Quantcast

This isn't an 888 rc3 evo 2 is it?

Killingtonvt

Monkey
Sep 19, 2005
Bellingham, WA
It looks like a 2008, if I remember correctly. They copied and pasted this years specs...

This did make me laugh though...
-Marzocchi Direct mount headset included!

dytrdr5

Chimp
Feb 10, 2010
that is what I had thought, just wanted to make sure. I have contacted the guy and let him know that he is wrong, I will give him the benefit of doubt and assume he is unknowledgeable about it. I would still buy it from him but not for $600

Optimax150

Monkey
Aug 1, 2008
Japan
Yeah it's a 2008 with the white lowers, 2009 has grey. 600.00 is pretty expensive, I paid a tad over that for my 2008 888 RC3 three years ago. If your looking for a fork I think go-ride has a 2011 RC3 EVO TI for about a grand.

staike

Monkey
May 19, 2011
Norway
The picture must be wrong. The picture is of a 2008, specs are for a 2012. In the photo it shows the old upper crown with the marzocchi stem, but the specs say it's the new 4 bolt pattern upper crown. Somethings smells fishy, I would stay away.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The picture must be wrong. The picture is of a 2008, specs are for a 2012. In the photo it shows the old upper crown with the marzocchi stem, but the specs say it's the new 4 bolt pattern upper crown. Somethings smells fishy, I would stay away.
He just copied the specs. Nothing fishy, probably just lazy.

dytrdr5

Chimp
Feb 10, 2010
and the truth comes out, guy changed the ad now. Hopefully you were right norbar, I tend to go right to scammer.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I find that hard to believe, but rider reports are suggesting there isn't much difference, and therefore it's questionable whether it's worth the money or not.

Still, it's hard to argue with the layers of flavor that the 888 provides...go-ride has last year's ti model for this years steel price, the CR is a banger of a fork for a couple hundred less, and used ones are going for cheap. Plus, you can always upgrade to Avy internals if you're feeling bullcrew-spending craze wealthy.

dytrdr5

Chimp
Feb 10, 2010
I rarely ever feel bullcrew-spending craze wealthy, I am usually on a budget since I only ride DH on 2-4 trips a year since I live in Houston, Tx. Maybe this is the year to say screw it and go for it.

baca262

Monkey
Aug 16, 2011
A few 'guru's on mtb-news argue that on paper the cr-cartridge is better than the evo.
on paper it is - inverted spring loaded ifp damper that automatically adjusts it's oil volume (the cr) vs. non inverted open bath cartridge (think normal avy cart vs. the new fox avy cart), none have shimmed rebound piston which is quite disappointing. the only real advantage that you could actually feel to the cr is that the damping always remains consistent since oil can't become aerated like in a open bath. judging by the pics, rc3 damper is slightly better built and has nicer rebound adjuster but that's it.

i would personally rather have the cr damper to tinker with, it might be a bit more unreliable but the 2 o-rings that might blow can be found cheaply anywhere.