Quantcast

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Victor - congratulations! She looks beautiful!

After the first few rides, double check the bolts in the linkage to make sure they are secure. Also check the head tube pinch bolts to ensure they are not loose. It will take a few rides for the head tube bolts to reach the point where they no longer need tightening. The rear suspension may feel stiff at first, but that's because the bushings need some time to mate with the shoulder bolt surfaces.

Have fun, and let us know how it goes!

istratetm

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
Glad the frame arrived. For the first few days of riding keep in mind what the boys said. Since the bushings have initial stiction the rebound may feel slow. Don't run it fast, as the bushings break in, the suspension might have too little of rebound damping causing a bit of bucking.
The frame is super. Hope you'll like it. I know i LOVE it!

superpi

Chimp
Oct 14, 2009
What is the weigth of a revolt frame with a rc4?
Mine is 5380 g with seat clamp and 300 lbs spring (stell) on the rc4. (It's a large)
Just fit an Elka Stage 5 ont it. Due to a neck problem (The d3 is good for trash), can't give you no opinion on that change. For me RC4 "hammered" too much on impacts (even with HSC full open, certainly due to a high instant over pressure in the shock) and I never dialed something good with the rebound (too fast deep in the travel, and too slow on low speed damper)

Otherwise, I just want to mention that guys at Evil are great. They send me the spare parts I need (replacement hardware)quickly without asking questions
Hope beeing clear and understandable

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
that looks like a tight fit b/w the bolt and the new gusset, or is it just the angle?
Its not as tight over there, its about 1cm, the angle is tricky, I was far too excited to make better pics yday afternoon.

On the left side tho, the space between the crankset and the new bolts is a few mm, thus I take it if the crack gets bend just a bit there won't be any pedaling done anymore.

Took the bike for the first little ride around the city, very nice tho I haven't installed the new spring and rear break yet.

rIchIe

Chimp
Aug 6, 2010
hey guys

i am thinking to buy a Revolt frame but i dont know wich size i should buy... im 1,83mt what size do you recommend me ?

tks

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
richie, I'd say that at 1.83m (6 feet tall for us Yanks) you are in between a Medium and a Large. What is the size of the current bike you ride and who is it made by? What is the length of your stem?

I am 5'11" (1.80m) and feel fine on a Medium with a stem that is 50mm long - but that's my personal preference - your preference may be a different one...

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
... maybe, but judging by the picture I'd say he's more literate and well-read than all of us over here in the States... :D

Obviously you've never seen me ride in my fish-net jersey...
JOKES.

Nice ride Victor, congrats on being smarter than an American, it's quite an accomplishment. From the looks of things you'd fit right in over here lol.

Last edited:

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
To answer for some uncertainties, the room that picture was taken in is a bike storage / workout room. I myself don't watch TV at all and thats just there to keep us entertained while exercising, and those books are only a fraction of what's around the house and in the library actually, many of which have been read :P
Also I don't ever show my lard in public, and its not me in that picture as I mentioned before, but there where 36dgr Celsius outside and a real feel of 39 with storm incoming so it was very very hot and steamy in the room with no air-con :)

And afaik, US citizens are not really known for their culture, education and overall worldly knowledge :P

Today I took my first ride on some nearby hills on the Revolt and its amazing if I can say so with my very limited experience and noobish style :)

mihail congrats on your Evil, looks amazingly...dark, and evil :) I wish you all the best with the frame and may your chain stay tight and the bike true.

Now for something less pleasant, while building up the bike I came across something I think its quite a bit of an issue, the support for the rear break caliper isn't paralel to the disk, its very very hard to take a picture of this but after a few minutes trying to find a good setup for the caliper I looked closely and saw that the support was bend a bit in the inside towards the wheel, thought the thick paint on it was the problem, took it off and polished the spot - still not perfect but ridable - the disk doesn't touch the pads now but its not perfectly aliened either.

Also I can't see the serial number on the frame, the middle 2-3 numbers are covered with paint so bad that I can't see what they are tbh, maybe someone from Evil could tell me what serial frame nr. 164 has :)

Also I didn't get any warranty thingie I heard we should send to Evil hq?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Today I took my first ride on some nearby hills on the Revolt and its amazing if I can say so with my very limited experience and noobish style :)

Now for something less pleasant, while building up the bike I came across something I think its quite a bit of an issue, the support for the rear break caliper isn't paralel to the disk, its very very hard to take a picture of this but after a few minutes trying to find a good setup for the caliper I looked closely and saw that the support was bend a bit in the inside towards the wheel, thought the thick paint on it was the problem, took it off and polished the spot - still not perfect but ridable - the disk doesn't touch the pads now but its not perfectly aliened either.

Also I can't see the serial number on the frame, the middle 2-3 numbers are covered with paint so bad that I can't see what they are tbh, maybe someone from Evil could tell me what serial frame nr. 164 has :)

Also I didn't get any warranty thingie I heard we should send to Evil hq?
Hmmm... no warranty card? I'll ask the boys in the front office if they can mail one out to you.

If the brake mount on the swing arm is a bit off (from damage during transit?) there are 2 ways to correct this:

1) Use thin washers to shim (wedge) in between the brake mounting tab on the frame and the I.S. mount bolted to the caliper. The trick is estimating just how thick the washer(s) need to be.

2) Brake Tab Facing Tool. Something like this:
http://www.cheapbikeparts360.com/cycling/cts-motorsports-bike-disc-brake-tools-bike-tools/

This should re-align the caliper on the brake tab properly.

Hope this helps!

mihail: BADASS!

Last edited:

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
I'm 99.99% sure the brake mount wasn't damaged due to good packing and no visible damage to box or frame,also its a very tough part to bend, it was either poorly welded or bend sometime during assembly. Not a huge problem tho. Interesting too you have there, was thinking of building one myself because I never saw one around these parts. Using washers is not something I would consider due to the small space between the caliper adapter and break rotor especially since its the new shimano aluminum thingie.

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
if your disc brake mount is slightly misaligned, you definitely want to take your frame to a quality bike store and let them have a look, and then have them run a disc brake facing tool over it

if its severly misaligned its best to speak to the dealer you got the frame from, as you don't want to remove too much metal from the disc mount (using a facing tool) to leave its strength compromised

with many designs the disc brake mount and dropout are one piece, which means severly misaligned disc brake mount can also mean misaligned dropout with implications for the rear wheel axle setup

we have an excellent Hope facing tool in our workshop, which has been used on numerous occasions to face disc brake mounts correctly, usually from paint overspray or too much paint, occasionally just for slight misalignment

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
Beside being quite expensive the decals look more like a commercial to the Slik brand more and less than a nice way to customize/personalize your bike.

P.S. I'm not sponsored by any company, worked hard for the money I pay to ride and to buy the bike and don't want to advertise for any brand whatsoever.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Beside being quite expensive the decals look more like a commercial to the Slik brand more and less than a nice way to customize/personalize your bike.

P.S. I'm not sponsored by any company, worked hard for the money I pay to ride and to buy the bike and don't want to advertise for any brand whatsoever.
i agree. if it didnt have the company's name everywhere it might be okay...either way, i hate stickers.

ollyforster

Chimp
Dec 9, 2009
Reading the stuff on here makes me want to not get an Evil revolt, they just look like there a pain in the ass to own. I've had 2 Iron Horse Sundays and you had to do bits and bobs to those too, but then I got a Demo, built it, dialed in the shock and then, well just went rode some DH. No faffing. But then it is boring, it is a Specialized and I totally get the Evil appeal, especially the fluro yellow one which is a colour option you can't get in the UK. Anyway, 2011 Revolts, are they past the faff and on to the money?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
. Anyway, 2011 Revolts, are they past the faff and on to the money?
from the sounds of it yes. mine comes tomorrow morning (shoulda been today, thanks FedEx) and ill let ya know

edit: correction. FedEx is full of sh!t and they have no idea when the package when arrive. fvck you very much fedex

Last edited:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
from the sounds of it yes. mine comes tomorrow morning (shoulda been today, thanks FedEx) and ill let ya know
I will chase you for a re-review in a while. My big $ is slow to come, but as long as I have it and thereby a new frame by next season.

Finger's crossed the H8 will only be for Rice!!

AiTHOR

Chimp
Aug 22, 2010
Hi everybody:

First i want to present cause i am new at the forum. My name is Aitor from Spain, 22 and for a week i am in the wait list for a Revolt frame in Fanatik.

I have read all the worldwideweb about the frame and like +100 threads at this forum and it really helps me with some doubts... so thanks, this is really helpfull.

I have decided to register and write because i am wondering about frame sizing... yes, again, the same question that everybody does (sizing charts are in the first thread.....).....

I would like to know the opinion of anybody who has ride a 951 in Medium size. Or a V10 (2007) in Small size.

I am like 6'1 or 1'86m and i have ride a 951 in Medium size and it fits perfect to me, the 951 has a 30mm stem. Also i have ridden a V10 Smal size and it´s really small for me or for my knees haha.

So, basing me on my experiences and looking geometries of this three frames, i decided to chose a Medium size because it´s similar to a 951.....

But....... reading this forum i have seen that everybody with my height and less, recommends a L size...

I don´t know, i am really wondering about, I want a playable bike, i come from a freeride bike...

Too much words... yes i know, but hope somebody could help me.

Many thanks.

AiTOR

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Has nobody ride a medium 951 and a medium Revolt?
I have. The med Evil feels slightly longer in the reach than the med 951, but the 951 has a longer wheelbase. I'd think a medium revolt would be fine for your height if you prefer a smaller bike, but most people your height would be on a large. I'm 5'10" and I think the med Revolt feels great, and I used to own a med 951 that I also thought was a real good fit.

istratetm

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
the long Revolt is for you. no question about that. don't go medium. it's small. in fact Evil current sizes should be marked like this: XS, S, M, L.
i am 176 cm tall and the M seems that i'm going over the bars so i got an L. i used to ride Demo's befor wich are fairly long. i feel comfortable on the L so the XL should be also an option for you if you ride fast and steep tracks.

here is a link to a picture of me(176 cm tall) on a Long frame, so you can have an image. hope it helps!

http://www.dirtbike.ro/foto/dh-freeride/1-dh-freeride-in-general/21447-mogosa.htm

Last edited:

Zombies

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
I'd go large if I were you.

I'm 6'2" and have spent lots of time on both Large and XL Revolts. Ideally I'd want one between the two sizes. The large isn't much bigger than most medium sized DH bikes.

Medium is far too small for me.

AiTHOR

Chimp
Aug 22, 2010
What a difficult choice... I forgot to say i ride a Medium Sunday and it didn´t feel small... And i have read that M Sunday and M Revolt are similar...

Thanks guys for answer.

istratetm

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
What a difficult choice... I forgot to say i ride a Medium Sunday and it didn´t feel small... And i have read that M Sunday and M Revolt are similar...

Thanks guys for answer.
the L Revolt is somewhere between the medium and long Sunday

Glisseur

Chimp
Jan 16, 2009
Åre, Sweden
IH8Rice, any idea how to mount the new hardware? Got a new set waiting to be installed, just not sure exactly how to do it. The shoulder bolts are pretty obvious but where do you put the plastic washers, and how should the dog-bone be placed?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
IH8Rice, any idea how to mount the new hardware? Got a new set waiting to be installed, just not sure exactly how to do it. The shoulder bolts are pretty obvious but where do you put the plastic washers, and how should the dog-bone be placed?
didnt actually look if the dog-bones were specific to fit one way or another. i left the bolts in there when i took them out so i didnt inspect to see if they were different. i thought the new gusset would get in the way, but it apparently has just enough clearance to take the bolts out.
those plastic washers go b/w the dog-bone links and the DELTA link.

shoulder bolt/one-piece bushing/dog-bone/washer/DELTA link.