Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I only see one thing wrong with the industry:::
People, ones who use words like Analog bike..FUCK OFF...it's a bike you twat, yours is a E-Bikes...real simple...

Oh and not everyone runs an o-chain and schwalbes...I'll let woo slide cause , well he's woo...(get out of jail free card, cause he talks shit and it's usually true and just funny)

I have some gripes like anyone , usually personal preference so I don't voice em, just try and enjoy and try new stuff ..

BUT this "analog" bullshit just irritates me like the word moist, spicy, and mumble rap...

Oh SCREW IT... secretly I hate everyone...they are all breathing my air ..
I agree the correct and only necessary term is "Bike", or "Mountain Bike".

"Amish Bike" has the merit of being funny.

"Muscular Bike" has the merit putting a certain emphasis on the power source.

"Analog Bike" is just stupid and useless.

"Acoustic Bike" is by far the worst and I can get really worked up by by how wrong and cringy this is. (I believe the term "Acoustic Bike" should be reserved for the old Norco VPS, Foes DHS Mono, or other noisy hydroformed frames from over 20 years ago.)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
"Acoustic Bike" is by far the worst and I can get really worked up by by how wrong and cringy this is. (I believe the term "Acoustic Bike" should be reserved for the old Norco VPS, Foes DHS Mono, or other noisy hydroformed frames from over 20 years ago.)
I had an old norco shore I filled up with spray foam insulation

it was still pretty loud

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I agree the correct and only necessary term is "Bike", or "Mountain Bike".

"Amish Bike" has the merit of being funny.

"Muscular Bike" has the merit putting a certain emphasis on the power source.

"Analog Bike" is just stupid and useless.

It's pretty simple, mountain bike (bike) and mopeds. :brows:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
that decision formed when i moved from the flat gravel grounds of berlin to the hills of freiburg. got it when i decided to move to the real mountains.

what’s your excuse?
dude. you have to pedal a bit so you got a moped? booooooo. but you work for a bike shop so i guess you have to rep what you sell to the fatties....

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
dude. you have to pedal a bit so you got a moped? booooooo. but you work for a bike shop so i guess you have to rep what you sell to the fatties....
nope, don’t even stock the kenevo. like i said earlier, our shops a different. we foremost sell parts, accessories and clothing AND bikes. totally different perspective. our bike lineup is quite small, we mostly have 3-8 models per category. people come to
us because we have stuff in stock, A LOT OF STUFF. bikes we sell make are only about 30% of total sales. so no, i don’t need to rep what i sell. i sell because of good service and lengthy consulting sessions where we do proportional measurements of the riders for finding the right size and fitting.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My Titan works fine, never once have I considered there might be something that needs fixing on it.

That thing just looks flex and you also loose any chain retention on the actual chainring.

Plus at that price, yeah no thanks.