.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
That'd be climbing for an hour and a half in 95 degree, 0 humidity air, with no shade and moondust all around/up in everything.
That might make an impact! I was out in the desert (Vantage) and it was over 100... my finger pads actually blistered from touching the rock, it was cookin'!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That might make an impact! I was out in the desert (Vantage) and it was over 100... my finger pads actually blistered from touching the rock, it was cookin'!
Ah, different climbings being referred to, too. I think he (and I) are talking about granny gear slogs up fire roads on two wheeled conveyances. No hanging off of crags by fingertips involved.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I was gonna ride my bike tonight...

Until I learned about the real and constant danger of exploding rocks.

Skip to 2:00 and you'll never look at trails the same way.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So the house fan I installed... Advertised as two dual speed fans. Well they definitely are not dual speed fans. Pretty fucking pissed right now. :rant:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So the house fan I installed... Advertised as two dual speed fans. Well they definitely are not dual speed fans. Pretty fucking pissed right now. :rant:
0 and running qualifies as two speeds. If it runs, STFU.

Install a Variable Frequency drive and get all the speeds you could ever want.

Last edited: