Quantcast

%%ThirstyThursdayCrew%%

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Paycheck posted a day early. Win. Expenses for the month are already accounted for, and the rest off to my Betterment down payment account. With any luck my tax refund will get deposited in the next few weeks as well, and it shall too disappear into the investment hidey-hole as soon as that happens.

:thumb:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Winter Pilgrimage just 2 days away...

Looks like perhaps Taos will be the destination this year.
looks like that Baja Low is gonna give the SW some much needed precip. they are calling for 9" on our local hill & over a foot over at Brian Head.

Now if Mammoth could get hit, that may be our spring destination.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just returned from my 12yos b-day party at tepanyaki place.
I was the sacrificial sake lamb when it came to grill dudes squeeze bottle of booze.
Hammered.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Verizon somehow screwed up data logging for my account. It claimed my iPhone has used essentially a whole gigabyte of data in 2 days. (Usually we're under 1 GB between two phones and one Chromebook for a month.)

10:00 PM: Email and text saying I've used 75% of my data plan for the month (which reset on the 27th).
10:02 PM: 90% hit.
10:03 PM: over the cap.

I called them and they said they have a back end problem with the logging. Trouble ticket in. At this rate I'll be liable for thousands of dollars in data overage!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
They "fixed" it by assigning 1 GB of usage to "promo usage" (uncharged, I hope?), leaving our shared data usage above that as 80 MB so far, which much more closely resembles reality.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Apart from this I've been happier with their service as compared to CenturyLink. Apples to oranges with mobile and DSL, but they at least deliver speeds as promised. My "40 Mbps" DSL service nets me all of 1-5 Mbps on the speed test sites usually.