Quantcast

Things that most piss you off with your bike??

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
its a strange post but i was just wondering what things on bikes annoyed people..:disgust1:

mine have to be my saint discs, every ride i have to readjust them to stop rub, and secondly lol rear shocks that are so complicated that one turn of a nob and the whole shock is runied...oh and rear shocks you cant get to, you have to take apart the frame to adjust...

just a few, and yours?

ridea

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
south west of England
everything allways being loose, brakes never realy working propperly, the whole bike never feeling right especially the bars. Everything feeling like it has grit in it or that it needs a service, punctures not really on my dh bike but i got one the other day! oh and not being able to find a bike that i really want to buy that is even avaliable! ooh can i go on about lack of lightweight comfortable bodyarmour or is just the bike itself. Rant over......for now

and god dam shock bushings that last one ride mabey two if im lucky!

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
that i don't get to ride it enough. Other than that the lack of cable routing guides on the front end of my morewood. It means they move round and rub and wreck the paint.

Feb 8, 2007
Wow. I ride and wrench to escape things that piss me off. I guess you can find frustration in everything if you look hard enough.

But it would be nice if there were standard sizes for everything, generally speaking.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
haven't found a set of brakes that i happy with yet.:disgust1:

chain slap pisses me off quite a bit, and having a whole dh run when you can only hear your tires is just heaven....

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
always having something that has some play in it (bushings, headset, etc.)
drivetrain not properly working and skipping
bent derailleur hangers
weird cable routing

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
weak lock-on grip interface. i get play in every set of lock on grips in <2 months. single grub-bolt bar ends, the kind that replace your outer grip lock, they always slip on me too. pedal pins falling out. when your chain breaks and sends your face to the ground. standard sizing is like world peace, everyone wants it, but not enough to give up theirs. allen heads smaller then 3mm on any bolt that requires torque(c'mon people, use your heads). mounting some tires, ect.
theres a rant for ya.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
It pisses me off when my bike is clean and someone drools on it. ;)

Oh, that and having the number 1 plate at the Open sucks too since everyone is expecting Sam Hill speed instead of 50% of Sam Hill Speed :)

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
parts creaking, and not being about to figure out what it is
I second that...my bike has always dont that since the day I bought it.

I would also like to add...my fork never feels the same when I get on my bike, my tires never seem to have enough air in them for hard impacts, I can never keep my wheels trued, my chain will get a faint rust easily (even after lube), I have to move my seat a number of times in a given ride for easier pedaling.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Bike parts that require a screwdriver - HI/LO adjuster on rear mech and the top cap on Saint reservoirs.

Lack of standards for seatpost sizes and integrated stem mounts.

Lack of stupid wide bars in low rise.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I second that...my bike has always dont that since the day I bought it.

I would also like to add...my fork never feels the same when I get on my bike, my tires never seem to have enough air in them for hard impacts, I can never keep my wheels trued, my chain will get a faint rust easily (even after lube), I have to move my seat a number of times in a given ride for easier pedaling.
AAAHHH! My bikey no creeky! Its almost silent except for the I9 rear hub.
I finally got a build thats literally silent even quiet on the gnarly stuff. Use teh rubbery water pipe thermal self adhesive tape and say by by to chain slap noise. My fsa gaps with outboard mega exo bearing dont creek like my old isis did. Now if we can find an answer to wet or dusty brake squeal!

Creaks and flexy components :plthumbsdown:

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
AAAHHH! My bikey no creeky! Its almost silent except for the I9 rear hub.
I finally got a build thats literally silent even quiet on the gnarly stuff. Use teh rubbery water pipe thermal self adhesive tape and say by by to chain slap noise. My fsa gaps with outboard mega exo bearing dont creek like my old isis did. Now if we can find an answer to wet or dusty brake squeal!

Creaks and flexy components :plthumbsdown:
Trust me, I use teflon tape. Im just beginning to think i need to put it on every part that has threads

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
- My rear CK hub that gets loose.

-Flats that don't make any sense.
I switched my tire and used a new tube. I hadn't ridden it yet and it was flat the next day.

-My drivetrain that doesn't stay in tune. I really hate pedaling for my double and having to skip it or hit my knee on my crown because it shifted by itself.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
haven't found a set of brakes that i happy with yet.:disgust1:

chain slap pisses me off quite a bit, and having a whole dh run when you can only hear your tires is just heaven....
buy a brooklyn