Feb 12, 2003
watching sam harris' video on free will

he would argue that thought is anything but random

is there a thread for those thoughts?

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I'm ready for the presidential elections to be over with. I'm so sick of those lame finger pointing commercials and the retarded inaccurate propaganda constantly being reposted on FB.

Rant over.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I just hate politics to begin with..... Starting with the fact that rule one in politics is to be fake.... Why can this country/world just go back to how it was... be yourself, if we do not like you we will find someone we do like.....

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
I see so many people now a days in their teens and 20's that I would consider douche bags.

Am I slowly becoming a grumpy old man or is society becoming more douchier?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I see so many people now a days in their teens and 20's that I would consider douche bags.

Am I slowly becoming a grumpy old man or is society becoming more douchier?
most everyone's a cock up then. good lord i know i was.

think about it: of all the teens/20's you've met at every stage in your life, what percentage impressed you for all the right reasons? probably well south of 5%

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
Can we answer with Both?
most everyone's a cock up then. good lord i know i was.

think about it: of all the teens/20's you've met at every stage in your life, what percentage impressed you for all the right reasons? probably well south of 5%
I'm too young to be turning into an old man... I'm only 32.

I think I'm just sick of the whole MTV / Jersey Shore / bratty celebrity / social networking / bullsh!t of society today. When I was a kid all I worried about was partying and doing crazy stuff on my skateboard or bike. Now it seems that all kids worry about is acting like a spoiled brat and if other kids think they are cool online.

Ok, now I am just bitching like an old man. Rant Over. :D

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Last summer I found myself yelling at the neighborhood kids for cutting across my lawn (corner lot) on their dirtbikes and ATVs. I was 25 but felt like I was 57. AND I don't have a Facebook. Go figure.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I want to punch people from CL. I don't understand why people text or call about something for sale and then you never hear from them again....or call and tell you they are coming to look at what you have for sale and never show. If I call on an ad, it's because I want it and I try to get there as soon as possible if I really want it. I have just started mocking people that ask stupid questions or want to trade for a polished Pterodactyl turd that their father gave them.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
So I thought it would be entertaining to buy my brother a shake weight for his Bday, card reads..."Thought you could use this seeing you are a newly wed and one day you will thank me for helping to keep your arm strength up"......

Also like an a hole I used 50 plus walmart plastic bags to wrap it up

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
So I thought it would be entertaining to buy my brother a shake weight for his Bday, card reads..."Thought you could use this seeing you are a newly wed and one day you will thank me for helping to keep your arm strength up"......

Also like an a hole I used 50 plus walmart plastic bags to wrap it up

It's no wonder his marriage has been more successful thus far.

Too soon?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I hate selling cars on CL. People are so f'ing stupid that it never ceases to amaze me. For the 2 normal people that you talk to, 10 call or e-mail about the dumbest things.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
I really hate driving in rush hour traffic to/from work each day.

TAILGATING ME DOES NOT MAKE THE 5 CARS IN FRONT OF ME IN OUR LANE GO ANY FASTER!!!!!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
why does queen elizabeth carry a clutch? i'm pretty sure she has no use for either tampons or hard candy

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
God home theater equipment is effing expensive. My friends dad dropped 25 grand on his home theater a few years ago. Most amazing room I've ever been in though. Music sounds completely different and it's 100x better than a movie theater. I would definitely drop the dough if I had it. But I don't so it just pisses me off :rant:

On a related note, I just bout a 37" Vizio LED tv and I can't stop using it. SO much better! But it's made me realize my mismatched thrift store 5.1 surround sound isn't cutting it. I see myself parting with more money in the near future.

Last edited: