Quantcast

$%#@ Taco Tuesday *^%$

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Posted from the afterworld [almost]

Friends wanted to float the Lazy River *2 drink minimum™ and were hankering to paddle upstream and explore some more narrow tributaries...

We made it 5 minutes until our first moose encounter [a ~2 yo female], so we turned around at which point this mom with her 2 calves had decided to join the party -- and we were officially trapped between swamp donkeys...
IMG_20220719_154921247_HDR_copy_2000x1500.jpg

[moose / calf are quite dark but directly ahead of the floater in the willows...]

We waited 20 minutes to see if she would move on, and eventually we decided to try to give her as wide berth as we could but alas the stream was only 12' feed wide here.

I was nominated to go first, and by that time the mom was on the opposite bank as her babies.

She snorted and charged me and I was a bit slow to react... [thank FSM for 30 mgs of "medical" chocolate] but gave two quick back paddles to let her know she had the right away.

She snorted at me some more, called for her kids and finished crossing the stream.

No pants were stained but it was a shitshow to say the least.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Of all the american creative ways how to misuse wood, this must be my most "favorite" one. FTS. :rant:
Mine was rather large, too - the 1st level goes almost the full width of the property. Goddam landscape timbers... dumb asses. And to make things even more entertaining - the two levels in my yard were shared with my neighbor - they didn't even separate the wall between properties. :mad:

1658341154395.png

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Heh - the Sherpas indeed constructed all the dry stone wall you see.

The large walls (lower timber) was just recently replaced by another landscape company...
Good thing rock retaining walls never fail. At least as long as the ground never freezes or has any significant changes in moisture levels so you should be golden.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
We have a dumb wooden retaining thing at our house. I've never thought it was a good design...