Quantcast

Taking bets on when my 303 WCDH gets here!

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Ordered my 2012 Yeti 303WCDH frame last week.

Now the waiting game begins. I think I should start some sort of betting pool here on RM as to when it gets delivered.

Anyone ever dealt with Yeti on their new frames and delivery times? I know they're not really out yet, but they are taking orders.

I'm just hoping this isn't a redux of when I ordered the new 2007 Santa Cruz V10. Supposed to get it in March, wasn't even an option or a glimmer of hope by the Sea Otter.

Hopefully I'll have it before it gets into the 110* range here in Phoenix!

BigBoi

Monkey
Oct 31, 2011
Long Island, NY
Ordered my 2012 Yeti 303WCDH frame last week.

Now the waiting game begins. I think I should start some sort of betting pool here on RM as to when it gets delivered.

Anyone ever dealt with Yeti on their new frames and delivery times? I know they're not really out yet, but they are taking orders.

I'm just hoping this isn't a redux of when I ordered the new 2007 Santa Cruz V10. Supposed to get it in March, wasn't even an option or a glimmer of hope by the Sea Otter.

Hopefully I'll have it before it gets into the 110* range here in Phoenix!
I heard the frame may be available in XL. Where did you order your frame from?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I ordered mine in PA.

I am hoping for April, that would be optimal. However, I am not going to hold my breath. Last time I did that I got worked up into a murderous rage when it came to Santa Cruz and one of their reps who I still hope gets hit by a bus.

I love Yeti. I'm a bit too much of a fanboi for that brand. So I am just going to sit back, relax, wait for the frame to hit my dealer, and then about a week after that it'll hit my doorstep.

But if Yeti is reading this, I'd be your best buddy if I got it before the end of April. It gets butt-hole hot down here after that.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...and the Yeti thanks you for that sir.

No one wants to contribute to wild conjecture and erroneous accusations.

That would just be irresponsible.

:)

riderfalls

Chimp
Jun 15, 2011
Pennsylvania
Well, I can't comment on Yeti, but I ordered an Intense before Christmas and it just got to the shop last week. The fork showed up and they were all set to build it, when Fox called them and said they shipped the wrong year fork, so now it'll be a week or so more.....And right now, we're having the warmest January for a while in PA. So I'm guessing middle of May. Good luck.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
April 1: They will be close to shipping.
April 19: They will be close to shipping.
April 25: Hold-up due to scheduling snafu with powder coater.
April 30th: Leaving Golden enroute to Port of NY to get loaded in a container.
May 5: Container siezed by Customs due to questionable contents from another shipper.
May 16: Container released by Customs for loading onto Oz-bound freighter flying a Portugese flag.
May 29: Freighter rounds the Horn enroute to Oz.
June 3: Freighter boarded by Somalian pirates; crew captured; 8 containers seized; 2 lost overboard, including one containing shipment of Yeti bikes/frames.
June 20: Replacement frame put on backorder awaiting receipt of next production run.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
if anybody is interested i have a 303 wcdh for sale, not the 2012, but the 2011 limited edition.

can't ride because i destroyed both hands last fall, and it doesn't make sense to keep it...
size L

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
April 1: They will be close to shipping.
April 19: They will be close to shipping.
April 25: Hold-up due to scheduling snafu with powder coater.
April 30th: Leaving Golden enroute to Port of NY to get loaded in a container.
May 5: Container siezed by Customs due to questionable contents from another shipper.
May 16: Container released by Customs for loading onto Oz-bound freighter flying a Portugese flag.
May 29: Freighter rounds the Horn enroute to Oz.
June 3: Freighter boarded by Somalian pirates; crew captured; 8 containers seized; 2 lost overboard, including one containing shipment of Yeti bikes/frames.
June 20: Replacement frame put on backorder awaiting receipt of next production run.

Sounds exactly like dealing with Santa Cruz! The only real change here is I really like the guys at Yeti, and hope it does not come down to having to punch anyone this time around.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I don't think most of them are built in CO anymore. Not sure about the real high end ones or not.
Wish they still were, but at $3k for the frame, I can live with them not being built there anymore.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Putting it on their website would be a good start. I'm interested to see the exact specs on the build for the complete.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Team issue and prototypes are still made in-house. CNC machine lurks in the back corner of the building. Production runs are done overseas. Used to be able to tell readily which ones were domestic, as they were the only frames allowed to sport the team colors. Lines got blurred on that around the time the 303R was introduced.

Putting it on their website would be a good start. I'm interested to see the exact specs on the build for the complete.
Supposed to be up any day now. I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you. I think you will be impressed

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Can you tell me when they're going to start shipping?

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Supposed to be up any day now. I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you. I think you will be impressed
Sweet. Planning on ordering one myself. It's gonna be some guesswork on sizing since I won't be able to test fit one in advance. I usually like small DH frames but since they offer 4 sizes i'm leaning toward medium.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
If you know reach and stack figures from frames that have fit you well, that will tell all. They haven't been publishing the numbers but they have them and will be able to give them to you if you ask.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
The upside of being 5'10" and of average length arms and legs is that a Medium will fit me in 99% of brands 99.5% of the time.

If I have it before the middle of April, I'll do a back flip.

And if you've never seen a fat man do a back flip, its something to behold!