Quantcast

***sundaze GMT***

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Woke up at 5:30am but felt okay, clock in the kitchen said 6:30.
Hmmm, seems Daylight Savings is over, damn.

As of today I haven't ridden a bike for three weeks, that's bad.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up since 5am studying. Need to finish the dryer repairs letter today, then some bike riding with Hannah. Haley must be destroyed after yesterday, because she went to sleep an hour early last night and still isn't up, 30min after usual.

Data analysis tonight, but I have a feeling there isn't much where Haley can make those laps faster than she already is. System can take all of her laps together to make the "fast" lap of the day and see where she could do things better. If you have a newer GoPro, it can also stitch together the video when sync'd to the system, so you can see your "fast lap".

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well, I felt like doing a quick run of the data while waiting for Hannah at swim. And data is awesome.

Yesterday's best theoretical lap: 48.976

Yesterday's best actual lap: 49.606

Only 2 of 17 sections in that lap were best times. Most were top-3 for the day. And her best rolling lap (any point-to-point continuous), which was a 49.516, were segments 7-17 of that lap and 1-6 of the following. So that lap was really cranking given the majority of her fastest rolling lap was that lap.

I really think she's damn near topped out that track with her gearing, because her avg lap all day is tight. There's still clearly space for improvement (per the data), but I have a feeling getting the gearing right will make a huge difference.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Back in my day we didn’t have no fancy science computer to tell us how to go faster. We just rowed gears and didn’t lift.

#getoffmylawn
A well regarded Canadian research team, after five years of analyzing speed variables and data, including wind speed, nutrition, altitude, and other factors, came to one overwhelming conclusion regarding increasing speeds. They published this simple edict, and it spread nationally, then to Australia, and finally around the world.
The consensus, after this research?

“GIV’ER, EH?”

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
My neighbor wanted to check out Coffee Pot rapids fishing hole a couple miles downstream from where we usually ski.

It devolved into a 5-hour, 5 moose , 5" of powder sufferfest, and we called it 9/10 of the way there due to exhaustion.

Apparently that which does not kill you can still make you tired as fuck...

Brought the skinny tire bike down in hopes of riding Yellowstone sometime over the next 19 days before it opens to cars.

Given it's still nuking out here I suspect that opening date may be a tad optimistic...

IMG_20230401_144039579_copy_2000x1125.jpg
IMG_20230401_151326368_copy_2000x1125.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You didn't bring your skis? To the ski hill?
No Loveland season pass, lessons all up at Valley instead of Basin, no powder, and Baby Aya's lesson only running 9:30-12:30 so limited time. Plus the MIL is up so my wife feels like she is obligated to hang with her and we have a nice cozy table in the sun + WiFi. Going to try to write up the abstract for the meeting in Japan I want to go to in this time. Or just waste time on the interwebs maybe
Back in my day we didn’t have no fancy science computer to tell us how to go faster. We just rowed gears and didn’t lift.

#getoffmylawn
did you double clutch or did you granny shift or what

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Had a great day yesterday. I finished 8th overall in my 6.55 mile race, then I went and saw the awesomeness that was John Wick 4. Unfortunately the bucket of movie popcorn I downed derailed my plans to pick up a burrito calorie bomb for dinner.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So apparently I was off on my rear sprocket. It's 53, not 63. So the wind up is super long. That will make a huge difference regarding getting to top speed.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
5 1/2 months since my last ride on my GG.

Despite having been serviced prior to today, forked screwed up and sucked down to 90mm travel on the DH and my gears screwed up for the climb back up. So not a success. Hikers on every section of bike only DH trail just rounded things off.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Despite having been serviced prior to today, forked screwed up and sucked down to 90mm travel on the DH and my gears screwed up for the climb back up. So not a success. Hikers on every section of bike only DH trail just rounded things off.
I only liked this comment, because you have dirt to ride.

But congrats on not ghost riding your bike off a cliff in frustration. :dead:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

Apex? is it GTG?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I hope that you very politely called them shit-head wankers that were going to die in a fiery collision.
Not joking, three groups on the gut, two people went through the gate in front of me as I was dropping into Sluicebox - I pointed out the error of their ways, no idea if they retreated. Then there were others hiking up Enchanted which meant they'd come from somewhere else they shouldn't have been. No one intelligent would be riding Enchanted as it looked like a luge track, but still...