Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Small family owned drinks business 51% shareholder and net worth of 27+billion USD owners dun good! :thumb:

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
Not sure, I got a spot as a volley marshal/course sweep for the Trans NZ enduro and I think it clashes. If that doesn't work out, I'll come and drunken heckle at Hardline. You going?
Trying to. Work in Nsw might interfere. Ill do the gravity fest and get on some Ciders for the hardline. Fingers crossed

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
What's right is there are still some industry jobs that fly you to Queenstown & Rotorua. Any Monkeys wanna ride Queenstown or Wanaka Jan 2-6? How about Rotorua or Raglan area Jan 21-26?
Yes, but I can't make it then :p

I think it's 9 years since I camped/rode NZ.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

Made right by the caption on the link
1703193464142.png

Good thing I'm using my primitive 27.5 wheels as my excuse and that's not on their list.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
Just watched. Man get off my lawn…its so much better back then. And i watched it live back then! But its better watching back then now. Doesnt make sense
Maybe its the loam and grass and more importantly running shorts still

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
OK so who bought all the forks?! Dammit! Guess I need to get in line...

Nine One - PUSH Industries
It has said "sold out" for weeks, I don't think any have been sold/available yet.

This went out 2 days ago to the email "wait list";

What a Journey this has been
Are we there yet?

Let me first start by thanking you all for your tremendous support of our fork project. This has certainly taken far longer to complete than we had hoped.

So what happened? We showed the fork in April of 2023 and then you waited......and waited....and waited. Then, you waited some more.

In April while we were showing the fork to the world at the Sea Otter Classic, our talented manufacturing staff was back at HQ running full-speed ahead with our first production run. Development, destructive testing, chassis testing, dyno testing, and endless in-feild ride testing.....all completed over the previous 3 years.

Unfortunately, production delays out of our control began to arise. Raw material supply, various vendor components, and some of the very simple yet vital components started to run late. By July we had thousands of the most beautiful machined parts on the shelf ready to go, but sadly were still missing certain pieces to the puzzle.

We've felt frustration, confusion, and exhaustion as we've poured years of our work into what internally has been known as Project 9.1.

Today as I write this, I'm happy to report that nearly all of those frustrations are behind us. Below is a glimpse of the evolution of Project 9.1.... Product Nine.One.

Thank you again for your patience. I look forward to telling you all about it very soon,

Darren Murphy
PUSH Industries

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
It has said "sold out" for weeks, I don't think any have been sold/available yet.

This went out 2 days ago to the email "wait list";

What a Journey this has been
Are we there yet?

Let me first start by thanking you all for your tremendous support of our fork project. This has certainly taken far longer to complete than we had hoped.

So what happened? We showed the fork in April of 2023 and then you waited......and waited....and waited. Then, you waited some more.

In April while we were showing the fork to the world at the Sea Otter Classic, our talented manufacturing staff was back at HQ running full-speed ahead with our first production run. Development, destructive testing, chassis testing, dyno testing, and endless in-feild ride testing.....all completed over the previous 3 years.

Unfortunately, production delays out of our control began to arise. Raw material supply, various vendor components, and some of the very simple yet vital components started to run late. By July we had thousands of the most beautiful machined parts on the shelf ready to go, but sadly were still missing certain pieces to the puzzle.

We've felt frustration, confusion, and exhaustion as we've poured years of our work into what internally has been known as Project 9.1.

Today as I write this, I'm happy to report that nearly all of those frustrations are behind us. Below is a glimpse of the evolution of Project 9.1.... Product Nine.One.

Thank you again for your patience. I look forward to telling you all about it very soon,

Darren Murphy
PUSH Industries
Yeah but is it better than an Intend darren?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Got my girlfriend's suspensions back from S4. They offered her color choices for sag indicator, and also made threads to put a cap on the rebound adjuster. Good stuff.

1000006350.jpg

1000006348.jpg

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
one is to see how much travel you're getting and the other is to make sure it's topping out

when you get back from a ride, the bottom out one should be at the top and the topout one should be on the bottom. If this isn't happening you need to mail back the fork immediately
Can you start a genuine mis-information tuning/review media channel masquerading as genuine. Basically 180 degrees on everything now. *

*besides vorsprung

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Can you start a genuine mis-information tuning/review media channel masquerading as genuine. Basically 180 degrees on everything now. *

*besides vorsprung

I used to talk to steve pretty regularly over getting him to try shit to fix existing garbage. Our repore was good enough that I think creating a channel that specifically targets stuff he does would be fucking hilarious. Talk down to him like a weagle, get a pissy back and forth going while being so obviously wrong you couldn't not laugh. He's the only person in suspension tuning with a sense of humor. He'd laugh his ass off, especially once he found out it was me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
one is to see how much travel you're getting and the other is to make sure it's topping out

when you get back from a ride, the bottom out one should be at the top and the topout one should be on the bottom. If this isn't happening you need to mail back the fork immediately
I have a third to measure mid stroke support

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
In the latest Pinkbike podcast episode with Greg Minnaar, he said "Internal routing isn't good for racers. We need to have brakes ready and bled, ready to install quick if something happens. It's not time to mess with changing a lever and re-bleed the brake between runs, it's too stressful for racers and mechanics, we don't have time for that anymore, especially with the new format."

I will listen to the other episodes with him tonight, but he was very professionnal and enthusiastic about his move to Norco. He said nothing negative on the Syndicate, but he seemed a bit bitter about his last year with them.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
In the latest Pinkbike podcast episode with Greg Minnaar, he said "Internal routing isn't good for racers. We need to have brakes ready and bled, ready to install quick if something happens. It's not time to mess with changing a lever and re-bleed the brake between runs, it's too stressful for racers and mechanics, we don't have time for that anymore, especially with the new format."

I will listen to the other episodes with him tonight, but he was very professionnal and enthusiastic about his move to Norco. He said nothing negative on the Syndicate, but he seemed a bit bitter about his last year with them.
It kind of sounded like the team wasn't as on point as it could have been.

Kathy Sessler is back as well.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Sounds like he just needs brakes that work. I'm seeing shimano rotors on his old and new bikes, can't make out the detail of the caliper, but, ahem, if them are shimano brakes...well....

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
It's interesting to me that he hired Kathy Sessler. I'm in no way an insider, but I seem to remember some sort of gripes about her from the Syndicate camp a few years back. I think she exited around the time PON took over SC.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's interesting to me that he hired Kathy Sessler. I'm in no way an insider, but I seem to remember some sort of gripes about her from the Syndicate camp a few years back. I think she exited around the time PON took over SC.
I thought it was more related to her husband being sick or passing away or something of that nature?

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I am trying to troubleshoot something, and shot DT Swiss USA an email. They replied within 12 minutes with a very thorough and detailed response.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

So basically he said what anyone who has done a race knows. You crash and then you need to replace a brake lever and you waste time. Even more annoying when you don't have a mechanic and you are wasting training time.

Sounds like he just needs brakes that work. I'm seeing shimano rotors on his old and new bikes, can't make out the detail of the caliper, but, ahem, if them are shimano brakes...well....
I'm one of the weird people who had relatively small problems with Shimanos (inconsistent bite) but had horrible experiences with Sram every time. My code R's fade like crazy and require insane squeezing.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I am trying to troubleshoot something, and shot DT Swiss USA an email. They replied within 12 minutes with a very thorough and detailed response.
They've always been good when I've emailed them for information too.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
So basically he said what anyone who has done a race knows. You crash and then you need to replace a brake lever and you waste time. Even more annoying when you don't have a mechanic and you are wasting training time.
The number of last minute fixes I've had to do before a race run is crazy. (@Udi - remember trying to force an unbeaded tyre back onto the rim - in the start gate - without letting out too much air to make it unrideable)

Any bike being sold as a "race-specific" bike shouldn't have stupid shit that makes it hard to swap brakes, shocks etc. That stuff is fine for influencer types that want uncluttered Insta bangers and carpark posing shots but not for anyone racing at any level.

I know we're still hating on Enduro (RIP EWS) but the amount of dodgy shit that gets done to keep a bike running is half the fun on the long events. So many good bodge stories.