Quantcast

the random thought thread

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
some people ask "why bear mace?" what they should be asking is, "why NOT bear mace?" We're talking about a substance designed to send a clear message of "fvck off" to half ton murder machine that thinks you're on the menu.
Bear mace must hurt sooooo ****ing bad! Pepper spray hurts bad enough so I can't imagine something designed to stop a bear.

And yes, I personally know how much pepper spray hurts.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
bad 1st dates?
Ha ha ha.... no.

Long story short ---> My friend (a girl) had a pepper spray on a keychain that the safety broke. She was having a party and one of my buddies found it in a drawer and it accidently shot up in the air at my buddy and I. Within 5 seconds we were laying on the floor coughing our lungs up. Everyone else at the party found it hilarious.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
even when you know its the right thing to do. it's really hard to stand in front of the social services folks and request an investigation by adult protective services into the living conditions of an older person being cared for by their family.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I had a dream that I was at a table in a bar with a bunch of you monkies... and I had to call you all by your screen names since I don't know your real names. We all drank beer, and I'd like to think it was post ride.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I had a dream that I was at a table in a bar with a bunch of you monkies... and I had to call you all by your screen names since I don't know your real names. We all drank beer, and I'd like to think it was post ride.
Was I there?!

I HATE when people call/refer to others by their usernames if they know their real name when talking to/about them in real life. I don't know why it annoys me so much but it does.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Was I there?!

I HATE when people call/refer to others by their usernames if they know their real name when talking to/about them in real life. I don't know why it annoys me so much but it does.
its best if you can somehow combine the two. for instance, in person i call sandwich "sandy andy".

That being said, jon kranked is a nickname i picked up in high school. When I moved to college (far away), it followed me. What was really funny was that for years some of my friends in rochester (where i went to college) thought that kranked was my actual legal last name.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Was I there?!

its best if you can somehow combine the two. for instance, in person i call sandwich "sandy andy".

That being said, jon kranked is a nickname i picked up in high school. When I moved to college (far away), it followed me. What was really funny was that for years some of my friends in rochester (where i went to college) thought that kranked was my actual legal last name.
You were BOTH there! I also remember BV, IAB, GFF, TreeSaw, and SS... plus a couple more... And Jon said, "You must be Skibunny, pleased to meet you!" Don't know how I knew it was those... it just was ok!

But... I definitely like this combining of names, that sounds fun.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
You were BOTH there! I also remember BV, IAB, GFF, TreeSaw, and SS... plus a couple more... And Jon said, "You must be Skibunny, pleased to meet you!" Don't know how I knew it was those... it just was ok!

You know it was a dream because there's no way Jon would sound that polite.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I demand MS Paint renditions of what you think we look like.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
New albums from Shadows Fall and Tenacious D came out today. Both are available to listen to for free on Spotify.

I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight :thumb:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Why is AT&T, a communications giant, so difficult to deal with ?

They can't email me a contract, want to fax it. WTF

And yes I am on hold while typing this.

Two weeks ago I spent 2.5 hrs on the phone with them and was in the process of agreeing to a new contract when I got disconnected. It's taken two weeks to talk to another agent.

Still holding.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Why is AT&T, a communications giant, so difficult to deal with ?

They can't email me a contract, want to fax it. WTF

And yes I am on hold while typing this.

Two weeks ago I spent 2.5 hrs on the phone with them and was in the process of agreeing to a new contract when I got disconnected. It's taken two weeks to talk to another agent.

Still holding.

Why are you with AT&T to begin with? Maybe the failure to get a contract is a blessing in disguise and a sign to GTFO now.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Why are you with AT&T to begin with? Maybe the failure to get a contract is a blessing in disguise and a sign to GTFO now.
They are the only available ISP for this building. A standard 6.0 DSL costs $120 per month if you don't have it bundled with other services. New contract should be sent out tomorrow. If I add a land line I can get the DSL for $30/mo. This would keep my bill roughly the same as the previous contract.

What drives me nuts with AT&T for small business is that you can't pay the bill at an AT&T store, or online, only by check or by phone to which they tack on a $5 convenience fee. Also the contact no. they print on the small business statement is for their residential department. Where you will be put on hold only to be told later that you need the small business department.

Even though they fail miserable in the communication area, they are far better than dealing with Clearwire.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I do not need another guitar.

Ahhhh, fvck it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Mooshoo and a hipster chick started to have sex in the middle of a dark park. After about 15 minutes of it, Mooshoo finally gets up and says, "Damn, I wish I had a flashlight!". The Hipster chick says, "Me too, you've been eating grass for the past ten minutes

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I feel buying a long board would be the best thing I could do for my health and transportation needs. They are fun as hell too. $80 I am justifying for it. Element 44. The guys from the shop are taking me to the spot tomorrow afternoon to try it out.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I was in the pharmacy the other day. This woman ahead of me had the same Eurocopter promotional tag on her key chain that I have on my laptop bag. I was going to comment on it.......but she was buying tampons.

edit: true story