Quantcast

$%#@ Taco Tuesday *^%$

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Sup. Coffee consumed. Rodents deterred. Off to stack a couple face cord of firewood for my folks before it gets too hot/humid. Super windy right now so hopefully we can get it done quickly so I can come home and float around in the pool a bit.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went for a nice dip in the lake last night. Might have had one too many beers. :dead:

Le work.

:wave:

Forgot my lunch at home. Ugh.

And crap its already hot as balls out there.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning monkeys! LMFAO!! I feel much better today after a day of covid booster awfulness. I even ran for an hour on the high school track (8 miles done).

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It would be rude if I didn't go ride bikes in the woods. Just maybe not as much climbing as yesterday.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

First buyer backed out, got a guy driving from Medford this morning and 3 guys behind him, so the Vette might get sold today. As sad as it is, it's time. I might get another at some point, maybe an E-ray.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Work and baseboards today. Should be able to finish the vanity and toilet installations tomorrow, which would be a big step towards getting the bathroom done.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Sold!!!

I was asking $7k and homeboy yesterday was talking $5200 because of all the stuff he said he would need to do. I was going to take it and run, but he decided at the last minute to think about it. I posted it on Facebook marketplace last night and got a dozen hits in the first hour.

A few "I got 5 grand cash" but homeboy from Medford asked me to mark it pending and drove up last night. He crashed in a motel in Salem and met me at Safeway at 6:45 this morning. $6700, done deal. I feel pretty good about it.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Sold!!!

I was asking $7k and homeboy yesterday was talking $5200 because of all the stuff he said he would need to do. I was going to take it and run, but he decided at the last minute to think about it. I posted it on Facebook marketplace last night and got a dozen hits in the first hour.

A few "I got 5 grand cash" but homeboy from Medford asked me to mark it pending and drove up last night. He crashed in a motel in Salem and met me at Safeway at 6:45 this morning. $6700, done deal. I feel pretty good about it.
Dude, for that money you cannot even get a decent mountain bike! ;)

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dude, for that money you cannot even get a decent mountain bike! ;)
You're telling me. :(

My used budget is about $2500 and even at that rate the pickings are slim.

I just hope he figures out where the gas door button is (center console) and it doesn't overheat on the drive south. I was running a bit warm yesterday, so a new radiator is likely in order. It should start for him.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fvck almost got taken out by a high speed police chase in Concord. I was transporting a client to John Muir medical center when I see headlights and red and blue lights approaching at high speed. The car being chased slammed into into a car about 100' in front of me. Car parts went flying everywhere. Major craziness. I took these on my way back after dropping off my client. The car wedged into the front of the parked car belonged to the bad guy
20220719_093407~2.jpg
20220719_093403~2.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I kinda want traditional Old El Paso crispy taco shell gringo tacos tonight. With lettuce, sour cream, and everything.
that's what we've been making lately because that's what the kids like. trying to start to branch out though... i've gotten them both to try soft corn tortillas, and chicken tacos.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Turning down a job offer and being lectured by the hiring manager about my current job being only a "job" and what they're offering me is a career, a career that pays 1/3 less than I make despite requiring more hours now is a weird way to start the day.

I guess I gotta start asking for pay range before even wasting my time. Just assumed a company specifically recruiting me, with millions of dollars in cost-plus business they can't get done would have had a rough idea of what I should be making and be willing to pay.

seriously. i've been toying around with getting a used e46 3series convertible for marginally more than what i could get a good mtb for.
What can you get a 2006 mountainbike for though? Seems like a slightly more valid comparison

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Turning down a job offer and being lectured by the hiring manager about my current job being only a "job" and what they're offering me is a career, a career that pays 1/3 less than I make despite requiring more hours now is a weird way to start the day.

I guess I gotta start asking for pay range before even wasting my time.
Yep - this is something that should be at least discussed in the first interview, IMO. I wasted 3 interviews on a job that just simply wasn't going to pay enough once... lesson learned.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So I just taught a class on investing basics. I got an email about 5min ago that said "I didn't understand 90% of the words you used, after you defined them, and the way you used them together. Can we please schedule time so you can take care of my account?"

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
So I just taught a class on investing basics. I got an email about 5min ago that said "I didn't understand 90% of the words you used, after you defined them, and the way you used them together. Can we please schedule time so you can take care of my account?"
"hey fam, YOLO the house into TSLA weeklies."
Sincerely,
Mr. Stoney