Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I hear you,I just don’t think that is that much of a problem?

If you were a Pro XC Racer,then I would sit up in my chair and listen.

I mean,we tend to stay Low in a gear when climbing,then get Higher when we tire.

You are talking about a slight bit of more friction on a shift. The Shift is Proper on Both. It ain’t F1.

Avy
You go into a higher gear when you tire? Impressive.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
You go into a higher gear when you tire? Impressive.
So Jm,you must have been a big fan of Rapid Rise? Or no,wrong paddle? There was nothing as smooth as that,like it or not.

Avy

Jm,did you like Rapid Rise or not?

Avy

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Have had some creaking/knocking or some weird noise from the front of my bike, which has been getting worse.

I just took the headset out and the upper was quite gritty and rough feeling. Replaced it with another bearing and moved on to drink another beer.

Imagine if I had to deal with that through headset cable routing? I'd be looking at replacing the derailleur cable, bleeding the brake and drinking 4x as much beer.

How many of these brands that are doing headset routing also have a sustainable bullshit page?

There is no upside to that kind of cable routing. Looks be damned.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Have had some creaking/knocking or some weird noise from the front of my bike, which has been getting worse.

I just took the headset out and the upper was quite gritty and rough feeling. Replaced it with another bearing and moved on to drink another beer.

Imagine if I had to deal with that through headset cable routing? I'd be looking at replacing the derailleur cable, bleeding the brake and drinking 4x as much beer.

How many of these brands that are doing headset routing also have a sustainable bullshit page?

There is no upside to that kind of cable routing. Looks be damned.
But, how come you had already an upper gritty and rough bearing? More grease, less beer? :brows: :rolleyes:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
But, how come you had already an upper gritty and rough bearing? More grease, less beer? :brows: :rolleyes:
It's the one thing I didn't touch when I had the bike taken apart over winter.

Go figure. :busted:

If this isn't the source of the sound, methinks I'll be looking for a deal on a Fox 38 in the future.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Smashpot foot studs.

Fucking things are so tight you think you are going to shatter the lowers when you hit it with what seems like way way to much force. It just sits there laughing. Then you say, oh ya? - and get out the ball-peen to replace the dead-blow. You then proceed to give your thumb a real good whack. And the footstud just laughs harder.

Don't ask me how I know. :disgust:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Smashpot foot studs.

Fucking things are so tight you think you are going to shatter the lowers when you hit it with what seems like way way to much force. It just sits there laughing. Then you say, oh ya? - and get out the ball-peen to replace the dead-blow. You then proceed to give your thumb a real good whack. And the footstud just laughs harder.

Don't ask me how I know. :disgust:
Just do it like we did back in the day with Marzocchi. Impact wrench. I bet it won't stand up to UGGAS.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Just got an email from RaceFace about their Turbine and Era bars. All different widths, rise and colors! Altogether, about 150 options!

Click on the link and they're all out of stock but 1 choice...

Maybe choose better timing of your emails?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Just got an email from RaceFace about their Turbine and Era bars. All different widths, rise and colors! Altogether, about 150 options!

Click on the link and they're all out of stock but 1 choice...

Maybe choose better timing of your emails?
You can choose any as long as its that one!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Arrrgh, she went off with a bang today.
Seems when I thought was slipping when the hub was new was the outer section of the pawls coming off then the next bangs were the pawls snapping.

I'm not sure if they are case hardened or chrome plated but the edges are peeling on the other ones.
I don't think it's my grease of choice or my assembly, I think I just got a dud.
IMG_20240413_165725.jpg

PXL_20240413_070532594.jpg

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Just realized after GCN got killed now the only way of watching the world cup I can find for my country (and many others) is Eurosport. Since they have no app that means - traditional, linear tv only? Ffs really?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Ah yes there is a hidden TV app that's not visible in either Samsung TV store nor Apple TV store. Why did I think a TV station might have a live TV app that's not available for TV's. That's so logical it must have designed by Sethimus and he's being catty because he's definding his life's achievement. Sorry bro.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Nobody said it couldn't be done. They said it *shouldn't* be done.

But hey, progress is progress. Now if they can just figure out a way to mount flat, low rise narrow flat handlebars on there, we can recreate the late 90's mountain bike, but more expensive.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Here's the official UCI instergraim showing footage of Benoit Coulanges winning a Downhill WC to kick off their... *checks notes* uh, XC coverage